Delivering extremely high levels of overburden removal productivity at a low cost per tonne (ton), the Cat 8200 model dragline offers all of the innovative technology of our flagship model - the Cat 8750 - but on a mid-range size scale. Along with a lower initial capital outlay compared to larger draglines, the 8200's unique combination of technology, size, and long operating life ensures the low total cost of ownership you need for a strong return on your investment.
Tried and True AC IGBT Electric Drive System, Now on Mining Equipment's Largest Platform
Benefits over DC Machines Include:
- Superior availability – Routinely demonstrated electrical availabilities of greater than 95%. – Extended mean time between failures, and reduced mean time to repair.
- Better reliability – Less vulnerable to input voltage variation. – No filters, robust design, independent of mine network. – Full power available with voltage ±10%. – Continues to operate with reduced power with voltage –10% to –30%.
- Greater efficiency – Provide up to 10% energy savings over the life of the dragline. – AC drives have an overall efficiency of 92% vs. DC machines of 88%.
- Less maintenance – No regular maintenance is required on IGBT power control modules. Motor maintenance is reduced to greasing and replacing bearings around 30,000 hours. – Reduced maintenance resulting from lack of motor and generator brushes requiring change-out. This translates to increased machine electrical availability and reduced maintenance labor costs.
- Reduced inventory – IGBT modules are interchangeable between Active Front Ends (AFEs), inverters, motions and machines. – No brush inventory to maintain.
Motion Regulator Control (MRC)
- Sturdy, mine-grade cabinet mounted on a self supporting steel structure encloses all power and control electronics.
- AFEs, rather than rectifiers, convert AC to DC power.
- Fuseless IGBT modules in AFEs and inverter.
- Onboard maintenance computer is easy to troubleshoot, quickly identifies faults, and provides instructions to resolve issues.
- Major control and power electrics are derived from the transportation sector, allowing for high temperature ratings, shock and vibration ruggedness, and longevity of component availability.
- IP 54 enclosure – liquid cooled, heat transferred out of machinery house.
- Cabinets allow optimized cable routing.
- Cable internals organized to allow efficient access to internal components.
- Staggered Active Front Ends (AFEs) naturally cancel harmonics without filters, which makes the dragline very robust and independent of mine network configuration.
- Provides better Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) than required by IEEE 519.
High Voltage Switchgear
- Rated at 24 kV.
- Provides programmable protection and control for Auxiliary Power Transformer (APT) and Drive Power Transformer (DPT).
- Internal and key interlocking provides for safe operation.
AC Main Motion Drive Motors
- Simple, AC squirrel-cage induction motors power swing, hoist, drag and propel motions.
- Built in speed sensor that is replaceable without removal of motor from service.
Comfort infused, State-of-the-art Operator's Cab and Station
- Improved operator performance – Reduced cognitive fatigue and enhanced productivity via the intuitive and visually aesthetic display screens. – Effortless operation and improved control response resulting from new Hall Effect joysticks (patent pending), with custom-designed ergonomic handles and “finger touch control” spring tension.
- Enhanced safety – Rear ingress/egress door with no step floor prevents trip hazard, particularly in cases of emergency where rapid exit from the cab is necessary. – Superior visibility with full operator-to-boom point line of sight. – Maximum operator situational awareness via external camera system with direct feed to overhead monitors in cab. – Enhanced safety during operator training with additional emergency stop button within reach of trainer seat.
Keeping you Up and Running with Meticulous Engineered and Globally Proven Mechanical Systems
- Highly reliable swing planetary transmission and output pinion.
- Interchangeable parts across all swing drives.
- Potential for machine to operate with removal of one swing unit (typical maintenance).
- Cooler/filtration unit plumbed to each planetary gearcase. Controlled and monitored via dragline Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
- Parallel shaft gearcases, with eccentric bearing cartridges for optimal gear alignment.
- Gearing, bearings, drums, etc. are interchangeable between hoist and drag motions.
- Splash lubricated gearcases with optional filtration available.
- Leak proof inspection hatches for inspection of all gear mesh.
- Drums mounted on self aligning, anti-friction bearings.
- Motors coupled to input pinions with grid couplings to reduce impact loads.
- Heavy duty eccentric cam, driven by bull gear and parallel shaft gearbox.
- Eccentric bushing continuously monitored via RTD's. PLC will alarm and shut down machine if permissible temperatures are exceeded.
- Each side independently driven, but electrically synchronized, and monitored via dragline PLC.
- Shoe incorporates ball swivel mounting to accommodate variable ground conditions.
- Ability to propel machine up and down up to 10% grade and transverse across 5% grade.
Rugged Structures Designed and Fabricated to Withstand Your Extreme Mining Conditions
- Boom and Tri-Structures are manufactured using cold-weather, impact-resistant, high-strength steel with select welds of full penetration, profiled and ground type.
