The Cat 938M Small Wheel Loader sets the standard for productivity, fuel efficiency and operator comfort. The improved optimized Z-bar loader linkage delivers the quick loading performance of a traditional Z-bar with the parallelism and load handling capability of a tool carrier. A high torque, low speed C7.1 ACERT engine works in concert with an intelligent hystat power train to deliver fuel efficiency as standard. Meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards with an environmentally friendly, Clean Emission Module designed to manage itself so you can concentrate on your work. Experience the new industry benchmark.
Intelligent Power Management
Power on Demand
Standard Power Mode
- Saves up to 10% fuel compared to K Series Cat loader.
- Delivers equal performance compared to K Series Cat Loader.
- Reduces cab sound levels down to a whisper quiet 64 dB(A) typical.
- Biggest gains seen during load and carry, snow removal and roading applications.
Performance Power Mode
- Enabled at the push of a button (HP+).
- Boosts engine power by up to 10% and engine speed by over 12%.
- Increases hydraulic cycle times and productivity.
Six Cylinders of Efficient Power
- No downtime for regeneration with a passive low temperature system that keeps you on the job.
- Fit for Life Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that is designed to exceed the engine overhaul life.
- Extended fluid fill intervals with minimal use of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) also referred to as Adblue™ with an average of four fuel tank fills per DEF fill.
- Configurable auto idle shut down based on time and ambient temperature to further reduce fuel burn and keep operating costs low.
- Spark arrestor performance as standard – Meets performance requirements of EN 1834-1.2000 (section 6.4.2 Visual Test).
Power to the Ground
Optimized Z-bar Linkage
- Perfect Parallelism functionality available in Fork Mode gives truly predictable performance while high tilt forces throughout the working range help you safely and confidently handle loads with precise control.
- Visibility to bucket corners and fork tips at ground level remain excellent while sight lines at maximum lift are improved with a Generation II lift arm design.
- Lift higher and reach further with optional High Lift linkage available on all three models.
Quick Loading Performance Series Buckets
Smooth and Predictable Multi-Function Performance
- Multi-Function without compromise through dedicated hydraulic systems featuring one pump for the Intelligent Hydrostatic drive, a 2nd pump for the implements, and a 3rd pump for the steering system. Drive, Lift and Steer simultaneously with smooth predictable control. The M Series simply does what you ask it to.
- Programmable in-cab kick-outs are easy to set on the go for tilt, lower and lift. This feature is ideal for applications where the work cycle is repeatable, allowing you to quickly return to programmed set points such as ground and level.
- Fine tune hydro-mechanical performance with fully adjustable 3rd and 4th function flow through the secondary display (when equipped) for a perfect marriage between machine and work tool.
Have a Seat and Experience:
- Seat-mounted controls featuring a low effort joystick for lift and tilt functions along with integrated Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch, differential lock trigger and optional third and fourth auxiliary functions.
- Superior all around visibility with single piece front windshield, new parabolic external mirrors, redesigned Generation II linkage and clean hydraulic lines routing.
- Automatic climate control with heated rear glass and external mirrors for a quick defrost.
- Fully adjustable controls including steering column, joystick and seat suspension.
- Information at a glance with large primary LCD display and optional full color touch screen display.
- An extra eye on the job site with optional integrated rear object detection and optional* rearview camera.
- A heated and cooled seat option for added comfort in a wide range of climates.
Enjoy coming to work with:
- A spacious, safe, quiet operator environment featuring ergonomic controls, seat belt notification and optional bluetooth radio with integrated microphone plus an MP3 port.
- Easy access to vital machine parameters with the optional* secondary display that works in conjunction with the standard soft touch panel to allow real time adjustments to machine features and an integrated help button with over 25 languages.
- Comfortable soft stops at cylinder end stroke conditions and programmed kick-out points with Caterpillar's exclusive electro-hydraulic cylinder snubbing.
- An even smoother ride with optional Ride Control when working unloaded and loaded with excellent material retention.
- Early starts and late finishes are made easier with optional LED lighting package that includes engine compartment lighting to illuminate the way for checking oil and coolant level, along with re-fueling the machine in dark conditions.
Flexible Power Train
- Select your Power Train Mode:
– Torque Converter (TC) for smooth rollout.
– Hystat for aggressive engine braking.
– Ice to maximize control on snow and ice.
– Default blends the best of Hystat and Torque Converter characteristic.
- Reduce tire wear using Rimpull control which enables you to match available tractive power to underfoot conditions.
- Fine tune ground speed when using work tools such as brooms, snow blowers and brush cutters with Creeper Control.
- Set Directional Shift Response, soft and smooth for material handling applications or sharp for aggressive operation.
Adjustable Electro-Hydraulic Controls
- Optimize hydraulic modulation with Fine Mode control when working with forks, material handling arms, and large tools.
- Quicker hydraulic response for fine grading at speed and agriculture applications through Lift and Tilt response settings.
- Fully adjustable ride control activation speed along with 3rd and 4th function auxiliary flows.
Operator Profiles and Coded Start
- The M Series Wheel Loaders will remember you and your personal settings with unique operator codes to make this machine truly yours and keep it secure.
