The Cat 906M Compact Wheel Loader delivers high performance with outstanding versatility. On-the-go operator tuned hydraulics and drive train adjust the machine's response to the task at hand. Low sound levels, large spacious cab and intuitive controls keep you working comfortably all day long.
- 0.9 m3 (1.2 yd3) operating capacity
- Great for rental fleets
- Low height over cab
- 18" rim size
Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader
- Parallel lift and high tilt forces throughout the working range help you safely and confidently handle loads with precise control.
- Linkage features excellent visibility to the bucket cutting edge and fork tips.
Best Seat on the Job Site
- Low effort, responsive joystick includes integrated Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch, differential lock and continuous flow triggers along with proportional, third function auxiliary hydraulics.
- Easy access to the cab with ergonomically placed grab rails, steps and large platform.
- Low sound levels.
- Superior visibility to the work tool due to the wide windshield and Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader.
- Optional air conditioning with defrost/demist.
- Optional heated, air suspension seat with lumbar and seat back tilt adjustment.
Easy to Use Instrument Panel and Display
- New soft touch keypad on the right hand console contains new electronic functions and settings including Implement Modulation, Hystat Aggressiveness, Ride Control, Return To Dig, Engine Speed Control and Rimpull Control.
- LCD read out for: travel speed, engine speed, speed range selection, hydraulic oil temperature, service hour meter, engine coolant temperature, and fuel level.
- Indicators: diesel particulate filter, starting aid, engine, electrical, parking brake, directional turn signals, brakes, high beams, action required notice, continuous flow, hydraulic filter bypass, bucket float, creeper, directional F/N/R.
Intelligent Power Management
- The Cat C3.3B Tier 4 Final/Stage IIIB uses an active regeneration system which requires no operator interaction under normal conditions.
- Automatic, electronic, self-priming fuel pump encourages good maintenance practice. At the service interval, simply install a clean, dry filter element and then turn the ignition key to ON.
- The easily accessible diesel particulate filter has a minimum 3,000 hour cleaning service interval. The on-board monitor will advise when diesel ash cleaning service is needed.
- Focused on fuel efficiency, significantly reducing owning and operating costs.
- The Hystat Aggressiveness feature allows the operator to increase the directional shift responsiveness for faster loading cycles, or adjust for finer control for sensitive tasks such as moving heavy pallets.
- Rimpull Control feature enables the operator to match available tractive power to underfoot conditions, helping reduce tire wear.
- Creeper Control precisely adjusts the machine ground speed when using work tools such as brooms and snow blowers.
- Electronic Engine Speed Control feature allows you to maintain constant engine RPM regardless of travel speed.
- Thus, pairing Creeper Control and Engine Speed Control, the operator can easily control the hydraulic power going to the work tool, while optimizing ground speed for best operation.
- Three speed ranges ensure maximum controllability for any task.
Axles, Brakes and Inching Function
- Fully locking front and rear differential axles are standard and can be engaged at full torque on-the-go below 6 km/h (4 mph), with a button on the joystick.
- The enhanced modulation of the inching function utilizes the first half of brake pedal engagement to hydrostatically decelerate without any wear on the braking system.
- The brake system includes independent service brakes on the front and rear axles. The parking brake is mechanically activated and released with a hand lever next to the operator's seat.
Horizontal Pin Coupler – A
Horizontal Pin Coupler – ISO
Skid Steer Loader Coupler
- The new electronic joystick operation is finely tuned for smooth operation, yet fast cycle times.
- The Implement Modulation feature provides three settings for faster, more responsive hydraulics for repetitive tasks like truck loading. Or, this feature can adjust for smoother hydraulics needed with heavy fork loads or more restrictive areas.
- An electronic Return To Dig feature levels the bucket as the loader comes down after dumping. This speeds cycle times by letting the operator focus on the next dig point rather than setting the bucket position.
- The third function auxiliary hydraulics can be set for Continuous Flow when using hydro-mechanical work tools.
