C7 ACERT™ HAZPAK
When the job takes you into a hazardous location, Cat® HazPak engines are ready. Our complete range of services and engine packages cover both industry standards and your operation with maximum safety.Cat C7 ACERT HazPaks are hazardous location power units that are the ideal solution for specialized and demanding operations in the oilfield. Units are hazardous-location certified from the factory to minimize installation design, time, and cost. HazPaks are certified to operate in potentially explosive environments.Cat hazpaks are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty.Cat C7 ACERT HazPak. Rating: 172-205 bkW (230-275 bhp) @ 2200 rpm
- Dry-type two-element air filter with restriction indicator, separate circuit aftercooler with ATEX-approved air shutoff valve, inlet flame arrestor
- LH-side remote positive-lock speed control lever, hydramechanical governor, pneumatic or hydraulic shutdown control input for air shutoff valve and fuel shut-off cylinder
- Cooling package designed for 45°C ambient capability; separate cooling circuit for aftercooler; offshore-capable radiators for jacket water and aftercooler circuits are manufactured using steel fabrications, galvanized solder dipped cooling elements and all stainless steel nuts and bolts; flanged 150 lb RF connections used at cooling system interfaces; coolant pipe work in mild steel with Victaulic connections; water pumps are gear driven, centrifugal; radiator-mounted fan with ATEX-compliant fan drive and guarding; all guards designed, manufactured, and fitted in accordance with the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
- Exhaust gas cooler, plenum, and outlet box assembly; ATEX compliant – designed to limit the exhaust gas and exhaust duct surface temperatures to T3 (200°C); exhaust gas flametraps suitable for Gas Group IIA; designed and tested in accordance with the recommendations of EN 1834-1; wet and dry exhaust flexibles; ship-loose ATEX-compliant spark arresting muffler
- SAE No. 1 cast iron housing, industrial-style flywheel for SAE-1 housing, provides LH starter bore location
- Electronic unit injector; upward-angled fuel priming pump, primary filter and water separator; engine-mounted secondary fuel filter
- Package ambient capability is -20°C to 45°C; mechanical systems are designed for Gas Group IIA; electrical systems are designed for Gas Group IIC; all systems meet temperature class T3 (200°C limit); includes a declaration of conformity for the entire package scope; radiator package, engine, and exhaust system fitted to sub-frame; air filter, fuel/water separator, remote oil filter installed and mounted; earth bonding per standard EN 60079-14
- Oil cooler, LH oil gauge, remote-mounted oil filters for easy service
- belt-driven, two-cylinder, single-stage, reciprocating with a rated displacement of 13.2 cfm at 1250 rpm compressor speed; includes two environmental drains
- 24V 35A EX d ATEX compliant alternator for Gas Group IIb, temperature class T3; heavy-duty, brushless. 24V 65A alternator, NEC 500 Class 1 Division 2 for Gas Groups C&D, temperature Class T3; heavy-duty, brushless. 24V 55Ah EX d e II T4 increased safety deep discharge battery pack with integral junction box and isolator switch.
- • Air, electric, or hydraulic shutdown system input options available
- • Throttle knob speed control – shipped loose if no control panel option selected; ATEX approved 24V operation; twist knob, locking design; 2-turns, low to high speed; CCW rotation to increase engine speed, push in or turn CW to return to low idle.
- • Messenger display – shipped loose if no control panel option selected; electronic display unit for monitoring key engine operation data and diagnostic information on a full graphic LCD screen; four select buttons to scroll through the engine data and diagnostic screens and navigate through the display configuration menu to change display settings; connection to the engine control module is via the J1939 CAN data link.
- • PCS2 control board – provides supervisory safety system functionality and overspeed shutdown control; includes start button, run/stop switch, emergency stop button, mounting locations for throttle control and messenger display, userconfigurable alarm and shutdown relay inputs.
- • 3GP control panel – provides gas detection, supervisory safety system functionality, and overspeed shutdown control; allows operation without exhaust flame traps; includes start button, run/stop switch, emergency stop button, mounting locations for throttle control and messenger display; provides control panel for engine with up to 20 inputs and outputs; designed to give automatic shutdown in the event of engine overspeed, high exhaust gas temperature (200°C), high coolant temperature (100°C), low oil pressure, detection of hydrocarbon gas; additional I/O pressure and temp input switches available on request.
- Fuel cooler, installed, maintains acceptable fuel temperature when running from day tank
- Air and hydraulic starters available
423-463-2131 or 423-698-6943
865-595-1034 or 865-771-1036
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Cat-branded marine products provide premier marine power solutions for the pleasure craft market.
MARINE ONLINE COMMUNITY
Join Cat's online marine power community to exchange information with your peers.
POWER SYSTEMS HOME
Compressed air, electric power generation, dewatering, and temperature control.
DOWNLOAD ADOBE® READER®
If you do not have Adobe® Reader® to view PDF files, get it free at the Adobe® website.