Caterpillar first introduced the 992 in 1968. This large wheel loader has been a global leader ever since, building a reputation as a face loader that's both safe to operate, productive and durable. With the introduction of the K Series, we've enhanced the operator's experience and the safety of those working on and around the machine. With both standard and high lift configurations, this machine will pass match with fleets of 775, 777, and 785 trucks. If your operations revolve around the 992 as a loading tool, you'll find everything that's important to your business in the 992K; safety, productivity, cost control and comfort for your people.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces to maximize life of mounted components.
- Frames utilize castings in key areas to maximize frame durability and optimize efficiency.
- Rear axle mounting to frame optimized to better disperse loads for increased structural integrity.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket edges and work area.
- Enhanced strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
- Stress relieved lift arm increases durability.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treated gears and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C32 ACERT Engine
- Like all Cat machines, this engine has been completely integrated into all machine systems resulting in power curves, fuel maps and ratings that are unique to this machine and applications.
- The solid foundation of this engine starts from our legendary foundries delivering the highest quality engine block.
- The mechanically actuated, electronically controlled unit injection (MEUI™) ensures that fuel is metered out in optimal quantities for both power and efficiency.
- Provides similar control and feel to our traditional throttle lock feature.
- Efficiency of manual throttle and the ergonomics of throttle lock.
Positive Flow Control Hydraulics
- Fast, productive cycles enabled by four electronically controlled, fully variable piston pumps.
- Increased bucket feel and control.
- Consistent performance and efficiency with lower system heat.
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
- Conveniently set automatic implement kickouts from inside the cab.
- Efficient variable displacement piston pumps.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
- Lift/tilt case drain filters.
- Lift/tilt high pressure screens.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Steering high pressure screens.
- Hydraulic case drain filters.
- Power train filters for transmission, torque converter, and pump drives.
- Front and rear brake oil screens.
- A standard demand fan to improve efficiency and cooling performance.
- Optional high ambient package for hot climate conditions.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and air seat suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with pressure indicator.
- Low operator sound levels.
- Available heated and ventilated seats featuring leather covered seat bolster and headrest.
Deluxe Operator Seat
- Available heated and ventilated seat featuring leather seat bolster surfaces.
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine systems.
- Quick on-the-go weighing with the Cat Production Measurement (CPM).
Cat Product Link™
- Remote access to information through the easy-to-use VisionLink® interface.
- Maximize uptime by staying informed on machine systems and diagnostic codes.
- Track machine with utilization, fuel usage, and payload summaries.
- Stay up to date on machine location, service meter hours, and reporting status.
Vital Information Management System (VIMS™)
- Create productivity reports with payload and work cycle segmentation.
- Identify operator training needs through productivity data.
- Detailed data logging of machine parameters and diagnostic codes.
- Track machine sensor information with trend analysis and histograms to monitor machine health.
Terrain for Loading
- Wider stairs with 45 degree angles provide easy access for operators getting on and off the 992K.
- Wide walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress ladder provides a third exit, if needed.
- Cat Detect, which includes Cat Vision plus an optional object detection radar system, enhances operator awareness around the machine.
- LED warning lights, programmable for site-specific signaling.
- A mirror system improves operator line of sight to the side and rear of the machine. Heated option also available.
- Pull down window shade.
- Viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension reduce vibrations from the machine to the operator.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belt with minder.
- Optional 4 point harness with minder.
- Operator training seat with standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belt facilitates safe new operator training.
Fire Suppression Ready System
- Provides required provisions to mount a fire suppression system.
- Allows the customer to install a fire suppression system quickly without compromising other components.
Powered Access System
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise and lower stairs from cab level or ground.
We help you succeed by ensuring your 992K has design features to increase uptime.
- The standard, comprehensive filtration system maintains clean fluids to enable high component reliability.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Powered fresh air filter extends cab filter life.
Superior Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Protecting the Environment
- Increased fuel efficiency to minimize your carbon footprint.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. When you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- Fluids are better controlled through use of Cat anti-drain filter housings and component ecology drains.
Increase Productivity and Fuel Efficiency
Heavy Duty Rock Buckets
Iron Ore Buckets
Cat Advansys™ Ground Engaging Tools
- CapSure™ Tip Option: Heavy Duty Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Heavy Abrasion Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Coal Tip
- CapSure Tip Option: Heavy Penetration Tip
- Edge Protection Option: CapSure Shrouds
- Edge Protection Option: Half Arrow Segment
- CapSure Sidebar Protector
- MAWPs – on Side and Bottom
- Base End Edge Protector
CapSure™ Retention Technology
- Air-to-Air After Cooler (ATAAC)
- Axle oil coolers (front and rear)
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes and dry parking/secondary brake
- Case drain filters
- Demand fan
- Driveline, electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Engine Cat C32 ACERT
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Ground level fast fill fuel
- Ground level transmission lockout
- Ground level starter lockout
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular (AMR)
- Starting aid, ether, automatic
- Throttle lock
- Transmission, 533 mm (21 in) planetary powershift with 3F/3R with electronic control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150-amp
- Batteries, low maintenance
- Converter, 10-amp, 24V to 12V
- Deutsch and amp seal terminal connectors
- Ground level electrical disconnect
- Ground level starting receptacle for emergency start
- Light, warning strobe
- Lights, front and rear, access stairway, turn signals/hazard lights
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting and charging system, 24V, ECM diagnostic connector
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature control
- Cab, sound suppressed, pressurized, rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS), radio ready for (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers, and a 12V converter (24-volt, 10-amp) for use with laptop/cell phone use
- Camera, rear vision
- Cigar lighter
- Coat hook
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift controls
- Horn, electric
- Implement and steering lockouts
- Light, dome (cab)
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Seat, Cat Comfort with air suspension
- Seat belt, 2-point, 76 mm (3 in), minder
- Steering and transmission lock lever
- STIC control system
- Tie-offs on ROPS
- Tinted glass
- Trainer seat with 76 mm (3 in) wide lap belt
- Transmission gear indicator
- VIMS (Vital Info Management System): – 3G with graphical information display – Cycle timer – External data port – Integral Cat Production Measurement (Cat PM)
- Wet-arm wipers/washer (front, rear, and corners), intermittent front wipers
- Fire suppression ready
- Automatic lubrication system
- Bumper service center
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seals
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Economy mode
- Emergency platform egress
- Fenders, steel (front and rear)
- Fuel, fast fill
- Grouped hydraulic pressure ports
- Guards, power train and crankcase
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™ and XT-ES
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Impeller clutch
- Implement and steering ecology drains
- Mufflers, under hood
- Oil sampling valves
- Piston pump case drain filters
- Service center with ground level electrical and fluids service center
- Sight gauges: – Steering oil level – Implement oil level – Transmission oil level – Coolant level
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Starter lockout, bumper
- Steering, load sensing
- Tie-offs on ROPS
- Toe kicks
- Transmission lockout, bumper
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stacks (2)
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with Bluetooth and satellite ready
- Sun screen
- Engine coolant 120V heater
- Engine coolant 240V heater
- Cat Terrain ready
- Arctic antifreeze for protection to –50° C (–58° F)
- Diagnostic lines
- Roading fenders
- Wheel chocks
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225