- Ride Control is available to smooth the ride, keep the tires in contact with the ground and maximize material retention.
The Right Tool for the Job
Work Tools for Cat Horizontal Pin Coupler
Work Tools for Cat Skid Steer Loader Coupler
Auxiliary Lines and Connectors
Heavy Duty Axles
Configure the Machine the Way You Want It
- Coupler Options
- Turbine Precleaner
- Road and Load Options
- Additional Lights
- Air Conditioning
- Machine Security
- Flexport™ Tires
- Windshield Guard
- High Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics
- ECO Drains
- Work Tool Electrical Harness
- Product Link™
- Remote mounted fuel and hydraulic filters.
- Convenient access door for coolant fill.
- Caterpillar electric fuel priming pump for ease of service.
- Easy access to battery terminals for jump starts.
- Ground level access to all routine maintenance items.
- Easy access to hydraulic and engine coolers, which can be separated for quick cleanout.
- Product Link™ ready (standard).
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
- 100% differential lock on both axles, selectable on the move
- 18° frame oscillation, 78° articulation
- Demand based cooling fan
- Hydrostatic drive
- Loader arm float function
- Parallel lift Z-bar loader
- Proportional auxiliary hydraulic circuit
- Transmission, 20 km/h (12.4 mph) with heavy duty axles
- Transmission inching function
- Cat C3.3B DIT Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IIIB or Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIA engine
- Cat extended life coolant
- Closed circuit breather
- Easy quick release fuel filter/water separator
- ECO mode
- Engine oil drain valve (non-spill ECO drain)
- Lockable engine compartments
- Two stage air cleaner with visual indicator
- Alternator 90 amp
- Battery disconnect switch
- Cab mounted fuse panel
- Engine cold starter aid
- Heavy duty battery, 12V
- Service point connector for electronic diagnosis (Cat Electronic Technician™)
- Reversing alarm
- E-coat paint primer
- Pressure test points
- Recovery hitch and pin
- Scheduled Oil Sampling S·O·SSM ports
- Adjustable internal mirror
- Adjustable wrist rest
- Auxiliary power sockets
- Coat hook
- Cup holder
- Digital service hour meter
- Easy clean cab floor
- Gauges: fuel hydraulic temperature, coolant temperature, speedometer
- Multifunction joystick with direction control
- On board digital display cluster
- Operator station on isolation mounts
- Retractable seat belt
- ROPS and FOPS certified canopy/cab
- Sound suppression
- Sun visor
- Suspended brake/accelerator pedals
- Suspension seat
- Two external knock back mirrors
- Warning indicators for major systems
- Warnings: master, park brake, hydraulic oil pressure, engine oil pressure, coolant temp, electrical system, hydraulic filter bypass
- Adjustable speed control (creeper control)
- Adjustable high stat response settings
- Electronic throttle lock
- Ride control
- Rimpull control
- Speeder, 35 km/h (21.7 mph) with secondary steering
- Engine block heater 120V
- Precleaner for engine air filter
- Machine Security System (MSS)
- Magnetic rotating beacon
- Working lights, two front and two rear
- Work tool wiring harness
- Custom color
- Rear light guards
- Tire options including heavy duty tires
- Cat extended life coolant (–50° C/–58° F)
- Adjustable implement modulation
- High flow auxiliary hydraulics with pressure relieving quick disconnect manifold
- Load check valves
- Return To Dig tool positioner
- For all work tool options, consult your local Cat dealer
- Air conditioning
- Cabin light
- Cat Radio/CD/MP3/WMA/AUX
- Comfort cab includes: cloth suspension seat, heated rear window, sliding left window and radio ready)
- Deluxe cab includes: Comfort cab options plus heated cloth air suspension seat with lumbar support and right sliding window
- Heated rear window (enclosed cab)
- Heater with window side and feet vents (enclosed cab)
- Radio ready kit including speakers (enclosed cab)
- Rear blind
- Two doors (enclosed cab)
- Wiper/washer front and rear (enclosed cab)
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225