The Cat® 938K Wheel Loader sets a new standard for productivity, fuel efficiency and comfort. Extremely low sound levels, large spacious cab and intuitive controls keep you working comfortably all day long. The new optimized Z-bar loader linkage delivers the performance and breakout forces of a traditional Z-bar linkage with the parallelism and load handling capability of a tool carrier. Experience the new industry benchmark.
Optimized Z-bar Linkage
- Parallel lift and high tilt forces throughout the working range help you safely and confidently handle loads with precise control.
- Linkage features excellent visibility to the bucket cutting edge and fork tips.
- High Lift version is also available.
Best Seat on the Job Site
- Extremely low sound levels.
- Superior visibility to the work tool due to wide curved windshield, redesigned Z-bar linkage, lines routing and work tool design.
- Automatic climate control.
- A heated and ventilated seat option is available for added comfort in a wide range of climates.
- Seat-mounted, ergonomic joystick for lift and tilt functions. Joystick includes integrated Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch, differential lock trigger and optional third and fourth function auxiliary hydraulics.
- Easy access to the cab with ergonomically placed grab rails, walk-up steps and large platform.
Easy to Use Instrument Panel and Display
- Machine information and diagnostics at a glance.
- Real time and historic fuel usage.
- Backup camera display.
- Help button plus 22 language capability.
- Adjustment of functions such as creep, third function flow, throttle and rimpull.
Intelligent Power Management
- Passive regeneration system - designed to manage itself so you don’t have to.
- Diesel particulate filter that is matched to the anticipated engine overhaul life.
- Class-leading fuel efficiency, significantly reducing owning and operating costs.
- Configurable auto idle shut down feature as standard equipment.
- Four speed ranges ensure maximum controllability for any task.
- Rimpull control enables you to match available tractive power to underfoot conditions, helping reduce tire wear.
- Creeper control lets you adjust machine groundspeed when using work tools such as brooms, snow blowers and brushcutters.
- Throttle lock feature allows you to maintain constant engine RPM regardless of machine speed.
Axles and Brakes
Load-Sensing Hydraulic System
- Programmable in-cab kick-outs are easy to set on the go for tilt, lower and lift. This feature is ideal for applications where the work cycle is repeatable.
- Caterpillar exclusive electro-hydraulic snubbing at programmed kickouts and rack/dump stops greatly improves operator comfort and component life in addition to improved material retention.
- Adjustable third function flow through the secondary display (when equipped) for use with hydro-mechanical work tools.
- Optional Ride Control System provides an even smoother ride and excellent material retention.
- Designed with dedicated pumps for steering and implements so there is no compromise in cycle times and effi ciency for multi-function operation.
The Right Tool for the Job
Performance Series Buckets
- Light Material
- Multi Purpose
- Sand and Gravel
- High Dump
- Wood Chip
Material Handling Work Tools
- Pallet Forks
- Construction Forks
- Material Handling Arm
Work Tools for Special Applications
- Dozer Blades
- Snow Plows
- Log and Lumber Forks
- Pipe and Pole Forks
- Side Dump Buckets
- Grapple Buckets
- Grading Buckets
Configure the Machine the Way You Want It
- Coupler Options
- High Lift Linkage
- Counterweight Options
- HID Lights
- Turbine Precleaner
- Rear Camera in Grill
- 3rd and 4th Function Hydraulics
Additional options include:
- Power Train Side Guards
- Driveshaft Guard
- Rear Waste Gate
- RESPA Cab Filtration
- Lower Power Train Guard
- Crankcase Guard
- Full Coverage Fenders
- Optional Toolbox
Easy Service Access
- Diesel particulate filter that is matched for anticipated engine overhaul life. Passive regeneration system requires no operator interaction.
- Caterpillar exclusive electric fuel priming pump.
- Jump start studs as standard equipment.
- Single plane cooling system with 6 fins per inch coolers as standard.
- Swing-up air conditioner condenser for easy clean out.
- Product Link ready (standard).
