Cat Large Wheel Loaders are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. Introduced in 2008 the success of the 993K is a testament to its heritage. Created from Cat Large Wheel Loader DNA, the roots of performance, durability, comfort and efficiency runs deep. Move more make more with the 993K.
- Full box-section rear frame and four-plate loader tower resists shock and torsional loading to maintain hitch and loader linkage pin alignment.
- Robotically welded structures provide deep weld penetration for maximum durability and fatigue strength.
- Castings increase strength by spreading loads and reducing the number of parts.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket edges and work area through a Z-bar design.
- High load stresses are absorbed by the solid steel lift arms.
- Enhance strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
- Stress relieved lift arms increase durability and lengthen time to repair.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C32 ACERT
- On-demand performance through the use of turbochargers and aftercoolers.
- High Torque Rise – 33% torque rise ensures high lugging forces during digging and acceleration in high rimpull conditions.
- Extended engine life and improved efficiency through reduced operating speed.
- Quick engine response through the use of electronic engine controls.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
- Conveniently set automatic implement kickouts from inside the cab.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pump.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees of steering articulation.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
- Implement/fan case drain filters.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Implement, steering, brake and fan high pressure screens.
- Full flow implement return screens.
- Full flow fan/steering return filter.
- Pilot filtration.
- Extended life transmission filter.
- Front and rear axle oil filters.
Positive Flow Control Hydraulics
- Fast, productive cycles enabled by three electronically controlled, fully variable piston pumps.
- Increase bucket feel and control through increased hydraulic response.
- Consistent performance and efficiency with lower system heat.
Entry and Exit
- 45 degree access stairway.
- Fold up STIC steer/arm rest.
Cat Optimized Seat System
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 70 dB(A).
- Easy-to-view Advisor Display features a large screen.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
- Store up to 10 separate operator profiles through Advisor.
- Decrease setup time between operators by recalling personalized screen layouts.
Payload Control System
- Quick payload weighs with on-the-go weighing.
- Comprehensive record accuracy of machine performance with up to 1,000 truck records with 25 different materials.
- Production Summary
- Machine Utilization
- Productive Cycle Time
- Loader Payload Summary
- Fuel Usage Summary
Terrain for Loading
- 45 degree stairs increase safety for operators getting on and off the 993K.
- Walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress access.
- Optional pull down window shade and heated mirrors ensure extended visibility for safe operation.
- Cat Detect with Object Detection System (rearview camera and radar) or Vision (rearview camera) option increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Lighting packages provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Low vibrations to the operator with viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Operator training seat facilitates safe new operator training.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat and operator training seat.
Powered Access System
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise and lower platform from cab level or ground.
- Occupants can quickly exit with a conveniently located emergency release valve if the loader becomes inoperable.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 993K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Protecting the Environment
- Burns up to 10% less fuel than the previous 993K to minimize your CO2 footprint.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 993K is one of the most rebuilt products. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Heavy Duty Rock Bucket
High Abrasion Rock Bucket
Cat Advansys™ Ground Engaging Tools
- CapSure™ Tip Option: Heavy Duty Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Heavy Abrasion Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Coal Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Heavy Penetration Tip
- Edge Protection Option: CapSure Shrouds
- Edge Protection Option: Half Arrow Segment
- CapSure Sidebar Protector
- MAWPs – on Side and Bottom
- Base End Edge Protector
CapSure™ Retention Technology
- Brakes, oil-cooled, multi-disc, service/secondary
- Case drain filters
- Demand fan
- Driveline parking brake
- Engine, Cat C32 ACERT
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Precleaner, engine air intake (above hood)
- Starting aid, ether, automatic
- Throttle lock, electronic
- Torque converter, Impeller Clutch (ICTC) with Rimpull Control System
- Transmission, planetary powershift, 3F/3R electronic control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150-amp
- Batteries, maintenance free, 4 – 1,400 CCA
- Deutsch terminal connectors
- Diagnostic connector starting and charging system
- Electrical system, 24 volt
- Electronic Service Center
- Electronic transmission control
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear) lighting, access stairway
- Starter and charging system, 24V
- Starter receptacle for emergency start
- Starter and transmission lockouts (bumper)
- Advisor Display, displays real time operating information, performs calibrations and customizes operator settings
- Air conditioner
- Air precleaner
- Cab, sound suppressed and pressurized, separate external rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS) radio ready for entertainment, includes antenna, speakers and converter (12-volt 10-amp) and power port
- Cigar lighter, ashtray
- Coat hook
- Controls, lift and tilt function
- Digital display on center console: – Gear – Ground speed – Machine hours
- Heater, defroster
- Horn, electric
- Instrumentation, gauges: – Coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Power train oil temperature – Tachometer
- Light, cab, dome
- Lunchbox, beverage and manual holders
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Rimpull Control System
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth), air suspension, six-way adjustable
- Seat, trainer with lap belt, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- Seat belt, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC Control System
- Transmission gear indicator
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS) with Advisor Display: External Data Port, Customizable Operator Profiles, Cycle Timer, Integrated Payload Control System
- Wet-Arm wipers/washers (front and rear): – Intermittent front and rear wipers
- Automatic bucket leveler
- Automatic lift and lower bucket kickout
- Axle ecology drain
- Bumper service center
- Deluxe filtration
- Emergency platform egress
- Front walkway
- Fuel, fast fill system
- Grouped hydraulic pressure ports
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Implement and steering ecology drains
- Implement lock lever, cab
- Linkage pins, maintenance free
- Oil sampling valves
- Positive Flow Control implement system
- Product Link™
- Service center with ground level electrical and fluid connections
- Sight gauges for steering, implement and transmission oil
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Starter lockout, bumper
- Steering and transmission lock lever, cab
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Transmission lockout, bumper
- –50° C (–58° F) antifreeze
- Engine coolant heater (120V)
- Engine coolant heater (240V)
- LED warning strobe
- Object detection (radar)
- Power converter
- Rear vision camera
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- Cab precleaner
- Satellite Sirius radio with bluetooth
- Sun screen
- Cat Terrain ready
- 40.00×51 spare rim
- Axle oscillation limit stop
- Egress, powered rear access
- Rear roading fenders
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225