The Cat® 24 Motor Grader continues the Caterpillar tradition of being the industry leader in enabling you to build and maintain your haul roads to maximize your mine-site productivity and lower your owning and operating costs. The 24 motor grader is designed to help you get more work done in less time while keeping you safe and comfortable.
- The improved power train rebuild life, new modular design and new machine protection features can save you up to 2,400 servicing hours over the life of the machine.*
- Cat C27 ACERT™ engine, 533 mm (21 in) transmission and lower power train provide 33 percent additional machine life before needing to be rebuilt.**
- New, innovative main component modular design means they can be removed and installed quicker and easier. Transmission and cooling package can be removed up to 70 percent faster than the 24M.
- Fluid Service Center provides single location at ground level for access to engine, transmission, hydraulic oil and coolant. This feature, along with clustered filters and extended service intervals, saves you maintenance time and operating costs.
- Hoses and electrical harnesses are split at easily accessible bulkhead locations allowing your service technicians to work with smaller sections easier and faster.
- Ok-to-Start and Critically Low Fluid monitoring systems protect your machine by providing electronic verification of fluid levels and alerting you when low fluid levels are detected, protecting your machine.
- Cat C27 ACERT engine provides enhanced altitude capabilities with no derate up to 3048 m (10,000 ft) for U.S. EPA Tier 4/EU Stage IV emission standards and 4572 m (15,000 ft) for equivalent Tier 2/Stage II emissions.
- An 11 percent weight increase helps provide more traction and blade down pressure than the 24M.
- Consistent Power-to-the-Ground changes real-time engine power levels to offset cooling fan losses resulting in best performance at all times independent of ambient conditions.
- Fifteen tie-off points located around engine enclosure and cab provide secure tie off hooks protecting you and your technicians when performing service operations.
- Optional Working at Heights package adds an extra layer of safety by providing handrails and hand holds to improve access and safety.
- The 24 is a Fire Suppression-Ready machine which means you can easily install a fire suppression system to further protect your investment.
- Standard rearview camera provides better visibility from the cab to behind the machine while optional front-facing cameras provide enhanced forward and side visibility.
- Standard seat belt indicator provides visual/audible alerts when the seat belt is not in use. The 24 is pre-wired so you can easily install a beacon on top of the cab to indicate seat belt usage.
- The 24 features asset protection and performance-improving technologies including: engine overspeed/underspeed, second generation steering system, articulation eStop, ripper auto stow, implements lock out and circle angle limits, to name a few.
- Standard Cat GRADE with Cross Slope improves operator productivity and haul road quality and durability by helping maintain desired cross slope for appropriate water drainage by automatically controlling one side of the blade.
- The Cat 24 is MineStar™ ready and includes Cat Product Link™ Elite and VIMS™ to help optimize equipment management, remote monitoring capabilities, machine availability and component life while reducing both repair cost and the risk of a catastrophic failure.
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225