Over the years, the D10 dozer has proven itself to be a highly productive and versatile machine. It is flexible enough to be used on heavy construction sites and robust enough to be used on mine sites. Continuing the D10T's legacy, Cat customers can count on the D10T2's superior performance, long life, ease of operation and world-class service from the global Cat dealer network to be the backbone of their operation.
- The D10T2 mainframes are built to absorb high impact shock loads and twisting forces encountered during severe dozing and ripping applications.
- The main case, equalizer bar saddle, and front cross member are heavy duty steel castings incorporated into highly loaded areas of the mainframe to improve stress distribution for improved durability.
- Top and bottom rails are made from continuous rolled sections, providing superior mainframe durability.
- The main case elevates the final drives well above the ground level work area to protect them from impact loads, abrasion and contaminants.
- The pivot shaft and pinned equalizer bar maintain track roller frame alignment and allow the roller frame to oscillate for smoother ride.
Equalizer Bar End Pins
- The remote lubrication for the D10T2 is performed from a service point conveniently located on the left hand fender and allows an operator or service technician to lubricate both the left-hand and right-hand equalizer bar end pin bearings and pins from one service point.
- Adding the optional autolube system allows the operator to tailor the amount of grease needed for each application by volume and service interval through the Information Display.
C27 with ACERT Technology
- The C27 ACERT engine performs at full rated net power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249) of 447 kW (600 hp) at 1,800 rpm with a high torque rise of 21 percent (in forward gears), allowing the D10T2 to doze through tough material.
- Matched with a high efficiency torque divider and electronically controlled power shift transmission, it will provide years of dependable service.
- The D10T2 can deliver rated net power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249) of 538 kW (722 hp) in reverse.
- With approximately 20% more power in reverse you can return faster for reduced cycle times increasing productivity and lowering the cost per unit of material moved.
- Cat NOx Reduction System captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) – uses a chemical process called oxidation to condition exhaust gases to meet emission standards.
- MEUI™-C Fuel System delivers increased fuel efficiency, while further reducing NOx emissions.
Aluminum Bar Plate Radiator – 6 fpi
Hydraulic Oil to Air Cooler
Hydraulically Variable, Demand Fan
- Reversible cooling fan
- Mesabi radiator
- The D10T2 Load-sense hydraulics have improved multi-function interaction providing enhanced control of blade during dozing allowing for efficient movement of material.
- Twin implement pumps matched with newly designed valves offer simultaneous dozer commands such as tilt, pitch, and lift, as well as simultaneous ripper commands like lift and pitch. This functionality increases performance and improves operator efficiency.
- The D10T2 provides unmatched single and dual tilt pry-out forces. The machine now has individual tilt valve sections that provide equal tilt pry-out force on left and right sides with dual tilt.
Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS)
Enhanced Autoshift (EAS)
Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Modulation system permits smooth speed and direction changes with Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS)
- Oil-to-water cooler for maximum cooling capacity.
- Forced oil flow lubricates and cools clutch packs to provide maximum clutch life.
- Modular transmission and bevel gear slide into rear case for easy servicing, even with ripper installed.
Steering Clutch and Brake
- Bogie Suspension allows the track to conform to ground condition, providing up to 15% more ground contact, especially in hard, uneven terrain. Higher traction means less slippage, better balance, and a smoother ride.
- The integrated carrier roller mount is fabricated into the track roller frame making it easy to add optional carrier rollers in the field.
- To further enhance durability where operating loads are highest, the redesigned roller frames consist of three (3) main castings to resist bending and twisting. The roller frame improvements also include larger rear major bogie pivot pins, redesigned carrier roller mounting pads, and improved major bogie mounting locations.
- Track master link with single tooth and coarse thread bolts provide superior reliability and durability.
- High-Capacity Universal Blades – Offers optimal capacity for moving big loads over long distances.
- Semi-Universal Blades – Built for tough applications where penetration is important.
- Dual Tilt – Allows the operator to optimize blade pitch angle.
- Cutting Edges and End Bits – Cutting edges are made of DH-2™ steel. End bits are made of DH-3™ steel for maximum service life in tough materials.
