Home :Products :Cat Machines, Work Tools and Attachments :New Cat Machines :Off-Highway Trucks :785G (Tier 4)
785G (TIER 4)
Engine Model Cat 3512E HD
Gross Power - SAE J1995 1600 HP
Bore 6.7 in
Stroke 8.5 in
Displacement 3573 in³
Gross Power - SAE J1995:2014 1600 HP
Note (1) Power rating conditions: – At 1,650 rpm rated speed based on SAE J1995:2014 standard air inlet conditions of 25° C (77° F) and 99 kPa (29.31 in Hg) dry barometric pressure. – Based on fuel of 35° API gravity (at 15.6° C or 60° F) having a LHV of 42 780 kJ/kg (18,390 Btu/lb) when used at 29° C (84.2° F).
Note (2) No engine derating required up to 2987 m (9800 ft) altitude per standard conditions.
Weights - Approximate
Body Weight Range 21 275 kg-30 623 kg (46,903 lb-67,512 lb)
Empty Operating Chassis Weight 186661 lb
Nominal Payload Capacity 146 ton (US)
Gross Machine Operating Weight (GMW) (33R51 tires) 550000 lb
Gross Machine Operating Weight (GMW) (36R51 tires) 564000 lb
Nominal Payload Capacity (33.00R51 tires)* 146 ton (US)
Nominal Payload Capacity (36.00R51 tires)* 148 ton (US)
Note (1) GMW depends on tire selection. Consult your tire manufacturer for maximum loaded top speed.
Forward - 1 7.5 mile/h
Forward - 2 10.2 mile/h
Forward - 3 13.8 mile/h
Forward - 4 18.6 mile/h
Forward - 5 25.2 mile/h
Forward - 6 34 mile/h
Reverse 6.8 mile/h
Cylinder Stroke - Front 12.6 in
Cylinder Stroke - Rear 6.5 in
Body Lower Time - Float High Idle 15.9 s
Body Lower Time - Float Low Idle 16.2 s
Body Power Down- High Idle 15.9 s
Body Raise Time - High Idle 15.2 s
Note (1) Twin, two-stage hydraulic cylinder mounted outside main frame; double-acting cylinders in second stage.
Brake Surface - Front 9487 in²
Brake Surface - Rear 13908 in²
Note Oil cooled four corner hydraulic actuated disc brakes.
Standards ISO 3450:2011
Weight Distributions - Approximate
Front Axle - Empty 48%
Front Axle - Loaded - Target 33%
Rear Axle - Empty 52%
Rear Axle - Loaded - Target 67%
Service Refill Capacities
Cooling System 100 gal (US)
Steering Tank 29 gal (US)
Brake Hoist System - Includes Tank 160 gal (US)
Brake/Hydraulic Tank 135 gal (US)
DEF Tank 36 gal (US)
Differential - Final Drives 139 gal (US)
Engine Crankcase 54 gal (US)
Fuel Tank 410 gal (US)
Steering System - Includes Tank 45 gal (US)
ROPS Standards ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) for cab offered by Caterpillar meets ISO 3471:2008 ROPS and ISO 13459:2012 criteria.
Cooling Fan Drive - Direct Drive - Operator Sound Level (ISO 6396:2008) 77 dB(A)
Steering Standards ISO 5010:2007
Note (1) Body weight only. Does not include liners.
Note (2) Contact your local Cat dealer for site specific body recommendations.
Standard Dual Slope Volume (SAE 2:1) 102 yd³
Standard Dual Slope Weight 51892 lb
Standard MSD Volume (SAE 2:1) 130 yd³
Standard MSD Weight 46711 lb
Note (2) Power raise in both stages; power down in second stage.
Note (3) Automatic body lower modulation reduces impact on frame.
Dimensions (All dimensions are approximate. MSD II Body, 33R51 tires, unloaded machine.)
