Cat Wheel Dozers are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. Engineered for your demanding work in large dozing applications, the 854K Wheel Dozer is the largest in the Cat Wheel Dozer line and is an ideal match for large mining operations, power generating utilities, the general contracting industry and wherever mobility, versatility and compaction is needed.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Castings in the engine end frame are used in high stress areas to spread high loads.
- Cast axle pivot mounting areas better disperse stress loads for increased structural integrity.
- 90 percent of the machine structure is robotically welded to provide highly consistent welds and increased strength.
- Full box-section frames absorb torsional forces during dozing, maintaining alignment for hitch pins and drive line.
- Spread hitch design features double tapered roller bearings and hardened pins that resist both horizontal and vertical loads.
- Enhance strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
Push Beam and Push Arm Dozer Arrangement
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C32 ACERT Engine
- On-demand performance through the use of turbochargers and aftercoolers.
- High Torque Rise – 33% torque rise ensures high lugging forces during dozing.
- Extended engine life through lower rpm ratings.
- Quick engine response through the use of electronic engine controls.
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final rating available for highly regulated regions.
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
- Three different speeds: Standard, Fine and Fast.
- Easily configured through the advisor display.
- Only affects blade raise and lower functions.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees of steering articulation.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
- Lift/tilt case drain filters.
- Lift/tilt high pressure screens.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Steering high pressure screens.
- Hydraulic case drain filters.
- Front pump drive lube filter.
- Front and rear brake oil screens.
Entry and Exit
- Two side access points.
- Fold up STIC steer/arm rest.
- Reduced access stairway angles.
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 71 dB(A).
- Easy-to-view Advisor Display features a large screen.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
- Store up to 10 separate operator profiles through Advisor.
- Decrease setup time between operators by recalling personalized screen layouts.
Terrain for Loading
- Wider stairs with reduced stair angles provide a safe means for operators getting on and off the 854K.
- Walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress access.
- Optional pull-down window shade and optional heated mirrors ensure extended visibility for safe operation.
- Cat Detect with Object Detection System (rearview camera and radar) or Vision (rearview camera) option increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard HID lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Low vibrations to the operator with viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Operator training seat facilitates safe new operator training.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat and operator training seat.
Powered Access System
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise lower platform from cab level or ground.
- Occupants can quickly exit with a conveniently located emergency release valve if the loader becomes inoperable.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 854K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free or extended maintenance batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 854K is one of the most rebuilt products. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- High strength, pressed rib construction.
- Large Cat Track-Type Tractor bolt on cutting edges and bottom wear plates.
- Optimized widths and capacities for excellent dozing and rolling characteristics.
- Hardox 400 Liner plate and side plates
- Additional reinforcements on the bottom of the blade
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator (150-amp)
- Batteries, low maintenance
- Deutsch & Amp Seal terminal connectors
- ECM diagnostic connector
- Ground level electrical disconnect
- Ground level starting receptacle for emergency start
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting and charging system (24-volt)
- Advisor display
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature control
- Cab, sound suppressed, pressurized, rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS) Radio ready for (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers, and 1 × 12V converters (24-volt, 10 amp) for use with laptop/cell phone
- Cigar lighter and ashtray
- Coat hook
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift control system locks
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Implement and steering lockouts
- VIMS 3G monitoring system:
– Action alert system, three category
– Instrumentation, gauges:
· Engine Coolant Temperature
· Fuel Level
· Hydraulic Oil Temperature
· Transmission Gear Indicator
· Transmission Oil Temperature
- Light, dome (cab)
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Seat belt, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide operator and trainer seats
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- STIC control system
- Tinted glass
- Wet-arm wipers/washer (front, rear, and corners), intermittent front wipers
- Air-to-Air After cooler (ATAAC)
- Auto Idle Kickdown
- Axle oil coolers (front and rear)
- Brakes, fully hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes and dry parking/secondary brake
- Case drain filters
- Delayed Engine Shutdown
- Demand fan
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Engine, Cat C32 ACERT
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Ground level fast fill fuel
- Ground level transmission lockout
- Ground level starter lockout
- Idle Engine Shutdown
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Next Generation Modular Radiator (NGMR)
- Starting aid (ether), automatic
- Throttle lock
- Transmission, 533 mm (21 in) planetary, powershift with 3F/3R, electronic control
- Venturi Exhaust Stacks
- Automatic bucket lift/tilt kickouts, electronically adjustable from cab
- Bumper service center
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seals
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Emergency platform egress
- Fenders, steel (front and rear)
- Grouped hydraulic pressure ports
- Guards, power train and crankcase
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™ and XT-ES
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Impeller clutch
- Implement and steering ecology drains
- Mufflers, under hood
- Oil sampling valves
- Piston pump case drain filters
- Electro-hydraulic blade controls
- Product Link™
- Service center with ground level electrical and fluids service center
- Sight gauges:
– Coolant level
– Implement oil level
– Steering oil level
– Transmission oil level
- Starter lockout, bumper
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Transmission lockout, bumper
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Windshield cleaning platforms
- Venturi Stack
- A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section. Base machine price includes a tire allowance.
- Premixed 50 percent concentration of extended life coolant with freeze protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Semi-U – 25.4 m³ (33.1 yd³)
- HD Semi-U – 25.4 m³ (33.1 yd³)
- Coal – 44.7 m³ (58.2 yd³)
- 10A converter
- HID lights
- Object Detection
- Rear vision camera
- LED strobe warning beacons
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- Cab precleaner
- Sirius/USB/Bluetooth Radio
- Sun Screen
- Engine coolant 120V heater
- Engine coolant 240V heater
- CAES attachment ready option
- Arctic Antifreeze for protection to –50° C (–58° F)
- Diagnostic lines
- Roading fenders
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225