Cat Large Wheel Loaders are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton.Introduced in 1990, the 994 has become the top customer choice in its size class for over 25 years. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series' legacy of reliability, safety, operator comfort, serviceability and sustainability.All images included in this Specalog show a U.S. EPA Tier 1/EU Stage I Equivalent configuration. It's important to note that the Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V Equivalent will have some physical differences, including the presence of a DEF tank.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces to maximize life of mounted components.
- Frames utilize castings in key areas to maximize frame durability and optimize efficiency.
- Rear axle mounting to frame optimized to better disperse loads for increased structural integrity.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket edges and work area through a Z-bar design.
- High load stresses are absorbed by the solid steel lift arms.
- Enhanced strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
- Stress relieved lift arms increase durability.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treated gears.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat 3516E Engine
- On-demand performance through the use of turbochargers and aftercoolers.
- High Torque Rise – 39% torque rise ensures high lugging forces during digging and acceleration in high rimpull conditions.
- Extended engine life through a longer stroke and lower rpm ratings.
- Quick engine response through the use of electronic controls.
- Provides similar control and feel to our traditional throttle lock feature.
- Efficiency of manual throttle and the ergonomics of throttle lock.
Positive Flow Control Hydraulics
- Fast, productive cycles enabled by four electronically controlled, fully variable piston pumps.
- Increased bucket feel and control.
- Consistent performance and efficiency with lower system heat.
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
- Conveniently set automatic implement kickouts from inside the cab.
- Joystick or single axis levers now available.
- Efficient variable displacement piston pumps.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 40 degrees of steering articulation.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
- Lift/tilt case drain filters.
- Lift/tilt high pressure screens.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Steering high pressure screens.
- Hydraulic case drain filters.
- Power train filters for transmission, torque converter, and pump drives.
- Front and rear brake oil screens.
- A standard demand fan to improve efficiency and cooling performance.
- Optional high ambient package for hot climate conditions.
- Optional fan control to enable proper cooling performance in cold weather.
Deluxe Operator Seat
- Available heated and ventilated seat featuring leather seat bolster surfaces.
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and air seat suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with pressure indicator.
- Low operator sound levels.
- Available heated and ventilated seats featuring leather covered seat bolster and headrest.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine systems.
Vital Information Management System (VIMS™)
- Create productivity reports with payload and work cycle segmentation.
- Identify operator training needs through productivity data.
- Detailed data logging of machine parameters and diagnostic codes.
- Track machine sensor information with trend analysis and histograms to monitor machine health.
Cat Production Measurement (CPM)
Terrain for Loading
- Wider stairs with 45 degree angles provide easy access for operators getting on and off the 994K.
- Wide walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress ladder provides a third exit, if needed.
- Cat Detect, which includes Cat Vision plus an optional object detection radar system, enhances operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard LED lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- LED warning lights, programmable for site-specific signaling.
- Six mirror system improves operator line of sight to the side and rear of the machine. Heated option also available.
- Standard pull down window shade.
- Higher cab position for improved visibility during truck loading operations.
- Viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension reduce vibrations from the machine to the operator.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belt with minder.
- Optional 4 point harness with minder.
- Operator training seat with standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belt facilitates convenient new operator training.
Powered Access System
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise and lower stairs from cab level or ground.
We help you succeed by ensuring your 994K has design features to increase uptime.
- The standard, comprehensive filtration system maintains clean fluids to enable high component reliability.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Powered fresh air filter extends cab filter life.
- Optional lighting for main service compartments.
Superior Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
- Increased fuel efficiency results in less fuel consumption and fewer emissions than mechanical drive counterparts.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 994 is one of the most rebuilt products. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while reducing waste to help conserve natural resources.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. When you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- Fluids are better controlled through use of Cat anti-drain filter housings and component ecology drains.
