Cat Large Wheel Loaders are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. The new 986H builds upon this legacy of durability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability and sustainability.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit loads into the frame.
- Cast axle pivot mounting areas better disperse stress loads for increased structural integrity.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket edges and work area through a Z-bar design.
- High load stresses are absorbed by the solid steel lift arms.
- Enhance strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Heat treated gears and shafts extend component life and maximize reliability.
- Four forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C15 ACERT Engine
- Mechanically Actuated Electronic Unit Injection (MEUI™) controls injection pressure over the entire engine operating range. This gives the C15 ACERT engine complete control over injection timing, duration and pressure.
- Extended engine life through Cat components with proven reliability.
- The Advanced Diesel Engine Management (ADEM™) A4 electronic control module manages fuel delivery to optimize performance and provide quick engine response.
Transmission Neutralizer Pedal
- Extends service brake life by neutralizing transmission as service brakes are applied.
- Allows full power to implement system while the machine is stationary during truck loading.
Simple, Intuitive Operator Interface
- Comfortable soft detent implement controls.
- Low effort, responsive steering wheel.
- Easy-to-use, in-cab programmable lift kickout allows the operator to pre set linkage positions and achieve faster cycle times.
3rd Valve Hydraulic Control
- Implement pump case drain filters.
- Implement system filter.
- Steering pump case drain filters.
- Power train oil filter.
Load Sense Hydraulics
- Lowered fuel consumption.
- Consistent performance and efficiency with lower system heat.
Entry and Exit
- Punch stamped tread plates provide excellent footing.
- Spacious cab provides ample space for comfortable entry and exit.
- Angled access ladder.
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod that moves with the seat.
- Optional heated seat for cold weather applications.
Optional Rear View Camera
Cat Monitoring System
- Fuel tank level.
- Engine and steering oil pressures.
- Engine coolant temperature.
- Torque converter and hydraulic oil temperature.
- Engine inlet air temperature.
- Walkways with non-skid surfaces are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Angled access ladder and strategically placed grab handles provide safe access and egress for the operator.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Cab mounted LED warning beacon.
- Optional heated seat.
- Optional HID lights provide optimal workspace visibility.
- Full Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) integrated into cab design.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 986H has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Centralized, ground level grease points for injecting grease into linkage pin joints.
- Centralized remote pressure taps for power train components.
- Ground electrical service center with emergency engine shutdown switch, battery disconnect switch and circuit breakers.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Reducing Impact to the Environment
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste with our maintenance free or extended maintenance batteries.
- To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Performance Series Buckets
General Purpose Bucket
- Sidebar protectors.
- General duty and penetration tips.
- Standard and half arrow segments.
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 115 amp
- Batteries, dry
- Battery disconnect switch
- Converter, 10/15 amp, 24V to 12V
- Lighting system (halogen, work lights)
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound suppressed and pressurized
- Cigar lighter, ashtray
- Controls, lift and tilt function
- Heater, defroster
- Instrumentation, gauges: – Coolant temperature – Engine hour meter – Hydraulic oil temperature – Power train oil temperature
- Light, cab, dome
- Lunchbox, beverage holders
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth), air suspension, six-way adjustable
- Seat belt, retractable
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear indicator
- Wet-Arm wipers/washers (front and rear): – Intermittent front and rear wipers
- Brakes, oil-cooled, multi-disc, service/secondary
- Driveline parking brake
- Engine, C15 ACERT diesel, turbocharged/aftercooled
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Precleaner, engine air intake (above hood)
- Torque converter with LUC
- Transmission, planetary powershift, 4F/3R electronic control
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Fuel tank
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- Hydraulic, steering and brake filtration/screening system
- Oil sampling valves
- Premixed 50% concentration of extended life coolant with freeze protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Steering, load sensing
- Quick coupler
- Batteries – additional
- AM/FM/CD radio
- Rearview camera (WAVS)
- LED strobe warning beacon
- Radio ready
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.