CTS SERIES AUTOMATIC TRANSFER SWITCH
The Cat® CTS Series Automatic Transfer Switch(ATS)is configurable for applications requiring the dependability and ease of operation found in a full featured power contactor type transfer switch.The CTS Series is equipped with the MX250 controller that is designed for the most demanding transfer or bypass switch applications.
CSA C22.2 No. 178 certified at 600 VAC
IEC 947-6-1 listed through 480 VAC
- Contact transfer speed less than 100 milliseconds
- High close-in and withstand capability
- Temperature rise test per UL 1008 conducted after overload and endurance tests in unventilated enclosure – exceeds UL requirements
- Equipped with the MX250 Control Package
- Double throw, interlocked operation
- Electrically operated, mechanically held by a simple, over-center mechanism
- Silver alloy contacts with separate arcing contacts on 600 amp and above
- Arc quenching grids, enclosed arc chambers, and wide contact air gap for superior source to- source isolation on all units
- Control circuit disconnect plug and drive inhibit switch for safe maintenance
- Components accessible for inspection and maintenance without removal of the switch or the power conductors
- Mechanical indicator and contact chamber cover designed for inspection, safety and position designation
- The Cat CTS Series power contactor type transfer switch makes use of a fully programmable / configurable microprocessor-based controller to allow the utmost in application flexibility. Further, the CTS Series is offered in a wide array of configurations enabling it to meet the needs of even the most highly critical load.Available configurations include:
- CTS Automatic Transfer Switches
- CTSD Delayed Transition Transfer Switches
- CTSM Manual Transfer Switches
- CTSCT Closed Transition Transfer Switches
- CBTS Automatic Transfer/Bypass Switches
- CBTSD Delayed Transition Bypass Switches
- CBTSCT Closed Transition Bypass Switches
- UL 1008 listed through 480 VAC
- CSA C22.2 No. 178 listed through 600 VAC
- IEC 947-6-1 listed through 480 VAC
- Codes and Standards: NFPA 0,99, 101,110,NEC 517,700,701,702,IEEE 446, 241,NEMA ICS2-447
- Controls tested in accordance with:
- Equipment (Controls and Power Section)Seismic Test Qualified to:
- Enclosures meet the requirements of:
UL 508, UL 50, ICS 6, ANSI C33.76 and NEMA 250
- Quality System:
ISO 9001 Registered
- This ruggedly built family of power contactor switches has been specifically designed for transfer switch duty with dependability, versatility and user friendliness of prime concern.
The CTS power panel components, consisting of power switching contacts, drive mechanism and terminal lugs, are mounted on a specially formed backplane. Logic devices including microprocessor control auxiliary time delays and special accessory equipment are assembled on the door for ease of maintenance and separation from the power section. They are connected with a numbered wiring harness equipped with a disconnect plug that allows isolation of the control panel for maintenance.
- When the normal source fails or the voltage drops to a predetermined point (usually 80% of nominal), if required, a circuit is closed to start the engine generator set. When the emergency source reaches 90% of rated voltage and 95% of rated frequency, the drive solenoid is energized through the emergency coil control relay, causing the main contacts to disconnect the load from the normal source and connect it to the emergency source. After the drive solenoid has completed its electrical stroke and is seated, the emergency coil control relay opens to disconnect it. The transfer switch is now mechanically locked in the emergency position. When normal voltage is the normal source and connect it to the emergency source. After the drive solenoid has completed its electrical stroke and is seated, the emergency coil control relay opens to disconnect it. The transfer switch is now mechanically locked in the emergency position. When normal voltage is and is seated, the coil control relay opens to disconnect it. The transfer switch is now mechanically locked in the normal position.
- All CTS switches employ the simple “over-center” principle to achieve a mechanically locked position in either normal or emergency and a high speed drive assures contact transfer in 100 ms or less. High contact pressure and positive mechanical lock allow for high withstand and closing ratings, far exceeding UL requirements.
423-463-2131 or 423-698-6943
865-595-1034 or 865-771-1036