Cat Landfill Compactors are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to operate more efficiently and safely. Introduced in 1978, the 826 has been the industry leader for over 35 years. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series. The 826K continues our legacy of reliability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability, and efficiency.
Efficiency with Eco Mode
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection
- Smoother, faster cycles help reduce operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees each way of steering articulation
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Two forward and two reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat Torque Converter (TC) with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Increases fuel efficiency
Cat C15 ACERT Engine
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Entry and Exit
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest
- Reduced access stairway angles
- Standard stairway lighting
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions
- Air suspension system
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Reduced sound levels
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box
Rear Vision Camera
AccuGrade™ Compaction Control
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 826K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of potential spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination with sight gauges.
- Optional swing-out stairs enable easy access to the engine compartment.
- Swing out fuel and hydraulic oil coolers for easy access cleanout.
- Ground level power service center with electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown, and stairway light switch.
- Lighting inside the engine compartment improves visibility to service points.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Improve your efficiency with operator training
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
- Left and right hand stairs are angled to enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 826K.
- Continuous pass-through with handrails and non-skid surfaces are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab mounted LED warning strobes
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat
- Standard front glass guard
Reducing the Impact to the Environment
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 826 is one of the most rebuilt products to achieve the second and third life to get the most value from your investment. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- Engine and Power Train Guards - Hydraulically actuated guards help prevent trash build-up and shield components.
- Front Frame Guards - Front frame guards prevent trash build-up inside the frame. This guard further protects components and hydraulic lines.
- Axle Wrapping and Seal Guarding - The guarding prevents material from wrapping and binding around the axles, as well as assist in ease of cleaning.
- Major System Guarding and Sight Gauges - Transmission oil tube is guarded to resist damage from debris. The sight gauge for the transmission is visible from ground level. The fuel tank is positioned away from the debris in the front frame and is easily accessed.
- Air Inlet Screen - The vertically corrugated, fine mesh, air inlet screen helps reduce trash from entering the radiator area and allows for debris to fall off.
- Striker Bars and Optional Cleaner Fingers - Striker bars are located in front of and behind the rear wheels and behind the front wheels. Striker bars help to keep wheels free of debris to assist the wheel step tips in maintaining good compaction. In cohesive material or severe packing conditions, optional cleaner fingers are available to further assist in keeping the wheel step tips clean.
- Extended Roof - An oversized roof extends past the cab doors and windows to minimize debris build up.
- Under Hood Ventilation System - Creates a neutral pressure environment to prevent trash ingestion from hood openings while providing fresh air to the alternator, electronics and turbo.
New Long Life Paddle and Plus Design Compactor Tips
- Longer wear life
- Maintaining traction
- ACERT Engine - Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lockup Torque Converter - Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) - All new SCSS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points.
- Fuel Tank Capacity minimum of 12 hours operation depending on the application.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS)
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (insulated) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Muffler (under hood) (U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Engine, Cat C15 with ACERT Technology: – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Heat shield, turbo and exhaust manifold
- Hydraulically driven demand fan
- Integrated braking system
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular (AMR)
- Separated cooling system
- Starting aid (ether) automatic
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter with Lock Up Clutch (LUC)
- Eco Mode
- Transmission, planetary, with 2F/2R speed range control
- Under hood ventilation system
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, maintenance-free (4 - 1,000 CCA)
- Electrical system, 24V
- Light, warning unswitched (LED strobe)
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Lighting, underhood
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- Air conditioner with roof mounted condenser
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS)
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12V, 10-15 amp)
- 12V power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- Radio, CB ready
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Hydraulic controls (seat mounted)
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Laminated glass
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque converter temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three categories – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles
- AccuGrade mapping (ready)
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Guards, axle (front and rear)
- Guard, cab window
- Guard, driveshaft
- Guards, crankcase and power train, hydraulically powered
- Striker bars
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- Demand fan/swing out (hydraulic reversible)
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Emergency platform egress
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Engine idle management features: – Auto idle kickdown – Delayed engine shutdown – Engine idle shutdown
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, 782 L (207 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Oil sampling valves
- Oil change system, high speed
- Steering, load sensing
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Fold down exhaust stack for shipping
- VIMS/Product Link: – GSM, satellite
- Engine: – Sound suppression
- Precleaner – cab: – Standard or powered
- Window: – Standard bonded or rubber-mounted glass
- Horn: – Standard or trumpet
- Stairs: – Fixed or swingout
- Striker bar with cleaner fingers
- Blades: – Straight, Semi-U, U
- Wheels: – Various tip and wheel arrangements (Paddle and Plus [combination], Paddle, Plus, Chopper [U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent], Omission)
- Precleaner – engine: – Turbine or dual stage
- Camera, rear vision
- Radio (includes AM/FM, MP3, Bluetooth, hands free microphone)
- Guard – rear
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (HRC)
- EU certification (HRC)
- Plate – year of manufacture (LRC)
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225