The new 950M Wheel Loader has a Tier 4 Final/Stage IV ACERT engine equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components. Applying proven technologies systematically and strategically lets us meet our customer’s high expectations for productivity and fuel efficiency. Deep system integration results in reduced emissions, improved performance and improved fuel economy without interrupting machine performance making it seamless to operators. The reliability, durability, and versatility of the 950M result in a machine that is better built to meet your needs.
More Powerful, Reliable Engine Electronics
Cold Start Package
- High Performance across a variety of applications.
- Enhanced Reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized Uptime and Reduced Cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized Impact of Emission Systems – Designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Durable Designs with long life to overhaul.
- Delivering Better Fuel Economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
Engine and Emissions
Efficient Systems and Components
Advanced Systems with Innovative Integration
Next Generation Fuel Systems
Cat NOx Reduction System
Touch Screen Display
Optional Electro-Hydraulic (EH) Joystick Steering with Force Feedback (Speed Sensitive)
Implement Controls (EH)
Optimized Z-bar Linkage
High Lift Linkage
Industrial and Waste Handler
Performance Series Buckets
- Load Easy, Fuel Efficient, Carry More – Performance Series Buckets utilize a system-based approach to balance bucket shape with the machine’s linkage, weight, lift and tilt capacities. Operators benefit from reduced dig times and better material retention; ultimately translating into significant productivity and fuel efficiency improvements.
- Lower Operating Costs – Performance Series Buckets feature a longer floor that easily digs through the pile and provides excellent visibility for the operators to see when the bucket is full. Less time digging in the pile results in lower fuel consumption and improved tire life. A unique spill guard protects the cab and linkage components from material overflow.
- Higher Productivity – Performance Series Buckets achieve higher fill factors – ranging from 100% to 115% depending on the machine application and material type. The buckets feature a curved side profile to maximize material retention. The optimized design results in unsurpassed production capabilities.
Fusion Quick Coupler – Improved Machine Performance
Fusion Quick Coupler – No Loss of Performance
Fusion Quick Coupler – Unsurpassed Durability
Fusion Quick Coupler – Increased Visibility
Fusion Quick Coupler – Common Interface Compatibility
Cat Production Measurement
Rear Vision Camera
Customer Support Agreements
- Cat Product Link – Cat Product Link allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet management effectiveness. Product Link is deeply integrated into machine systems. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more.
- S·O·S Services – Helps manage component life and decrease machine downtime, increasing productivity and efficiency. Regular fluid sampling can help track what is going on inside your machine. Wear related problems are predictable and easily repairable. Maintenance can be done to accommodate your schedule, resulting in increased uptime and flexibility in maintenance repairs before failure.
- New M Series Tier 4 Final/Stage IV Engine, Hydraulics, Transmission and Ride Control – Deep system integration results in reduced emissions, more productivity, lower fuel consumption, without interrupting machine performance – making it seamless to you and your operators.
- New Manual/Automatic Differential Locks – Increase traction, reduce tire scuffing compared to other traction aids, further reducing your operating costs.
- New External Caliper Disc Parking Brakes – Easily accessible for maintenance.
- Lock-up-Clutch Torque Converter and Shift Strategy – Reduced torque interruption increases driveline efficiency, conserving fuel. Auto 1-4 transmission mode keeps engine rpm low, reducing fuel consumption while delivering optimal machine performance.
- Machine Configuration – Select the correct linkage, guarding, work tool and tire type based on machine application. Radial tires are preferred; ensure proper inflation pressures. Heavier tires burn more fuel.
- Performance Series Buckets – Deliver faster fill times and better material retention, ultimately reducing cycle times while improving productivity and fuel efficiency.
Enabling Application Efficiency
- Loading Bucket – Load in first gear and keep engine rpm low. Raise and tilt bucket smoother, with Caterpillar’s multi-function capability, and do not use a “pumping” motion. Avoid lift lever detent and use of transmission neutralizer. Use programmable kick-outs and automatic cylinder snubbing during repeated cycles.
- Loading Truck or Hopper – Do not raise the work tool any higher than necessary. Keep engine rpm low and unload in controlled manner.
- Idle – Set the parking brake to engage Engine Idle Management System to conserve fuel.
- Job Site Layout – Spot loading targets in the right position. Avoid traveling more than twice the machine length during short cycle loading. Reduce transport distance for load and carry cycles by optimizing job site layout.
- Improved fuel efficiency – less fuel consumed results in lower emissions.
- Machines are built with a 97% recyclability rate (ISO 16714) to conserve valuable natural resources and further enhance machine end of life value.
- Improved operator efficiency through enhanced visibility and reduced noise levels.
- Link technologies enable you to collect and analyze equipment and job site data so you can maximize productivity and reduce costs.
- Major components are rebuildable, eliminating waste and saving money by giving the machine and/or major components a second life – and even a third life.
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
- Your Cat dealer is ready to help you every step of the way. From new or used machine sales, to rental or rebuild options, your Cat dealer can provide an optimal solution to your business needs.
- Unsurpassed worldwide parts availability, trained technicians and customer support agreements maximize your machine uptime.
- Financing options are offered to meet a variety of customer needs.
