Cat® Large Wheel Loaders are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. Introduced in 1990, the 994 has become the top customer choice in its size class. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series’ legacy of reliability, safety, operator comfort, serviceability and sustainability.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame.
- Cast axle pivot mounting areas better disperse stress loads for increased structural integrity.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket edges and work area through a Z-bar design.
- High load stresses are absorbed by the solid steel lift arms.
- Enhance strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
- Stress relieved lift arms increase durability and lengthen time to repair.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat 3516B HD Engine
- On-demand performance through the use of turbochargers and aftercoolers.
- High Torque Rise - 32% torque rise ensures high lugging forces during digging and acceleration in high rimpull conditions.
- Extended engine life through a longer stroke and lower rpm ratings.
- Quick engine response through the use of electronic engine controls.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Positive Flow Control Hydraulics
- Lowered fuel consumption by up to 10% compared to the 994F.
- Fast, productive cycles enabled by four electronically controlled, fully variable piston pumps.
- Increase bucket feel and control through increased hydraulic response.
- Consistent performance and efficiency with lower system heat.
Electro Hydraulic Controls
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
- Conveniently set automatic implement kickouts from inside the cab.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 40 degrees of steering articulation.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
- Lift/tilt case drain filters.
- Lift/tilt high pressure screens.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Steering high pressure screens.
- Hydraulic case drain filters.
- Front pump drive lube filter.
- Front and rear brake oil screens.
Entry and Exit
- Two side access points.
- Fold up STIC steer/arm rest.
- Reduced access stairway angles.
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 71 dB(A).
- Easy-to-view Advisor Display features a large screen.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
- Store up to 10 separate operator profiles through Advisor.
- Decrease setup time between operators by recalling personalized screen layouts.
Payload Control System
- Quick payload weighs with on-the-go weighing.
- Comprehensive record accuracy of machine performance with up to 1,000 truck records with 25 different materials.
- Production Summary
- Machine Utilization
- Productive Cycle Time
- Loader Payload Summary
- Fuel Usage Summary
Terrain for Loading
Powered Access System
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise lower platform from cab level or ground.
- Occupants can quickly exit with a conveniently located emergency release valve if the loader becomes inoperable.
- Wider stairs with reduced stair angles increase safety for operators getting on and off the 994H.
- Walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress access.
- Standard pull-down window shade and optional heated mirrors ensure extended visibility for safe operation.
- Cat Detect with Object Detection System (rearview camera and radar) or Vision (rearview camera) option increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard HID lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Low vibrations to the operator with viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Operator training seat facilitates safe new operator training.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat and operator training seat.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Protecting the Environment
- Burns up to 10% less fuel than the previous model to minimize your CO2 footprint.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free or extended maintenance batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 994H is one of the most rebuilt products. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- Narrow Bucket. The narrower 5650 mm (222 in) buckets are optimally matched to load the Cat 785; they are also sized for the 789.
- Wide Bucket. The wider 6220 mm (244 in) buckets are optimally matched to load the larger Cat 789; they are also sized for the 793.
Heavy Duty Rock Bucket
High Abrasion Rock Bucket
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, dual 80 amp
- Batteries, dry
- Converter, 10/15 amp, 24V to 12V
- Lighting system (halogen, work lights, access and service platform lighting)
- HID work lights
- Starting and charging system, 24V
- Starter emergency start receptacle
- Starter lockout in bumper
- Transmission lockout in bumper
- Advisor Display, displays real time operating information, performs calibrations and customizes operator settings.
- Air conditioner
- Cat Detect Vision, rear vision camera system
- Cab, sound suppressed and pressurized, separate external rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS) radio ready for entertainment, includes antenna, speakers and converter (12-volt 5-amp) and power port
- Cigar lighter, ashtray
- Coat hook
- Controls, lift and tilt function
- Heater, defroster
- Horn, air
- Instrumentation, gauges: - Coolant temperature - Engine hour meter - Hydraulic oil temperature - Power train oil temperature
- Light, cab, dome
- Lunchbox, beverage holders
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Rimpull Control System
- Sun screen
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth), air suspension, six-way adjustable
- Seat, trainer with lap belt, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- Seat belt, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC™ Control System
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear indicator
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS™) with Advisor Display: External Data Port, Customizable Operator Profiles, Cycle Timer, Integrated Payload Control System
- Wet-Arm wipers/washers (front and rear): - Intermittent front and rear wipers
- Brakes, oil-cooled, multi-disc, service/secondary
- Case drain filters
- Crankcase guard
- Driveline parking brake
- Engine, 3516B HD EUI (SCAC) diesel, turbocharged/aftercooled
- Engine Prelube
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Precleaner, engine air intake (above hood)
- Radiator, Next Generation Modular (NGMR): - Power train oil coolers (2) air to oil, (2) water to oil
- Secondary steering
- Starting aid, ether, automatic
- Throttle lock, electronic
- Torque converter, Impeller Clutch (ICTC) with LUC, Rimpull Control System
- Transmission, planetary powershift, 3F/3R electronic control
- Air tank, ECC compliant (EN286)
- Air line dryer
- Automatic bucket lift kickout/positioner
- Automatic lubrication system
- Base machine price includes a rim allowance
- Blower fan
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seals
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, hydraulic tank, steering and brake tank, and brake cooling tank
- Engine oil change system, high speed, Wiggins
- Fast fill fuel system (Shaw-Aero)
- Front walkway
- Fuel tank, 3833 L (1,013 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- Hydraulic, steering and brake filtration/screening system
- Mufflers (4)
- Oil sampling valves
- Premixed 50% concentration of extended life coolant with freeze protection to -34° C (-29° F)
- Rear access to cab and service platform
- Steering, load sensing
- Supplemental steering system
- Toe kicks
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Wiggins Service Center
- 50° C (-58° F) antifreeze
- Engine oil renewal system
- Turbine precleaner
- Rockford radiator fan
- LED warning strobes
- Power converter
- Cab precleaner
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- Satellite Sirius radio with bluetooth
- Cat Terrain ready
- 914 mm (36") spare rim
- 1118 mm (44") spare rim
- 1194 mm (47") spare rim
- Front and rear roading fenders
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
Have a freightliner with a Caterpillar C7 engine. Cannot find the belt diagram on the truck&nbs... [More]
I need to replaced the engine mount bushings on my 242D but the bolts hit the fuel tank.I there a se... [More]
How can i verify that theres actually a high pressure in crankcase? Before shutdown, MPD also diplay... [More]