Centerline Front Tire Width 15.91 ft
Centerline of Rear Dual Tire Width 14.06 ft
Dump Clearance 3.7 ft
Engine Guard Clearance 3.41 ft
Front Canopy Height 19.8 ft
Ground Clearance 3.29 ft
Height - Top of ROPS 17.09 ft
Inside Body Depth - Maximum 9.15 ft
Inside Body Length 27.29 ft
Inside Body Width 19.72 ft
Loading Height - Empty 17.39 ft
Operating Width 24.72 ft
Outside Body Width 22 ft
Overall Body Length 39.32 ft
Overall Canopy Width 24.81 ft
Overall Height - Body Raised 39.48 ft
Overall Length 39.23 ft
Overall Tire Width 20.59 ft
Rear Axle - Clearance 3.25 ft
Rear Axle - Tail 12.56 ft
Rear Sidewall Height 2.87 ft
Wheel Base 17 ft
Emissions Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emissions standards.
Note (3) Selectable 1,450 hp configuration.
Note (2) Refer to the Cat Mining Truck 10/10/20 Overload Policy (AEXQ0250) for maximum gross machine weight limitations.
Note (3) *Includes standard liners and MSD II (Mine Specific Design) body.
FOPS Standards FOPS (Falling Objects Protective Structure) meets ISO 3449:2005 and ISO 13459:2012 Level II criteria.
Service Refill Capacities
Note (1) Separate steering system and separate torque converter/transmission system prevents cross contamination.
Note (2) Contact your local Cat dealer for DEF infrastructure recommendations.
Torque Converter - Transmission System - Including Sump 46 gal (US)
Cooling Fan Drive - Direct Drive - Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395:2008) 121 dB(A)
Cooling Fan Drive - Optional Clutch - Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395:2008) 120 dB(A)
Cooling Fan Drive - Optional Clutch - Operator Sound Level (ISO 6396:2008) 75 dB(A)
Note (1) Testing done per specified standard work cycle procedures and conditions with 50% HVAC blower fan speed. Optional clutch control fan measurement done at 70% of maximum engine cooling fan speed.
Note (2) Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station/cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in a noisy environment.
Machine Clearance Diameter - ISO 7457:1997 (33.00R51 tires) 108.92 ft
Steering Angle 36 degrees
Turning Diameter - ISO 7457:1997 (33.00R51 tires) 97.75 ft
Note (1) Productive capabilities of the 785G truck are such that, under certain job conditions, TKPH (TMPH) capabilities could be exceeded and, therefore, limit production.
Note (2) Caterpillar recommends the customer evaluate all job conditions and consult the tire manufacturer for proper tire selection.
Optional Tire 36.00R51 (Michelin and Bridgestone)
Standard Tire 33.00R51 (E3 and E4)
Note Maximum travel speeds with standard 33.00-R51 tires.
Total Final Drive Reduction Ratio 22.75:1
Weights - Approximate
Note (1) Chassis weight includes standard mandatory attachments, 33R51 tires, all operating fluid levels full and 100% fuel.
Note (2) Estimated weight of debris is not included in operating chassis weight.
Note (3) Body weight varies depending on body selection and configuration.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
The 785G 3512E HD engine gives you the choice of power ratings: 1,450 hp to match your current fleet performance or 1,600 hp for faster cycle times. Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy for Transmission delivers a smoother ride, better acceleration and gear optimization.
Standard Cat® Detect system, LED lighting, 600 mm (24 in) wide walkways, guarding of rotating components and hydraulic brake system with enhanced traction control system. Optional Working at Heights and Powered Access stairway.
Modular HVAC system, modular radiator, improved ground level serviceability, oil sight glass, 1,000 hour hydraulic filter, and Tier 4 SCR system improves serviceability and reduces downtime.
New, quieter and larger, ergonomic deluxe cab. Electronic transmission controls and Cat comfort seats provides a smoother ride. Full size trainer door and improved head clearance on platform.
Improved 3512E HD engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards, and the features Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system that provides the least Total Fluid Consumption cost with greater reliability.
With 36R51 tire option, particularly flat long haul high speed applications can take advantage of higher payload and higher TKPH.