- Cat Work Tools offer a range of special application blades, including a coal stockpile blade, cushion dozer blade, reclamation blade, and a wood chip blade.
- Single-Shank Ripper – Built for tough ripping conditions and greater ripping depth. Operator can adjust the shank depth from the seat using an optional single-shank pin puller. Large upper frame view hole improves ripper tip visibility.
- Multi-Shank Ripper – Generally for lighter duty ripping applications in less severe materials. Provides high levels of productivity. Tailors the tractor to the material by using one, two or three shanks.
- Deep-Shank Tooth – Optional deep tooth ripper shank for both single and multi-shank rippers.
CapSure™ Hammerless Ripper Tip and Shank Protector Retention System
- Standard machine provides 77 dB(A) operator noise levels. Lower sound levels are available if optional sound suppression packages are installed.
- Cat Optimized Seat has six way adjustment control for optimal support and comfort. Seat side bolsters restrain side-to-side movement, especially when working on side slopes.
- The automatic climate control system automatically adjusts heating and air conditioning controls to maintain a consistent cab temperature throughout the day.
Wide Panoramic View
- For enhanced safety and production, the operator station offers an exceptional viewing area.
- The tapered hood, notched fuel tank, and narrow ripper carriage gives the operator a clear line of sight to front and rear work areas.
- The multi-color/touch screen display located at the front of the right hand console is the operator's gateway to monitoring machine performance and a convenient way of modifying machine parameters to tailor performance to the current task.
- The Information Display screen is larger, faster, and more powerful with increased memory and intuitive menu structure.
- The Work Monitor menu screen within the Information Display collects machine data and provides real-time feedback on machine performance to optimize productivity.
- Secondary Engine Shutdown Switch
- Communications radio mounting
- Entertainment radio ready and IPOD/MP3 player ready
- Power point plug-in on the right side console (12-volt laptop and wireless phone compatible)
- Optional heated and ventilated seat
- Optional 5th Percentile Arrangement provides proper ergonomics for smaller operator
- Optional Dual Pane Impact Resistant Glass
- Optional Cat Ultra Strength 40 psi Glass
Implement and Steering Controls
- VIMS™ 3G – This system gathers historical trends, histograms, events and more through a wired connection for off-board analysis in applications such as VIMS PC.
- Product Link™/VisionLink® – Product Link enables the remote transmission of information about the location, operation, and condition of your equipment. Efficiently and effectively monitor performance of your assets to help keep your jobs on schedule, maintain equipment condition, and reduce the costs of owning and operating your fleet.
- Automated Blade Assist (ABA) – Increases efficiency while reducing operator workload. ABA makes use of preset blade pitch positions. ABA is standard on the D10T2 when it is equipped with optional dual tilt.
- AutoCarry™ (optional) – Provides automatic blade control during the carry segment of the dozing cycle by measuring ground speed and track slip with a robust Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) chassis mounted receiver. Blade position is changed automatically to keep slip at optimum level for best performance. It is intended to enhance the operator's productivity in high production earthmoving applications with carry distances over 30.5 m (100 ft).
- Automatic Ripper Control (optional) – New feature that reduces operator fatigue and decreases wear and tear on the machine. This is done by monitoring the tractor speed with the ROPS mounted GNSS to automatically adjust engine speed and ripper depth to minimize track slip.
- Fleet (optional) gives mines a comprehensive overview of all operations with real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management.
- Terrain for Grading (optional) is a state-of-the art machine guidance system that delivers real-time productivity information to operators of mine site grading equipment. Terrain features an in-cab display, satellite navigation technology, machine-mounted components and fully integrated office software.
– In addition to the Terrain indicate only system, Caterpillar is releasing the next generation of the system with an (optional) Blade Control Feature. Building on proven software utilized in other Cat technology products, the new blade control feature not only automatically guides the blade to the desired design contours, but is also integrated with AutoCarry to sense and automatically control the load of the blade for improved performance and efficient blade loading in high production dozing applications.
- Detect (optional) enhances operators' awareness of the environment around their equipment, helping alleviate potential safety hazards and increasing operator confidence.
