Cat Wheel Dozers are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to support your job site efficiently and safely while lowering owning and operating costs. Introduced in the mid-1960's, the 834 has been the industry leader for almost 50 years. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series. The 834K continues our legacy of reliability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability, and efficiency.
Cat C18 ACERT Engine
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC)
- Reduced tire wear
- Enables full throttle shifts for faster cycle times
- Provides smooth approach to the dump target for less spillage and faster cycle times.
Cat Torque Converter with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Reduces cycle times in load and carry operations
Improved Hydraulic Efficiency
- New flow sharing implement and steering variable displacement load sensing piston pumps.
- Hydraulic flow now on demand, for improved fuel efficiency.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame.
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity.
- Lower hitch pin, frame plate, and bearing size have been increased for longer life.
Robust Structures Design
- Push beams are through-width, not merely attached to side of frame.
- In corner dozing, stresses are transferred and absorbed through a larger portion of the frame.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Four forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C18 ACERT Engine
- Optimized performance and quick engine response with an electronic control module.
- Reliable efficiency with complete control over injection timing, duration and pressure with Mechanically Actuated Electronic Unit Injection (MEUI™).
- Extended engine life and improved fuel efficiency with reduced rated speed.
- Designed to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV Technology, Tier 3 Equivalent, Tier 2 Equivalent emission standards.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Entry and Exit
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest.
- Reduced angles on access stairways.
- Standard stairway lighting.
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators.
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification.
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake.
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 71 dB(A).
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box.
Cat Product Link™
- Easy-to-view graphical information display features a large touch screen interface.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
Terrain for Loading
- Left and right hand stairs with 45 degree angle enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 834K.
- Continuous walkway with non-skid surfaces are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional heated mirrors ensure enhanced visibility for safe operation.
- Standard Cat Vision or optional Cat Detect with radar increase operator awareness around the machine.
- Optional HID or LED lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Optional cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat.
- Engine Idle Shutdown and Auto Idle Kickdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste generation with our maintenance free batteries.
- The 834K is built for multiple lives. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- Capacities and widths are set to achieve increased productivity.
- Spreading design allows for spreading of cover material, as well as dozing of heavier loads.
Other Available Options
- Positive Flow Control Hydraulics - Provides only the hydraulic flow required by the implement and steering systems for improved fuel efficiency and greater rimpull.
- ACERT Engine - Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lock-up Torque Converter - Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) - All new APECS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points. Machine configuration, operator technique, and job site layout can impact fuel consumption.
- Machine Configuration - Select the correct work tool and tire type based on machine application. Ensure proper inflation pressures.
- Idle - Set the parking brake to engage Engine Idle Management System.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 834K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Ground level access to transmission control valves.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator (100 amp)
- Batteries, maintenance-free
- Deutsch terminal connectors
- Electrical system (24V)
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear), access stairway
- Starter, electric (heavy-duty)
- Starting receptacle for emergency starts
- Cab precleaner
- Air conditioner
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- Cab, sound suppressed and pressurized
- Satellite Sirius radio with Bluetooth
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS), radio ready (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers and converter (12V, 15 amp), 12V power port, tinted glass
- LED warning strobe
- Cigar lighter (12V, 15 amp) and ashtray
- Coat hook
- CB radio ready
- Electro-Hydraulic tilt, tip controls
- Window pull down visor
- Heater and defroster
- Sound suppression
- Horn, electric
- Visor group - cab pull-down shade
- Cat Detect (rear object detection)
- Light, cab (dome)
- Lock-up clutch disable switch
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Monitoring system (VIMS 3G)
- Action alert system, three category
- Instrumentation, gauges: - Engine coolant temperature - Fuel level - Hydraulic oil temperature - Speedometer/tachometer - Transmission oil temperature - Instrumentation, warning indicators - Axle/brake oil temperature (front/rear) - Brake oil pressure - Electrical system, low voltage - Engine intake/combustion air temperature - Engine oil pressure - Engine overspeed - Fuel pressure - Hydraulic oil filter status - Parking brake status - Transmission filter status - Cat Vision (rear vision camera)
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Rimpull select switch
- Seat, Comfort Series (cloth), air suspension
- Seat belt, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with steering lock
- Tilt and lift control system lock
- Transmission gear indicator
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Intermittent front wiper
- -50° C (-58° F) antifreeze
- Engine oil change system, high speed, Wiggins
- Engine block heater 120V or 240V
- Engine compression brake
- Automatic retarding control (with engine compression brake)
- Axle oil cooler
- Second starter
- Crankcase guards
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet-disc
- Multiple disc service brakes
- Case drain filters
- Demand fan
- Engine, Cat C18 MEUI with ACERT Technology, ATAAC, ADEM™ IV controller
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Parking brake
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Radiator, Next Generation Modular
- Radiator (NGMR)
- Separated cooling system
- Starting aid (ether) automatic
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter, impeller clutch with lock-up control system and rimpull control system (switch and dial in cab)
- Transmission, planetary, autoshift (4F/3R)
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CH-4 oil
- Grouped Electronic Clutch Pressure
- Control, remote mounted pressure taps
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hood, metallic with lockable service doors
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Muffler (under hood)
- Oil sampling valves
- Stairway, left side (rear access)
- Steering, load sensing
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section - base machine price includes a tire allowance
- Premixed 50 percent concentration of Extended Life Coolant with freeze protection to -34° C (-29° F)
- Front and rear roading fenders
- Fast fill fuel system (Shaw-Aero)
- Cat Detect
- Halogen and HID lights
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225