Compressed air is essential to powering equipment on many job sites. With a portable air compressor, you'll gain immediate access to compressed air anywhere you need it.
At Stowers Cat, we have high-quality portable air compressor rentals available to meet all your needs.
What Are Portable Air Compressors?
An air compressor delivers pressurized air to your pneumatic tools and equipment. Portable air compressors are smaller and lighter than stationary models while offering similar functionality, operating capacity and safety features. Portable units also have a trailer-mounted design that allows you to tow them to and around your job site with ease.
Portable Air Compressor Applications
Portable air compressors are used for a wide variety of industries and applications, including:
- Construction: On construction sites, portable air compressors power tools such as drills, nail and riveting guns, wrenches, and jack and chipping hammers.
- Agriculture: Farmers use portable air compressors to power crop sprayers, material handling machines, conveyors and dairy equipment.
- Pharmaceutical: The pharmaceutical industry uses air compressors to package products, apply coatings and operate conveyor systems.
- Manufacturing: Portable air compressors serve as backup power for manufacturing operations during emergencies.
- Oil and gas: The oil and gas industry depends on portable air compressors to power equipment at remote offshore and onshore drilling sites, install and remove reactor rods, and control valves in coolant and steam circuits.
Types of Portable Air Compressors
We offer two varieties of mobile compressed air solutions:
- Rotary screw air compressors: These fuel-powered models use screws to squeeze air to the required pressure. Because the screws compress air on demand, rotary screw units do not require a storage tank.
- Reciprocating (piston) air compressors: Reciprocating air compressors require a separate air tank for operation. They use a piston to pressurize the air, which then moves into the tank. Reciprocating air compressors have electric or internal combustion engines.
How to Choose a Portable Air Compressor Rental
When you're choosing a portable air compressor rental, you should consider several factors:
- Type: Rotary screw air compressors work well for continuous, heavy-duty jobs, while piston air compressors are ideal for smaller applications. Electric models are usually better for enclosed spaces because they do not produce harmful exhaust.
- Size: Check your tools to see how many pounds per square inch (psi) of air pressure and cubic feet per minute (cfm) of output they require.
- Tank: Continuous applications typically require larger tanks that can store more air. Smaller tanks work best for an intermittent air supply.
- Hose: The longer your hose, the more likely you are to lose psi during travel.
Benefits of Air Compressor Rentals
Renting a portable air compressor from Stowers Cat enables you to grow your business with greater flexibility and less financial obligation. If you need a portable air compressor for a one-off or short-term project, renting allows you to complete the job without making an expensive, long-term investment. You'll also save money on repair and maintenance costs, as Stowers Cat handles all necessary services for our rental machines.
Contact Stowers Cat for Portable Air Compressor Rentals
At Stowers Cat, we offer customized rental plans, affordable rates, industry-leading equipment and outstanding service to help you succeed at what you do. Contact us today to receive a quick quote on a portable air compressor, or visit a nearby store to learn more.