Cat® C12 Diesel Marine Propulsion Engines, with ratings of 340-490 bhp (254-366 bkW) at 1800-2300 rpm, meet IMO II emission standards with the exception of the 497 mhp (490 bhp) rating at 2300 rpm which meets IMO I emissions standards. The C12 takes full advantage of the electronically controlled unit injection fuel system, resulting in an environmentally friendly engine with outstanding performance and fuel economy. There is also a wide range of optional equipment available to meet the needs of your marine commercial or pleasure craft application.
- Aftercooler - sea water; corrosion resistant, Air Cleaner/Fumes Disposal (closed system), Turbocharger, Jacket Water Cooled
- Electronic governing, Cold mode start strategy, Power compensation for fuel temperature, Programmable low idle, Electronic diagnostics and fault logging, Engine and transmission monitoring (speed, temperature, pressure), Fuel/air ratio control, Emergency stop switch (A&B ratings only)
- Thermostat and housing, Jacket water pump; gear driven, Sea water pump; rubber impeller; self-priming; gear-driven, Integral heat exhanger/expansion tank; removable tube bundle; replaceable copper-nickel tubes, Keel cooling - combined circuit (includes pipe thread flange kit)
- Watercooled Manifold & Turbocharger
- Flywheel; SAE No. 1; 113 teeth, Flywheel housing; SAE No. 1 (10 degree slant pad), SAE standard rotation
- Fuel filer; RH service on Port; LH service on Starboard, Fuel transfer pump, Fuel priming pump, Flexible fuel lines
- Service meter, electric
- Crankcase breather, Oil cooler, Oil filter; spin-on; RH service on Port; LH service on Starboard, Oil filler, Dipstick; RH service on Port; LH service on Starboard, Oil pump; gear driven
- Front support
- Hydraulic pump drive; SAE A; 11 tooth spline, 57 ft-lbs max torque; counterclockwise as viewed from the rear of hte engine looking into the pump drive and turns 1.41 x engine speed, Crankshaft pulley; 345 mm (13.6 in) single groove; 15.88 mm (.63in) width
- Shutdown; electronic; 12 or 24 volt; energized to run
- Vibration damper, Lifting eyes, RH or LH service options, Literature, Variable engine wiring, Upper rear-facing customer wiring connector and ECAP connection, Electronic installation kit (connectors, pins, sockets)
- Low Profile Air Inlet Line, Shield (Air Inlet Line)
- Charging Alternators, Voltmeter Guages, Voltmeter Guage Mounting, Alternator Mounting Group
- Sea Water Pump, Coolant Recovery Tank, Flange Kit
- Flexible Fitting, Elbow, Dry Elbow, Watercooled Elbow, Exhaust Connection, Exhaust Outlet Pipe, EXH Outlet Flange, Rain Cap, Muffler
- Fuel Cooler, Fuel Connections, Primary Fuel Filter, Primary Fuel/Water Separator
- OEM Wiring Harness, Engine to Engine Harness, Digital Tachometer, Tachometer Mounting, Magnetic Pickup, RH 4 Hole Instrument Panel, LH 4 Hole Instrument, Marine Power Display System, Marine Power Display Unit (for additional monitoring stations), Marine Power Display Bracket, Wiring Group, Transmission Sensors
- Manual sump pump, Transmission oil cooler
- Vibration Isolators
- Crankshaft Pulley, Front Stub Shaft, Front Stub Shaft & Pulley
- Air Pressure Regulator, Air Start Silencer, Start Switch, Jacket Water Heater, Battery sets (24 volt - dry)
- Wiring Harness Removal, Belt Guard - Alternator, Belt Guard - Alternator Pulley, Filter Cover Kit
- Overseas Preservation, Engine Protective Cover, Storage Preservation, Export Packing
423-463-2131 or 423-698-6943
865-595-1034 or 865-771-1036
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Cat-branded marine products provide premier marine power solutions for the pleasure craft market.
MARINE ONLINE COMMUNITY
Join Cat's online marine power community to exchange information with your peers.
POWER SYSTEMS HOME
Compressed air, electric power generation, dewatering, and temperature control.
DOWNLOAD ADOBE® READER®
If you do not have Adobe® Reader® to view PDF files, get it free at the Adobe® website.