When the job takes you into a hazardous location, Cat® HazPak engines are ready. Our complete range of services and engine packages cover both industry standards and your operation with maximum safety.Cat 3406C HazPaks are hazardous location power units that are the ideal solution for specialized and demanding operations in the oilfield. Units are hazardous-location certified from the factory to minimize installation design, time, and cost. HazPaks are certified to operate in potentially explosive environments.Cat hazpaks are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty.Cat 3406C HazPak. Rating: 365 bkW (490 bhp) @ 2100 rpm
- Dry-type two-element air filter with restriction indicator, separate circuit aftercooler with ATEX-approved air shutoff valve, inlet flame arrestor
- LH-side remote positive-lock speed control lever, hydromechanical governor, pneumatic or hydraulic shutdown control input for air shutoff valve and fuel shutoff cylinder, mechanical speed and temperature monitoring to provide control of air shutoff valve
- Cooling package designed for 45°C ambient capability; single cooling circuit for jacket water, exhaust cooler, and aftercooler; offshore-capable radiator is manufactured usingsteel fabrications, galvanized solder dipped cooling elements and all stainless steel nuts and bolts; flanged 150 lb RF connections used at cooling system interfaces; coolant pipe work in mild steel with Victaulic connections; water pump is gear-driven, centrifugal; radiator mounted fan with ATEXcompliant fan drive and guarding; all guards designed, manufactured, and fitted in accordance with the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Exhaust gas cooler, plenum, and outlet box assembly; ATEX compliant – designed to limit the exhaust gas and exhaust duct surface temperatures to T3 (200°C); exhaust gas flametraps suitable for Gas Group IIA; designed and tested in accordance with the recommendations of EN 1834-1; wet and dry exhaust flexibles; ship-loose ATEX-compliant spark arresting muffler
- SAE No. 1 cast iron housing; flywheel for SAE-1 housing, pilot bore for 100 mm diameter bearings; provides LH and RH starter bore location
- Mechanical fuel injection, fuel priming pump, primary filter and water separator, engine-mounted secondary fuel filter
- Package ambient capability is -20°C to 45°C designed for Gas Group IIA; all systems meet temperature class T3 (200°C limit); includes a declaration of conformity for the entire package scope; radiator package, engine, and exhaust system fitted to sub-frame; air filter, fuel/water separator, remote oil filter installed and mounted; earth bonding per standard EN 60079-14; 325 micron epoxy paint system, gear-driven two-cylinder air compressor, 12 cfm
- Oil cooler, LH oil gauge, remote-mounted oil filters for easy service
- Belt-driven, two-cylinder, single-stage, reciprocating with a rated displacement of 13.2 cfm at 1250 rpm compressor speed; includes two environmental drains
- 24V 35A EX d ATEX compliant alternator for Gas Group IIB, temperature class T3; heavy-duty, brushless. 24V 65A alternator, NEC 500 Class 1 Division 2 for Gas Groups C&D, temperature Class T3; heavy-duty, brushless. 24V 55Ah EX d e II T4 increased safety deep discharge battery pack with integral junction box and isolator switch.
- • Air or hydraulic shutdown system input options available
- • Basic control panel – includes start button, run/stop switch, and emergency stop button.
- • PCS2 control board – provides supervisory safety system functionality and overspeed shutdown control; includes start button, run/stop switch, emergency stop button, mounting locations for throttle control and messenger display, userconfigurable alarm and shutdown relay inputs.
- • 3GP control panel – provides gas detection, supervisory safety system functionality, and overspeed shutdown control; allows operation without exhaust flame traps; includes start button, run/stop switch, emergency stop button, mounting locations for throttle control and messenger display; provides control panel for engine with up to 20 inputs and outputs; designed to give automatic shutdown in the event of engine overspeed, high exhaust gas temperature (200°C), high coolant temperature (100°C), low oil pressure, detection of hydrocarbon gas; additional I/O pressure and temp input switches available on request.
- Fuel cooler, installed, maintains acceptable fuel temperature when running from day tank
- Air and hydraulic starters available
423-463-2131 or 423-698-6943
865-595-1034 or 865-771-1036
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Cat-branded marine products provide premier marine power solutions for the pleasure craft market.
MARINE ONLINE COMMUNITY
Join Cat's online marine power community to exchange information with your peers.
POWER SYSTEMS HOME
Compressed air, electric power generation, dewatering, and temperature control.
DOWNLOAD ADOBE® READER®
If you do not have Adobe® Reader® to view PDF files, get it free at the Adobe® website.