- Health (optional) delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data for your entire fleet, helping mines identify potential equipment problems long before failure.
- Command for Dozing (optional) removes the operator from the cab of the machine and enables remote control operation.
– An over-the-shoulder operator console provides line-of-sight remote control operation.
– A comfortable remote operator station offers both line-of-sight and non-line-of-sight remote control.
Seat Belt Warning System
Operator Not Present Monitoring System
Heavy Duty Steps and Handles
Spectator Sound Reduction
- Sealed bottom guards.
- Solid engine compartment enclosures with insulation.
- Sound reducing idlers and machined sprocket segments.
- High Intensity Discharge (HID)
- Cat Light Emitting Diode (LED) Work Lights
- Four (4) on lift cylinder spray shields
- Four (4) on top surface of hood
- Two (2) on front top of cab
- Four (4) on ROPS structure
- Two (2) LVS 38 L (10 gal) tanks
- 16 nozzles under the hood and operator station
- Two (2) manual switches (one  in cab and one  at ground level service center)
- Integrated control module
- Display in cab
Cat Powered Access System (optional)
- Electrically powered ladder deploys and stores in seconds.
- Rails on both sides of the ladder provide three-point contact.
- Warning alarms will sound if the parking brake is released or the blade is raised when the ladder is down.
Rear Platform and Guard Rails (optional)
Two Step Dozer Lift Cylinder Access Platform with Guard Rails
Ground Level Service Options
- Access lighting switch
- Engine shutdown switch
- Hydraulically raise and lower the ladder
High Speed Oil Change
Fast Fuel System
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Operator training to help boost your profits.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
- Enhancements in engine fuel efficiency:
– The D10T2 with a C27 ACERT engine meets Tier 4 Final emission standards and provides up to 2% better fuel efficiency over a D10T performing the same composite work cycle.
- Reduced operator and spectator sound levels result in less noise impact on the communities where they operate. The new D10T2 offers an optional sound suppression package that delivers an operator sound level of 74 dB(A) (ISO 6396) and also delivers a spectator sound level of 111 dB(A) (ISO 6395) with a sound suppressed cab.
- The (optional) autolube system will help lower maintenance cost by eliminating the majority of labor required with daily point-by-point manual lubrication and cut grease consumption by delivering the exact amount required to each bearing or lube point.
- Major components of Cat dozers are designed to be rebuilt. The Cat Certified Rebuild program conserves natural resources by delivering a cost effective second and even third life for our machines.
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Back up alarm
- Batteries, 12-volt (2), 200 amp-hour
- Converter, 12-volt, 10 amp and 20 amp
- Diagnostic connector
- Horn, forward warning
- Light, engine compartment
- Lighting system, 8 Halogen
- Starting receptacle
- Air conditioner and heater
- Armrest, adjustable
- Cab, FOPS
- Deactivation switch, hydraulic controls
- Decelerator, pedal
- Finger Tip Control (FTC) steering
- Governor switch, electronic
- Hydraulic system, electronically controlled
- Information display – Multi-color
- Mirror, rearview
- Radio ready, entertainment
- ROPS rollbar
- Seat belt, retractable 76 mm (3 in)
- Seat, cloth, air suspension
- Wipers, intermittent, low and high speeds
- Work monitor
- Aluminum bar-plate radiator, 6 fpi
- Aftercooler, air-to-air
- Air filters, dual with precleaner
- C27 with ACERT Technology
- Coolant, extended life
- Shift management:
– Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS)
– Enhanced AutoShift (EAS)
- Engine Idler Shutdown Timer
- Ether starting aid, automatic
- Hydraulic demand fan
- Fast fuel system
- Four planet, double-reduction planetary final drives
- Fuel priming pump, electric