The Way You Want It
- Tilt cylinder
- Fender deflectors
- Drive shaft
- Steering cylinders
- Side power train
- Lower power train
- Crank case
- Rear radiator
- Reversing fan
- Sealed alternator
- Turbine precleaner
- RESPA precleaner
- Full range of attachments
- Seat, deluxe or premium
- Deluxe cab (with touch screen display)
- High lift linkage
- Coupler: Fusion™ and ISO 23727
- Auxiliary hydraulics: 3rd and 4th
- Window washing access
- Ride control
- Fenders: extended and full coverage
- Cold start package
- Rear object detection
- Blue Angel certification
- LED auxiliary lights
- CPM – Cat Production Measurement
- TPM – Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Product Link™ PRO standard with optional subscription to VisionLink®.
- Maintenance reminders through secondary display at scheduled intervals.
- Fit for Life Diesel Particulate Filter that is designed to exceed the engine overhaul life.
- Quick fuel filter service with Caterpillar's exclusive electric fuel priming pump.
- Jump start studs as standard equipment.
- Extended cleanouts with single plane cooling system and wide spaced 6 fins per inch coolers as standard.
- Integrated Autolube (optional) with adjustable greasing frequency.
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
- Axle seal guards
- Auto idle shut down feature
- Cat C7.1 ACERT engine
– Power Modes (Standard and Performance)
– Power by Range (High Power in Range 4)
– Turbocharged and aftercooled
– Diesel particulate filter (Fit for Life)
- Coolant protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Differential lock in front axle
- Dry type air cleaner
- Enclosed wet disc full hydraulic brakes
- Fuel priming pump, automatic
- Fuel water separator
- Hydraulically driven demand cooling fan
- Intelligent hydrostatic transmission
– Power train modes
– Directional shift aggressiveness
– Rimpull control, adjust wheel torque
– Creeper control, adjust ground speed
- Lubed for life driveshafts
- Parking brake, electric
- Wide spaced 6 fins per inch cooling package
- S·O·SSM sampling ports
- Throttle lock and maximum speed limiter
- Automatic lift, lower and tilt kickouts
- Bucket and Fork Modes, adjustable in-cab
- Cylinder damping at kickout and end stops
- Fine Mode control in Fork Mode
- Hydraulic Response setting
- Load sensing hydraulics and steering
- Seat-mounted hydraulic joystick controls
- Alternator, 115-amp, heavy duty
- 12V power supply in cab (2)
- Batteries, 1,000 CCA (2) 24 volt system
- Back-up alarm
- Emergency shutdown switch
- Heavy duty gear reduction starter
- Product Link PRO with subscription
- Remote jump start post
- Resettable critical function breakers
- 75 mm (3 in) retractable seat belt, with audible alarm and indicator
- Automatic temperature control
- Cab, enclosed and pressurized
- Cup holders
- External heated mirrors with lower parabolic
- Ground level cab door release
– Digital hour, odometer, tachometer, ground speed and direction indicator
– Engine coolant temperature gauge
– Fuel and Diesel Exhaust Fluid level
– Hydraulic oil temperature gauge
- Hydraulic control lockout
- Interior cab lighting, door and dome
- Interior rearview mirrors (2)
- Lunch box storage
- Operator warning system indicators
- Radio ready speakers
- Rear window defrost, electric
- Seat-mounted controls, adjustable
- Sliding glass on the side windows
- Column mounted multi function control – lights, wipers, turn signal
- Suspension seat, fabric
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Wet arm wiper/washer, front and rear
- Large-access enclosure doors
- Parallel lift loader linkage
- Recovery hitch with pin
- Remote mounted lubrication points
- Lockable compartments and enclosures
- Antifreeze/coolant, extended-life
- Auto lube, integrated in secondary display
- Auxiliary flow, third and fourth function
- Axles, differential, limited slip, rear
- Beacon light, strobe
- Cab, deluxe (standard in Europe):
– Automatic blower control
– Electrically adjustable heated mirrors (2)
– LED interior lighting
– Touchscreen secondary display
- Ride control adjustable speed activation
- Preventative maintenance reminders
- Integrated help function (26 languages)
- Sunscreen, front and rear
- Camera, rearview (standard in Europe)
- Cold start package:
– Ether starting aid, block heater and additional batteries, 1,000 CCA (4 total)
- Counterweight, (heavy and logger)
- Coupler, (Fusion and ISO 23727)
- Debris packages (low, medium, high)
- Fenders (extended cover and full coverage)
– Power train, (lower, side, driveshaft and crankcase)
– Windshield and lights
– Cylinders, tilt and steering
– Rear radiator, heavy duty
- Linkage, high lift
- Lights, auxiliary, halogen or LED with engine compartment lights
- Payload Technology
– Cat Production Measurement (CPM)
– CPM Printer
- Rear Object Detection
- Radio packages:
– Radio ready with Bluetooth
– Radio, AM/FM with Bluetooth and clock
– Radio, AM/FM with CD player deluxe, weatherband, Bluetooth and clock
– Deluxe seat – fully adjustable fabric air suspension seat with mid seat backrest
– Premium seat – fully adjustable leather and fabric air suspension with high backrest and air lumbar support. Heated and cooled bottom cushion and backrest.
– Dual mode and Secondary
– Bias ply, 17.5, 20.5-25, Skidder
– Radial, 17.5, 20.5, 23.5, 550/65, 600/65, 650/65 R25
– Solid tires, 620/65, 750/65 Agriculture
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM)
- Work tools
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225