- All structural welds undergo visual inspection, with critical welds also receiving MT, UT or X-ray inspection.
- For reduced susceptibility to cracking, large furnaces are used to stress-relieve critical weldments.
- Simplifying field inspections, interiors of finished structures are painted white.
Base Frame Assembly
- Grid-Radial design to optimize load and access.
- Forged integral center pintle.
- Stress-relieved “T-section” roller path sub-weldment.
- Thick bottom plate, with abrasion resistant steel wear plates and anti-skid cleats.
Roller Circle, Rails and Racks (Gear Segment)
- Large diameter machined crowned rollers.
- Third rail eliminates flanged rollers allowing addition of more rollers extending service life significantly.
- Bias cut rail ends for smooth roller transition.
- Forged/fabricated rack segments, stress-relieved weldment, quenched and tempered teeth.
Revolving Frame Assembly
- Deep, rectangular frame structure, running full length of assembly.
- Integrated thick rail pad circumferential diaphragm sub-weldment, and UT tested.
- Thick integrated plates for support of main machinery.
- Penetrations reinforced with through thickness plates as determined per FEA.
- Over-under fairlead provides constant rope contact with sheaves.
- Sheaves interchangeable with boom and tri-structure.
- Shimless fairlead adjustment system for lower swivel.
- Rubber composite “donut” between swivels to dampen dynamics.
- Tri-structure design reduces front end weight and enables optimization with boom configurations, increasing allowable load and reach.
- Simplified wide flange beam construction, with high impact strength steel.
- Less maintenance points compared to A-frame/Mast assembly.
- Crack detection system for back legs and tri-structure head assembly monitored by the PLC to provide a warning indicator.
- Rectangular, deep cross section geometry, constructed of high strength wide flange beams.
- Pre-stretched galvanized main support ropes with equalizers. Kevlar intermediate boom support ropes.
- Pressurized apex lacings, monitored through PLC.
- Boom point sheave assembly with rope protecting swivel motion.
- Bucket capacity and style application dependent.
- Final capacity takes into account ground mass per cubic meter, soil characteristics, abrasion, and digging style.
- Bucket capabilities range from 46-61 m3 (60-80 yd3).
- Rigging configuration will be twin dump.
- Custom wear packages designed to suit a variety of soil conditions.
- Three different bucket styles available, HPS, Conventional, and Fabricated.
- Modular Dynavane assemblies decrease roof weight, easier to maintain and install.
Helping You Enhance Safety and Productivity through Technology
Cat MineStar System
- Health – Health delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data for your entire fleet. It includes comprehensive equipment health and asset monitoring capabilities, with a wide range of diagnostic, analytic and reporting tools.
- Terrain – Terrain enables high-precision management of drilling, dragline, grading and loading operations through the use of guidance technology. It increases machine productivity and provides you real-time feedback for improved efficiency.
Dragline Technology Solutions
- AccessDirect – Enables factory experts to join the local maintenance team. – Prepares maintenance personnel to arrive on site ready to fix rather than analyze the problem. – Reduces MTTR and daily maintenance efforts. – Enhances local and remote diagnostic capabilities.
- Description of AccessDirect – Electrical interface system that facilitates remote access to machine's on board computer via internet. – Permits monitoring, adjustment, resetting, and modification of electrical parameters. – Arrives with software for PLC, software for drives resident, and one server per fleet. – Features high-speed data transfer.
Dragline Model Recommendations Grounded in Analysis and Collaboration
- Specialize in analyzing mine environments and applying findings to recommendations for new draglines configured specifically to meet your productivity targets.
- Analyze existing dragline performance and apply findings to recommendations for upgrade solutions.
- Work collaboratively with you to consider factors, such as your digging environment, mine life, mine plan, and annual production targets, among others, to determine the proper dragline configuration for your mine site.
Productivity and Reliability Enhancements for Existing Cat Draglines
- Provide full mechanical component upgrades for existing draglines.
- In-house Finite Element Analysis expertise employed to ensure that replacement parts outperform the original components
- Solutions include: – Major dragline structure repair/replacement for improved reliability and productivity enhancement. – Boom modifications to optimize Rated Suspended Load (RSL), operating radius, digging depth, and dumping height. – Re-engineered components for improved performance.
- Owners of legacy draglines can reap the benefits of the latest technology, reducing operating cost, and improving machine productivity and reliability.
- Tailored solutions that address your specific needs, whether you own an AC or DC powered dragline.
- Allows electrical system to work in harmony with on-board mechanical systems.
- Solutions include: – Drive system upgrades for enhanced performance (AC and DC machines). – Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) upgrades for enhanced safety and availability. – Production Monitoring System for optimized productivity. – On-board troubleshooting and remote diagnostics for improved reliability.