- High speed oil change system
- Mufflers, dual
- Parking brake, electronic
- Separator, water/fuel
- Thermal shields, exhaust
- Torque divider
- Transmission, powershift:
– (3F/3R speeds)
- Anchorage points
- Fender guard rails
- Heavy duty steps and handles
- Operator Not Present Monitoring System
- Seat belt warning system
- Slope and side-slope monitor
- 610 mm (24 in) Extreme Service track shoe
- Equalizer bar end pin grease fittings, remote
- Rollers and idlers, lifetime lubricated
- Sprocket rim segments, replaceable
- Suspension-type undercarriage, eight-roller tubular track roller frame (carrier roller ready)
- Three bolt idler caps
- Track adjusters, hydraulic
- Track guides
- Two-piece master links
- Auto-blade assist – Dual tilt required
- Bottom guard
- CD ROM parts book
- Ecology drains
- Engine enclosure
- Fluid sampling ports
- Grade control ready
- Ground level service center
- Hydraulic system, electronically controlled load sensing
- Mounting, lift cylinders
- Ripper hydraulics
- Vandalism, protection (8 caplocks)
- VIMS 3G
- Product Link (Satellite)
- 10SU Abrasion resistant blade
- 10SU Abrasion resistant blade, black
- 10SU Push plate
- 10U No wear plate
- 10U Abrasion resistant blade
- 10U Abrasion resistant blade, black
- Bottom guards, cushion dozer
- Bottom guards, front counterweight
- Bottom guards, partial
- Bottom guards, sealed
- Guard, fan debris
- Guard, undercarriage idlers
- Mounting GP, rear screen
- Screens, grill door
- Air conditioner:
- Cab glass:
– 276 kPa (40 psi)
– Dual pane impact resistance glass
- Operator arrangement:
– 5th Percentile Arrangement
– Quick opening floor plates
- Powered precleaner
- Seat, air suspension:
– Cloth, heated and ventilated
- Visibility arrangement:
– Single camera
– Dual camera
- Window shades
- Coolant, arctic
- Engine prelube
- Final drives:
– Clamshell guard
– Cold weather
- Lubrication, arctic
- Copper Grommetted Tube Radiator
- Reversible cooling fan
- Remote high speed oil change system:
– 3 slab with hitch
– 4 slab with hitch
- CapSure hammerless installation and positive retention system:
– Single shank
– Multi shank
– Single shank deep
- Drawbar, rear
- Multi shank ripper:
– Deep shank
– Standard shank
- Single shank ripper:
– Push block with pin puller
– Standard shank
– Standard shank with pin puller
- Ripper mounting:
– Wide track
- Access arrangement
- Fire suppression ready
- Fire suppression installation
- Fuel tank, platform ready
– Halogen, twelve
– LED, high intensity
- Powered access ladder
- Rear access platform
- High debris
- Machine control, performance:
– Automatic ripper control
- Command for Dozing
- Terrain for Grading:
– with blade control
- Carrier rollers
- Carrier rollers, cold weather
- Tracks, PPR, sealed and lubricated:
– 610 mm (24 in) Extreme Service Trapezoidal Hole
– 610 mm (24 in) Super Extreme Service
– 610 mm (24 in) Extreme Service Scallop Resistant
– 610 mm (24 in) Super Extreme Service Scallop Resistant
– 610 mm (24 in) Super Extreme Service Scallop Resistant Round Hole
– 710 mm (28 in) Extreme Service
– 710 mm (28 in) Super Extreme Service
– 710 mm (28 in) Extreme Service Trapezoidal Hole
– 710 mm (28 in) Extreme Service Scallop Resistant
– 710 mm (28 in) Super Extreme Service Scallop Resistant
– 710 mm (28 in) Super Extreme Service Scallop Resistant Round Hole
– 760 mm (30 in) Extreme Service Clipped
– 760 mm (30 in) Super Extreme Service Clipped
– 786 mm (31 in) Extreme Service
– 786 mm (31 in) Extreme Service Trapezoidal Hole
– 786 mm (31 in) Extreme Service Scallop Resistant ARM
- Undercarriage arrangements:
– Abrasion resistant
– Cold abrasion
– Cold weather
- Automatic lubrication system
- Fire suppression ready
- Fire suppression installation
- Fuel lines, heater
- Grease points, grouped
- Heater, engine coolant
- Hydraulic, dual tilt
- Hydraulic, dual tilt, cushion dozer
- Hydraulic, single tilt, cushion dozer
- Main frame, cushion dozer
- Starting cold weather
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225