3516C (HD) CI/D2 HAZARDOUS LOCATION
Cat 3500 offshore generator sets are specifically designed for drilling and production operations offshore. Decades of experience powering offshore vessels and platforms make have evolved into a product that offers proven performance, low emissions, high durability, and low owning and operating costs. Cat generator sets are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty. Cat 3516C (HD) offshore generator set. Ratings: 2100 ekW (2963 bhp) @ 60 Hz (1800 rpm).
- Aftercooler core, corrosion resistant (air side)
- Air cleaner, regular duty with service indicators
- Dual turbochargers, rear mounted
- Dual Caterpillar A4 electronic engine control with electronic unit injector fuel system and rigid wiring harness.
- 24 VDC (less than 10A) to be provided by customer at Power Distribution Panel to power engine electrical system.
- Jacket water (JW) engine cooling and two-stage jacket water/separate circuit (SCAC) charge air cooling
- To ensure compliance in use, radiators or heat exchangers must be capable of rejecting sufficient heat to allow proper engine operation at worst site conditions.
- The radiator or heat exchanger must supply 48C (118 F)
- SCAC cooling water to the aftercooler inlet of at least 200 gal/min at ambient temperature of 30C and at site conditions (including altitude considerations)
- Dry gas-tight exhaust manifolds with heat shields, dual turbochargers with water-cooled bearings and heat shields.
- Exhaust outlet: 305 mm (12 in) round flanged outlet, vertical orientation
- Flywheel, SAE No. 00, 183 teeth Flywheel housing, SAE No. 00
- Flywheel housing, SAE No. 00
- SAE standard rotation
- Duplex Fuel filter, LH service. Simplex fuel filter, RH service
- Fuel transfer pump
- Fuel priming pump, RH
- Electronically Controlled Unit Injectors
- Customer connection located at lower right front of engine
- SOLAS shielding
- Engine mounted instrument panel with four position switch, over speed shutdown notification light, emergency stop notification light, graphical display unit for analog or digital display of: oil and fuel pressure, oil and fuel filter differential, system DC voltage, exhaust and water temperature, air inlet restriction, service meter, engine speed, fuel consumption (total and instantaneous)
- Top mounted crankcase breather, RH oil filter, RH oil filler, gear type oil pump, deep sump oil pan, recommended use of Caterpillar Diesel Engine Oil 10W30 or 15W40
- Mounting rails and isolation system based on customer request
- MCS certified Class I / Divison 2
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen Wiring Harness
- A-III Electronic Monitoring System provides customer programmable engine de-ration strategies to protect against adverse operating conditions
- Emergency stop push button (located in Electronic Instrument Panel) Safety shutoff protection for oil pressure and water temperature, over speed protection
- Only electrical system is hazardous environment certified
- NEC 500 Class I Division 2 for gas groups C and D
- Temperature class is T3 for ambient temperatures from -10 C to 50 C
- Class I/ Division 2 CMPD
- Class I / Division 2 designed to customer's specifications
- Insulation for harsh environment protection
423-463-2131 or 423-698-6943
865-595-1034 or 865-771-1036