Dragline Relocation and Field Assembly
- Fundamental elements of the Cat dragline portfolio.
- Offer turn-key solution of OEM dragline parts, dragline service expertise, and local resources.
- Unmatched institutional knowledge of current and legacy dragline models ensures informed upgrade recommendations, leading to more productive and reliable operations following relocation.
- Highest quality OE component rebuild services for both legacy draglines and current models in use today.
- Industry leading visibility.
- Additional visibility provided by five optimally mounted cameras and operator cab mounted overhead displays.
- Dual egress doors; rear door and level floor provide unimpeded stretcher to operator access.
- Unique three seat design accommodates operator, trainer, and maintenance person.
- Observer's seat, positioned behind operator, provides maintenance personnel with the operator's view while allowing him or her to monitor operator actions.
- Separate operator and trainer emergency stop buttons.
- Sturdy handrail mounting clamps prevent vibration induced weld cracks.
- Non-skid material on roof and shoe walkway surfaces prevent falls.
- Serrated bar grating stairs, platforms and walkways facilitate safe movement around the machine.
- Emergency stop system is hardwired dual string with safety relay.
- All operator interface controls are 24 volt.
- Arc Flash evaluation available.
- Single point of motion disable for mechanical maintenance of machine.
- Key interlocking prevents access to incoming High Voltage connection areas.
- Stored energy warning signs installed at appropriate locations reduce injuries.
- Improves personnel safety by lighting the machine during power outages.
- Provides a safe and controlled learning environment to help produce a greater skilled and safer operator.
- Easy accessibility to base via manholes inside and outside of roller circle path.
Revolving Frame Access
- Ability to move from section to section throughout all compartment spaces.
- Raised platforms for swing, brake, blower, and electrical termination maintenance.
Machinery House Accessibility
- Substantial walkways/work areas around deck-mounted machinery and electrical equipment.
- Ready accessibility to hoist and drag drums via stairs, walkways, and platforms.
Hoist/Drag Rope Clamps
- Clamps eliminate need to lift heavy components to attach rope to drum.
Dirt Chute Access
- Cleats and lanyard attachment points within dirt chute.
- Long lasting poly wear blocks are easy to remove and handle.
- Overhead cranes provide coverage to most major components.
- Safe access via walkways along the entire length of the machinery house.
Fairlead Internal Access
- Ladder rung access to lower and upper access points.
Fairlead Sheave Maintenance
- External access ladders and walkways allow for ready maintenance.
- Upper sheave removal system available.
- Walkways provide access to major service points.
- Improved access to suspension rope connections.
- Walkway system allows inspection on upper and lower lacing-chord connections.
Remote Bulk Lube Tank Fill
- Easily accessible maintenance point for lube servicing.
- Robust exterior flood lighting brackets allow for changing flood lights from walkways and platforms.
- Machinery house internal highbay lighting is accessible from boxes with quick opening hatches on top of roof.
- Boom and Tri-structure ballasts are accessible in the machinery house.
Providing You a Unified Team Unlike Any Other in the Mining Industry
- Legacy Bucyrus products, including our draglines, will continue factory direct with support from former Bucyrus employees that are now part of Caterpillar's Global Mining Division.
- Traditional Cat products will continue through Cat dealers with support from Caterpillar's Global Mining Division.
We Will Create an Unparalleled Source for Support
Maintenance and Repair Contracts
- 30+ years of experience
- Contracts tailored to each customer
- Parts planning and machine maintenance services
- Maximize value, while minimizing risk
- High degrees of customization and flexibility
- Inventory management support
Aftermarket Engineered Solutions (AES)
- The integration of current technology onto aging machines
- The application of smaller scale machine upgrades and conversion components
- The development of design to order solutions
- On-site and/or classroom training for dragline operators and mine operation supervisors.
- Aimed at developing internal training competency for your operation.
- Designed in module form to target key production issues specific to your operation.
- Trainers have years of experience with hands-on and classroom training, offering the necessary skills to implement changes on all aspects of operation, machine management, and maintenance.
- Utilizes cutting-edge technologies to improve knowledge retention, increase training efficiency, and create a safer learning environment via machine simulation.
Computer-Based Training (CBT) Modules
- Provide a cost-effective way to train employees, improve safety, and optimize machine performance.
- Offer convenient 24/7 access to training on a variety of topics ranging from safety and operation to mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Highly visual and interactive, the CBTs are short online courses on technical subjects, designed by training specialists.
Cat Dragline Sustainability
- Power Consumption – Consumes less power, produces less heat and sound, and emits fewer greenhouse gasses than other methods of overburden removal. – Energy savings, accompanied by higher productivity with AC IGBT electrics.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Fully electric machine with minimal sight emissions.
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225