- 33R51 power train with standard rims
- Cat 3512E high displacement Tier 4 Final engine and aftertreatment
- Automatic engine and DEF thermal management
- Automatic low voltage idle management
- Air cleaner with precleaner (two)
- Turbocharging (four) with air-to-air aftercooler
- Mechanical Electronic Unit Injector (MEUI™-A) fuel system
- Automatic starter protection
- Automatic ether starting aid
- Hydraulic braking system:
- Automatic retarder control, adjustable
- Oil-cooled, multi-disc (front and rear)
– Service, retarding, parking, secondary
- Anti roll back strategy
- Engine over speed protection
- Park brake integrated with gear selector
- Brake release motor (towing)
- Extended life brake disc material
- Six-speed, automatic power shift with Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS)
- Body-up reverse neutralizer
- Body-up shift inhibitor
- Downshift/reverse shift inhibitor
- Directional shift management
- Enhanced Traction Control System
- Programmable top gear
- Oil level sensor
- Neutral coast inhibitor
- Neutral start switch
- Lock-up torque converter
- Rear axle continuous lubrication/filtration
- Jump start/battery charge receptacle
- Ground accessible power control box
– Ethernet VIMS™ port and VIMS™ lamp
– Engine starter, transmission and battery lockouts
- Brushless alternator, 225 amp
- Alarm, backup
- 24V electrical system, low maintenance batteries (2) 93 amp-hour
- LED payload indicator lamps
- LED lighting system:
- Backup and hazard lights
- Curb lights, (one) RH side, (one) LH side
- Turn signals (front and rear)
- Engine compartment lights
- Headlights with low-high beam selector
- Ladder light and service deck lights
- Stop/tail lights
- Unitized hydraulic powered HVAC with automatic temperature control
- Four point seat belt for operator seat
- Power windows
- Heated mirrors, right and left
- Heated and ventilated operator seat
- Operator and trainer air suspension seats
- Storage locations for operator gear
- Provision for customer accessory mounting
- Diagnostic connection port COM3 and Ethernet
- Dome courtesy light and map lights
- Fire suppression ready
- Delayed Engine Shutdown
- Integrated object detection system with touchscreen display
- Interactive touchscreen vehicle information display
- Day/night mode
- Action alarm
- Quad gauge display
- Gauges and indicators panel:
- Critical oil and coolant temperatures
- Fuel and DEF level
- Engine system, brake and transmission fault indicators
- Speedometer, Tachometer
- Entertainment radio ready:
- Antenna (AM/FM/WB/satellite radio)
- Radio mounting provisions and 12V power supply
- Retractable front visor
- 12V auxiliary power connection
- ROPS cab, insulated/sound suppressed
- Hoist, body control (electric)
- Stairway and walkway access, 600 mm (24 in)
- Steering wheel, tiltable, telescopic
- Windshield wiper, intermittent control
- Self-filling to windshield washer fluid from AC condensate
- Extended Life Coolant, –35° C (–30° F)
- Product Link™ Elite
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Turbine air starter with air tank, air horn and automatic lubrication system
- Auxiliary “buddy” dumping quick connect
- Auxiliary steering quick connect (towing)
- Hydraulic Filters, 1,000 hours
- Guards for rotating components
- Fast fill fuel and DEF remote fill system
- Secondary steering (automatic)
- Tie off points
- Tow hooks (front) and tow pin (rear)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS)
- Auxiliary connection ‘user defined shutdown'
- Sight glasses for hydraulic oils
- S∙O∙SSM ports
- Quick change rims
- 36R51 larger tire power train arrangement
- Prelube, engine
- Rear axle cooler
- Clutch control, variable speed cooling fan
- MSD volume: 99 m3 (130 yd3)
- MSD II body: 100 m3 (131 yd3)
- Dual slope body: 78 m3 (102 yd3)
- Body specific side wall and tail extensions
- Customizable body liner packages
- Body heat exhaust
- Rock ejectors
- Rear body lighting group
- Directional signals
- Stop/tail lights
- Electronic Throttle Lock
- Digital Payload Display
- Auxiliary rear work lights, (one) RH side, (one) LH side
- No air – electric starter with 93-amp hour batteries (four), electric horn and automatic lubrication system
- Fire Suppression System – ANSUL® LVS
- Powered access stairway
- Fuel heater, fuel water separator
- Road Analysis Control (RAC)
- Cold weather start (block heater)
- Ground accessible fluid service center, hydraulic and coolant
- Bumper towing – center pin kit
- Communication Ar – Minestar™ radio
- Fire extinguisher, portable
- Hub odometer, kilometers
- Wheel chocks
- Gauge, brake wear indicator
- Five piece crankcase guards
- Working at heights protection
- Coolant, –50° C (–58° F)
CALL NOW TO LEARN MORE
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
HOW CAN WE HELP?
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK OR ASK A QUESTION