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
- Axle seal guards
- Auto idle shut down feature
- Brake/decelerator pedal
- Cat C6.6 ACERT™ engine
- Coolant protection to -34° C (-29° F)
- Differential lock in front axle
- Differential rear open
- Dry type air cleaner
- Enclosed wet disc full hydraulic brakes
- Fuel priming pump, automatic
- Fuel water separator
- Hydraulically driven demand cooling fan
- Hydrostatic transmission with electronic speed range control
- Lubed for life driveshafts
- Parking brake, electric
- Single plane cooling system with remote coolant reservoir
- S•O•S port, engine, coolant and transmission oil
- Thermal starting aid (glow plugs)
- Throttle lock
- Transmission directional control on implement joystick
- Transmission sight gauge
- Transmission oil cooler
- Heavy duty hydraulic cooler
- Hydraulic diagnostic connectors and S•O•S
- Hydraulic sight gauge, visible
- Load sensing hydraulics and steering
- Seat-mounted hydraulic controls with F/N/R
- Alternator, 115-amp, heavy duty
- 12V power supply in cab (2)
- Batteries, 1,000 CCA (2)
- 24 volt system
- Back-up alarm
- Battery disconnect switch
- Beacon ready
- Diagnostic connector
- Directional signals front and rear
- Emergency shutdown switch
- Halogen work lights front and rear
- Heavy duty gear reduction starter
- LED rear stop tail turn lights
- Remote jump start post
- Resettable main and critical function breakers
- Roading lights front and rear
- 75 mm (3 in) retractable seatbelt
- Automatic temperature control
- Cab, enclosed ROPS/FOPS pressurized and sound suppressed
- Cup holder
- External heated mirrors
- Ground level cab door release
- Gauges: • Digital direction indicator • Digital hour meter and odometer • Digital speedometer • Engine coolant temperature gauge • Fuel level indicator • Hydraulic oil temperature gauge • Tachometer
- Hydraulic control lockout
- Interior cab lighting, door and dome
- Interior rearview mirrors (2)
- Lunch box storage
- Operator warning system indicators
- Radio ready speakers
- Rear window defrost, electric
- Removable floormat
- Seat-mounted electronic implement controls, adjustable
- Sliding glass on the side windows
- Steering column mounted multi function control - lights, wipers, turn signal
- Suspension seat, fabric
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Tinted front glass
- Wet arm wiper/washer, 2-speed and intermittent, front
- Wet arm wiper/washer, rear
- Automatic bucket/fork positioner, adjustable in-cab
- Automatic lift and bucket kickouts, adjustable in-cab
- Large-access enclosure doors with adjustable close/open force
- Parallel lift loader linkage with sealed pins
- Recovery hitch with pin
- Remote mounted lubrication points
- Toolbox, lockable
- Vandalism protection - lockable compartments
- Deluxe cab
- Secondary display
- Rearview camera
- Automatic blower control
- Electrically adjustable external heated mirrors (2)
- LED interior lighting
- Secondary display
- Ether starting aid
- Block heater
- Additional batteries (2)
- Power train, lower
- Power train, side
- Radio ready with Bluetooth interface, microphone and auxiliary inputs for MP3 players
- Radio, AM/FM with CD player
- Radio, AM/FM with CD player deluxe, Bluetooth interface, microphone and auxiliary inputs for MP3 players
- Deluxe seat - fully adjustable fabric air suspension seat with high seat backrest
- Premium seat - fully adjustable heated fabric air suspension seat with high seat backrest and lumbar support
- Dual mode
- Bias ply, 20.5-25
- Radial, 17.5 R25, 20.5 R25, 550/65 R25, 650/65 R25
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
my cat 246 was running fine when we parked it . the next day turned the key on, had buzzer, glow plu... [More]
I've got an older colleague with a 307C 2004-model excavator. He came to me asking if it's possible... [More]
please give any advice to me.. i have using caterpillar 3512 generator from last 4 months in my... [More]