The Cat® 990H is a proven performer in quarry and industrial applications around the world. With superior quality and world class productivity, the 990H provides the lowest cost per ton of any wheel loader in its size class.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
- Left brake pedal modulates rimpull from 100 to 20 percent for reduced tire slippage and wear. After 25 percent is achieved, further pedal travel applies the brake.
- RCS reduces the potential for wheel slippage without reducing the hydraulic efficiency. An in-cab switch allows the operator to set percentage of maximum rimpull to meet operating conditions. Four settings are available, and operators can set rimpull at 70, 80, 90 and 100 percent.
Load Sense Steering System
Torque Converter Lock Up Clutch
Demand Driven Cooling Fan
Engine Idle Shutdown
Front Frame and Rear Frame
Axle-Shaft, Oil Disc Brakes
- Location of the brakes allows for improved serviceability. The axle shaft brake design allows for brake service while leaving the final drive intact.
- Axle-shaft brakes require less force by operating on the low torque side of the axle. Combined with improved axle oil circulation for increased cooling, the oil-enclosed, multiple disc brake design improves durability.
Z-bar Loader Linkage
Best-in-Class Working Environment
- World class cab incorporates features for operator comfort and ergonomics, visibility and ease of operation.
- Ergonomic controls are fully adjustable and designed for low-effort comfort. Switches and controls for various systems are located within easy reach of the operator.
- Interior noise levels are reduced to a quiet 72 dB(A).
- Cat Monitoring System (EMS-III) provides information on machine’s major components. This includes gauge displays for the fuel tank level; temperature gauges for the engine coolant, torque converter and hydraulic oil; tachometer analog gauge with digital readout for gear selection and ground speed and a monitoring system.
- Optional features are available for improved visibility. These options include a rear vision camera to clearly monitor movement behind the wheel loader and high intensity discharge (HID) lights for greater visibility at night.
- Standard trainers seat allows for a safe method to properly train your operator.
Payload Control System
Cat Product Link
- Simplify fleet management and monitor machine use
- Link all machines, regardless of brand
- Three levels of insight to meet specific business requirements
Heavy-Duty Quarry Bucket
High Abrasion Bucket
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Ground level viewable site gauges on all major systems.
- Ground level engine shutdown, battery disconnect switch and steering hitch lock lever allow service technicians to perform maintenance while the machine stays static.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to the engine oil dipstick and filler spout, S·O·SSM ports, fuel filters, air conditioner compressor, engine oil filters, alternator, starting receptacle, air filter service indicator, cooler fill and ether starting aid.
- Maintenance-free batteries
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants. Ecology drains are standard on the hydraulic, engine, transmission and coolant systems.
Protecting the Environment
- First in this wheel loader size class to meet Tier 3 emissions, and Caterpillar continues to develop technology to meet changing regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance-free, ease of maintenance or extended maintenance, attention has been paid to lowering routine maintenance cost while eliminating waste to the environment.
- Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
- Articulated wiper/washer system with intermittent features
- Optional high intensity discharge (HID) lights
- Optional warning beacons
- Optional rear vision camera
Access and Egress
- Primary and secondary stairwell exits
- Punch stamped tread plates
- Ground level night time stairwell lights
- Full perimeter railings and toe kicks on upper platform
- Side platform emergency egress
- Optional roading fenders
Operator Health and Well Being
- Ergonomic cab controls designed for easy adjustment, low effort and minimal motion
- Cab air filtration system
- Laminated cab glass to minimize sound levels
- Optional secondary steering
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator (95-amp)
- Batteries, maintenance-free
- Deutsch terminal connectors
- Diagnostic connector starting and charging system
- Electrical system, 24-volt
- Electronic transmission control
- Lighting system, halogen: • (front and rear) working, plus stop lights
- Starter, electric
- Starter receptacle for emergency start
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound-suppressed rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS): • Radio ready for (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers and converter (12-volt 5-amp)
- Cigar lighter and ashtray
- Coat hook
- Computerized monitoring system (EMS II) - Instrumentation, gauges: • Coolant temperature • Fuel level • Hydraulic oil temperature • Tachometer • Transmission oil temperature - Instrumentation, warning indicators: • Axle oil temperature (front and rear) • Brake oil pressure • Brake, parking/secondary • Electrical system (low voltage) • Engine oil pressure • Engine coolant flow • Engine overspeed • Secondary steering (if so equipped) • Steering oil temperature • Transmission filter status
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Indicator lights: • Quick-shift, throttle lock, torque converter and reduced rimpull control
- Lift and tilt function lockout
- Light, dome (cab)
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Mirrors, rearview (exterior mounted)
- Quick shift feature
- Seat belt, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- Seat, Cat Comfort, (cloth) air suspension
- STIC™ control system
- Tinted glass
- Wet-arm wiper/washers (front, rear, and corner): • Intermittent front wiper
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, oil-disc: • Axle-shaft oil-disc service brake, parking/secondary brake
- Demand fan
- Engine, Cat C27 ACERT® with MEUI fuel system, ATAAC and ECM
- Fuel priming pump
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Radiator, Next Generation Modular
- Separated cooling system
- Starting aid (ether) manual override
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter, impeller clutch with lock-up clutch feature and rimpull control system
- Transmission, 533 mm (21 in) planetary power shift (electronic) (3F/3R)
- Automatic bucket leveler
- Automatic lift kickout
- Axle temperature sensor
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with Cat approved oil
- Fenders, steel (front)
- Grouped labeled lube points
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Hood, tapered
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Mufflers (under hood)
- Oil sampling valves
- Sight gauges for steering/fan and implement/brake
- Stairway, left side rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Step for front windshield cleaning
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section. Base machine price includes a tire allowance.
- Premixed 50% concentration of extended life coolant with freeze protection to -34° C (-29° F)
- Bucket teeth, long (set of 8)
- Bucket teeth, short (set of 8)
- Bucket teeth, HD long (set of 8)
- Side bar protectors (set of 2)
- Engine Compartment
- Warning Beacon
- Auto Lube
- Left/Right with Roading Fenders
- Right Hand
- Cold weather starting system: • Diesel fuel heater • Heater, engine coolant
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
my cat 246 was running fine when we parked it . the next day turned the key on, had buzzer, glow plu... [More]
I've got an older colleague with a 307C 2004-model excavator. He came to me asking if it's possible... [More]
please give any advice to me.. i have using caterpillar 3512 generator from last 4 months in my... [More]