Cat Soil Compactors are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to operate more efficiently and safely. Representing a long-standing commitment to quality and performance, this rugged, powerful machine is designed and built for heavy-duty compaction and dozing operations. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series. The 825K continues our legacy of reliability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability, and efficiency.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection
- Smoother, faster cycles help reduce operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees each way of steering articulation
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat Torque Converter (TC) with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Increases fuel efficiency
Cat C15 ACERT Engine
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Chevron Tamping Tip Design
Symmetrical Tamping Tip Pattern
Adjustable Cleaner Bar Tip
Entry and Exit
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest
- Reduced access stairway angles
- Standard stairway lighting
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions
- Air suspension system
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Reduced sound levels
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box
Cat Compaction Control
Rear Vision Camera
- Left and right hand stairs are angled to enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 825K.
- Continuous pass-through with handrails and non-skid surfaces with toe kicks are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab mounted LED warning strobes
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat
Reducing the Impact to the Environment
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 825 is one of the most rebuilt products to achieve the second and third life to get the most value from your investment. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 825K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination with sight gauges.
- Swing out fuel, hydraulic oil coolers and condenser for easy access cleanout.
- Ground level power service center with electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown, and stairway light switch.
- Lighting inside the engine compartment improves visibility to service points.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Improve your efficiency with operator training
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
- ACERT Engine – Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown – Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lockup Torque Converter – Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) – All new SCSS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points.
- Fuel Tank Capacity minimum of 12 hours operation depending on the application.
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Engine, Cat C15 with ACERT Technology: – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Hydraulically driven demand fan
- Integrated braking system
- Muffler (under hood) (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent)
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular (AMR)
- Separated cooling system
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS)
- Starting aid (ether) automatic
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter with Lock Up Clutch (LUC)
- Transmission, planetary, with 3F/3R speed range control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, maintenance-free (4 – 1,000 CCA)
- Electrical system, 24V
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Light, warning unswitched (LED strobe)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Lighting, under hood
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lights, directional (rear)
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- 12V power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- AccuGrade™ mapping (ready)
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Cab door, sliding window (LH)
- Compaction control (ready)
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift controls
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque converter temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three categories – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS)
- Laminated glass
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, heated ready
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12V, 10-15 amp)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Wheels, tamping tips
- Guard, driveshaft
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Bulldozer straight blade, hydraulics, and linkage are included in the base machine
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- Cleaner bars with teeth
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Emergency platform egress
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Engine idle management features: – Auto idle kickdown – Delayed engine shutdown – Engine idle shutdown
- Fast fuel system
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, Fast Fill, 782 L (207 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Oil change system, high speed
- Oil sampling valves
- Product Link
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Fold down exhaust stack for shipping
- Camera, rear vision
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/BLUETOOTH
- Radio, CB (ready)
- Compaction control, basic
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- EU certification (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Plate – year of manufacture (Tier 3/Stage III Equivalent)
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225