Handling jobs with tight access requires reliable equipment that can navigate smaller spaces while delivering optimal performance. If you need a rugged solution to manage a demanding application, a microexcavator might be the right solution for you. A microdigger is a compact model of an excavator that can fit into and maneuver in tight spaces. This equipment can help you with various requirements, from ground leveling and repairing sewage lines to small construction demolitions.
With Cat® equipment, you can get uncompromising performance for your excavation requirements. Explore how you can use a microexcavator for your projects and partner with Stowers Cat to get the solutions you need.
What Is a Microexcavator?
Designed to handle light work or projects inaccessible to a larger excavator, microexcavators have many of the same capabilities as full-size excavators. A microexcavator can manage numerous earthmoving applications for construction and other industries, from creating foundations to digging trenches or holes. Classified as having an operating weight below 3,000 lbs, miniexcavators are optimized to provide tough performance for lighter loads and extensive earthwork capacity when a larger equipment solution can’t fit.
The miniexcavator includes a boom, stick and bucket connected to a cab for efficient operation. The equipment can come with tracks or wheels to meet your job’s specifications. With buckets ranging from 12 to 24 inches, they also come in several operating capacities to fit your requirements.
Depending on the model, a minidigger can be small enough to go through a building, as the most compact available models can fit through a gate/narrow walkway. Miniexcavators are available in a few different sizes, so you can find the best option for the power and compact design you need for your project.
Types of Microexcavators Attachments
Choose from several different attachments to get the right minidigger capabilities for your specific application. Because of their size and operating capacity, these versatile models can take on various jobs at the work site. A quick attachment change can help you handle multiple functional requirements with the same tough, reliable equipment.
Available attachments include:
When you work with Cat equipment, you’ll have access to an extensive inventory of attachments and tools to best fit your specific operating needs.
Key Microexcavator Applications
Microexcavators are ideal for industries ranging from contracting and landscaping to construction, capable of tackling various earthmoving requirements. Whatever your project, you can leverage a minidigger to tackle jobs such as:
- Irrigation: Because they’re optimized for efficient and precise digging, microexcavators can enhance irrigation system management.
- Landscaping: Minidiggers can handle a range of earthmoving jobs to streamline the landscaping process, from leveling to load carrying.
- Snowplowing: With the right blade attachment, a microexcavator can easily be used for clearing ice and snow from work sites and roads.
- Sewer line repairs: For repair jobs that don’t need to dig too far down, a minidigger can quickly and efficiently dig out trenches to access sewer lines.
- Construction: Microexcavators can manage precise ground leveling, load carrying and other key tasks throughout the building process of anything from pools to deck building. Plus, they can navigate tighter spaces to transport materials more efficiently.
Advantages of the Cat® Microexcavator
When you need a rugged microexcavator to handle your projects at the work site, turn to solutions from Caterpillar, the foremost brand in the industry. Cat products are built for quality first to deliver maximum value and performance from your equipment investments.
Some of the high-performance advantages Cat microexcavators offers for your workloads include:
- Quieter operation: With Cat miniexcavators, you get quieter, smaller equipment with less noise pollution. Having quieter operations can be a significant advantage when you’re handling a project in a residential area or another public space.
- Convenient transportation: Easy to navigate because of its smaller, lighter size, minidiggers allow for fast and convenient transportation between work sites.
- Optimized performance: With a smaller weight and a sizable operating capacity, microexcavators are compact yet rugged. They can deliver optimized performance, strength and lifting and digging power for your requirements, all while using less space.
- Versatile applications: Cat microexcavators are the right size to work with a range of attachments for numerous applications, from digging to leveling and hauling. They can help you get multiple jobs done easier and more efficiently.
- Compact footprint: Designed to take up less space while providing the performance you need, minidiggers have a compact footprint to work in various environments. Whether you’re operating in an alley or hauling loads in a tight space, this equipment can handle the job for you.
- Straightforward usability: With optimized features for usability, miniexcavators are lighter and easier to operate. When you need staff on the job, this equipment is easy to train employees to use.
- Retractable Undercarriage – Strong lift and dig performance helps you get the job done faster. The retractable undercarriage lets you access and work in the tightest areas.
- Stick Steer Travel Mode – Moving around the job site is even easier with the Cat Stick Steer option. Easily switch from traditional travel controls with levers and pedals to joystick controls with a push of a button. The benefit of less effort and improved control is in your hands!
- All-day comfort – Choose either a canopy or a sealed and pressurized cab equipped with air conditioning, adjustable wrist rests, and a suspension seat option to help keep you working comfortably all day long.
Cat products offer a range of models to tackle your most demanding applications and help you get the job done better. Cat miniexcavators have what you need for the job, with the smallest microexcavator models for tight spaces to broader yet still compact models for a little more power. Stowers Cat is your trusted dealer to help you find the right solutions for the job.
How Much Does a Microexcavator Cost?
Depending on the model and capabilities you need, a microexcavator can range considerably in cost. You can expect smaller models to be available at a lower price point, while larger models with more features will be a higher investment. Keep in mind that the right model for your operations will deliver the best set of capabilities for your applications. Whatever you invest in a microexcavator, one with trusted performance can provide a high return on investment for you.
Get Your Equipment With Stowers Cat
If you’re ready to make the investment for your microexcavator, trust Stowers Cat as your dealer. With six locations, extensive resources and a broad inventory through the worldwide Cat dealer network, we can help you find what you need for the job. Our goal is to help every client get the best equipment for their specific project needs. We’re here to help you throughout the financing process and can help you make the best product selections. Additionally, we provide post-purchase follow-up to ensure your investment meets your expectations.
We offer extensive expertise and ongoing client support to help you get optimized performance and value from your microexcavator and other Cat products. Get in touch with us today for more information on the microexcavators available at Stowers Cat.