Increase Productivity and Fuel Efficiency
Heavy Duty Rock Buckets
Iron Ore Buckets
Ground Engaging Tools
- CapSure™ Tip Option: Heavy Duty Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Heavy Abrasion Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Coal Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Heavy Penetration Tip
- Edge Protection Option: CapSure Shrouds
- Edge Protection Option: Half Arrow Segment
- CapSure Sidebar Protector
- MAWPs – on Side and Bottom
- Base End Edge Protector
- Adapter Top Cover
CapSure™ Retention Technology
- Back-up alarm
- Alternator (225 amp)
- Dry batteries
- 10/15 amp, 24V to 12V converter
- Disconnect switch in bumper
- LED warning lights (pattern selectable)
- LED lighting system (working lights, access and service platform lights, turn signals/hazard lights)
- Emergency jump start receptacle
- Starter and transmission lockout in bumper
- Combined VIMS download and Cat Electronic Technician service port in bumper
- 24V starting and charging system
- Electric starters
- Air conditioner
- Cab pressure indicator
- Cab is sound suppressed and pressurized with separate external rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS) radio ready for entertainment, includes antenna, speakers and converter (12-volt 5-amp) and power port
- Cat Vision (rear vision camera system)
- Coat hook
- Lift and tilt function controls
- Graphical touchscreen information display, conveys real time operating information and payload measurement
- Heater, defroster, auto temperature controls
- Electric (field and shop) horns
- Gauge instrumentation
– DEF Level, if equipped
– Coolant temperature
– Hydraulic oil temperature
– Fuel level
– Power train oil temperature
– Engine speed (tachometer)
– Transmission gear
– Ground speed
– Engine hour meter
- Warning/indicator instrumentation
– Low DEF Level, if equipped
– Three category action alert system
– Brake malfunction
– Bucket float status
– Delayed engine shutdown status
– Engine idle shutdown status
– Engine malfunction
– Fuel economy mode enable status
– Hydraulic lockout
– Lockup clutch enable status
– Low fuel level
– Parking brake status
– Quick shift enable status
– Rimpull control enable status
– Seat belt warning
– Secondary steering
– Throttle lock status
– Transmission gear
– Turn signal
- Keypad control with indicator lights
– Fuel economy mode
– Implement kickouts
– Lockup clutch
– Manual lube
– Quickshift enable
– Rimpull control system
– Side rearview mirror heater
– Throttle lock
– Turn signals
- Dash backlight control
– Hazard lights
- Dome light in cab
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Rearview mirrors (externally mounted)
- Retractable seat belt, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- Cat Comfort (cloth), air suspension, six-way adjustable seat
- Trainer seat with lap belt, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC system
- Sun screen, pull down (front and rear)
- Tinted glass
- VIMS with Information Display: external data port, Cycle Timer, integrated Cat Production Measurement
- Intermittent wet arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Service center
– Keypad, messenger, ET, VIMS, stairway lamp
- Oil cooled, multi-disc, service/secondary brakes
- Case drain filters
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Engine, 3516E High Displacement (HD) Mechanical Electronic Unit Injector (MEUI™-A) Air-to-Air After Cooling (ATAAC) diesel, turbocharged/aftercooled
- Engine prelube
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Engine air intake (above hood) precleaner
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular Radiator (AMR)
- Automatic, ether starting aid
- Electronic throttle lock
- Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) with Lock-Up Clutch (LUC) and rimpull control system
- Planetary powershift, 3F/3R electronic control transmission
- Automatic bucket lift/tilt kickout/positioner
- Automatic lubrication system
- Cat O-ring face seal couplings
- Lockable service access doors
- Ecology drains
- Economy Mode
- High speed engine oil change system
- Front frame access with steps
- Front walkway around cab
- Ground level fast fill fuel system
- Transmission guard
- Drawbar hitch with pin
- Cat XT™ hoses
- Implement, steering and brake filtration/screening system
- Left side service center
- Oil sampling valves
- Premixed 50% concentration of extended life coolant with freeze protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Pump bay access ladders with T-handle and platform
- Rear access to cab and service platform
- Load sensing steering
- Supplemental steering system
- Tie-offs on ROPS and radiator guards
- Toe kicks
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Cooling cleanout service package
- Venturi stacks
- Oil Renewal System (ORS) (Not available on Tier 4 Final machines. Not available in all regions.)
- Service lights
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with Bluetooth® and satellite ready
- Cat Terrain ready
- 1118 mm (44") spare rim
- 1194 mm (47") spare rim
- Wheel chocks
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225