- Cab, pressurized and sound suppressed (ROPS/FOPS)
- Viscous mounts
- Multi-function 18 cm (7 in) color LCD touch-screen display for rear vision camera image display (reverse travel activated) and machine status, setting and health parameters
- EH controls, SAL (single axis lever) lift and tilt function
- Steering, steering wheel
- Radio ready (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers and converter (12V, 10-amp)
- Air conditioner, heater, and defroster (auto temp and fan)
- EH parking brake
- Beverage holders (2) with storage compartment for cell phone/MP3 player
- Bucket/work tool function lockout
- Coat hook (2)
- Cab air filter
- Ergonomic cab access ladders and handrails
- Horn, electric
- Light, two dome (cab)
- Mirrors, rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Post mounted membrane 16 switch keypad
- 2 receptacles, 12V
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt, 51 mm (2 in) retractable, with indicator
- Sun visor, front
- Wet-arm wipers/washers front and rear, intermittent front wiper
- Window, sliding (left and right sides)
- Cab tie-off
- With following gauges: – Speedometer/tachometer – Digital gear range indicator – Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) level – Temperature: engine coolant, hydraulic oil, transmission oil – Fuel level
- With following warning indicators: – Regeneration – Temperature: axle oil, engine intake manifold – Pressure: engine oil, fuel pressure hi/low, primary steering oil, service brake oil – Battery voltage hi/low – Engine air filter restriction – Hydraulic oil filter restriction – Hydraulic oil low – Parking brake – DEF low level – Transmission filter bypass
- Batteries (2), maintenance free 1,400 CCA
- Ignition key; start/stop switch
- Starter, electric, heavy duty
- Starting and charging system (24V)
- Lighting system: – Four halogen work lights (cab mounted) – Two LED stop, turn, tail lights – Two halogen roading lights (with signals) – Two halogen rear vision lights (hood mounted)
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 145-amp brushed
- Main disconnect switch
- Receptacle start (cables not included)
- Link technologies: Product Link
- Detect technologies: rear vision camera
- Engine, Cat C7.1 ACERT – meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards
- Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and remote Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel/water separator
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Economy Mode (selectable)
- Transmission, automatic countershaft power shift (5F/3R)
- Torque converter, locking clutch with free wheel stator
- Switch, transmission neutralizer lockout
- Axles, manually actuated differential lock front axle, open differential rear axle
- Axles, ecology drains
- Brakes, full hydraulic enclosed wet-disc with Integrated Braking System (IBS)
- Brake wear indicators
- Parking brake, disc and caliper
- Fan, radiator, electronically controlled, hydraulically driven, temperature sensing, on demand
- Linkage, optimized Z-bar, cast crosstube/tilt lever
- Kickout, lift and tilt, automatic (adjustable in cab)
- Hydraulic system, load sensing
- Steering, load sensing
- Ride control, 2V
- Remote diagnostic pressure taps
- Hoses, Cat XT
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seal
- Hydraulic oil cooler (swing out)
- Oil sampling valves
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Hood, non-metallic power tilting with rear clamshell
- Service centers (electrical and hydraulic)
- Auto idle shutdown
- Fenders, steel front with mud-flap/rear with extension
- Ecology drains for engine, transmission, and hydraulics
- Grill, airborne debris
- Filters: fuel, engine air, engine oil, hydraulic oil, transmission
- Fuel cooler
- Grease zerks
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Precleaner rain cap
- Sight gauges: engine coolant, hydraulic oil, and transmission oil level
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Door, remote opening system
- Cover, HVAC metallic
- EH controls, SAL 3rd function: – Additional roller switch for 4th function
- EH controls, joystick lift and tilt: – Additional integrated roller switches for 3rd and 4th functions
- Filter, carbon fresh air
- Mirrors, heated rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Precleaner, HVAC
- Precleaner, HVAC (RESPA)
- Radio, AM/FM/USB/MP3 Bluetooth
- Radio, AM/FM/CD/USB/MP3 Bluetooth
- Radio, AM/FM/CD/USB/MP3 Bluetooth with Satellite Sirius and XM
- Radio, CB ready
- Seat, heated air suspension
- Seat belt, 76 mm (3 in) retractable, with indicator
- Steering, EH joystick, speed sensing with force feedback
- Roof, metallic
- Steering, secondary
- Sun visor, rear
- Windows, rubber mounted
- Windows, with front guard
- Windows, with full guards front, rear and sides
- Full time rear vision display (WAVS)
- Four additional halogen cab mounted work lights or;
- Four additional HID cab mounted work lights
- LED front and rear roading lights
- Forward roading lights with LED turn signal
- Warning amber strobe beacon
- Reversing strobes
- Cold start – 120V
- Cold start – 240V
- Link technologies: VIMS™
- Payload technologies: – Aggregate Autodig – Cat Production Measurement – Printer, Cat Production Measurement
- Detect technologies: dedicated display for rear vision camera, full-time activation
- Machine Security System
- Axles: – Automatic front/rear differential locks – Axle oil cooler – Extreme temperature seals – Seal guards
- Fan, VPF (variable pitch fan), automatic and manual control
- Radiator, high debris with wider fin spacing
- High lift
- Quick coupler ready
- Performance Series buckets
- Fusion quick coupler
- Forks, pallet
- Forks, logging
- 3rd function with Ride Control: – Standard linkage – High lift linkage – Forestry linkage
- 4th function with Ride Control: – Standard linkage – High lift linkage – Forestry linkage
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to –50° C (–58° F)
- Fenders, roading
- Guard, power train
- Precleaner, turbine
- Precleaner, trash
- Platform, window washing
- Cold weather package: – Transmission filter bypass – Fan pump bypass – Jacket water or engine block heater – Ether aid ready
- Industrial and Waste Handler
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
Have a freightliner with a Caterpillar C7 engine. Cannot find the belt diagram on the truck&nbs... [More]
I need to replaced the engine mount bushings on my 242D but the bolts hit the fuel tank.I there a se... [More]
How can i verify that theres actually a high pressure in crankcase? Before shutdown, MPD also diplay... [More]