Rated Net Power 128.0 hp
Model Cat® C6.6
SAE J1349 128.0 hp
ISO 9249 (1997) 130.0 hp
EEC 80/1269 130.0 hp
SAE J1349 138.0 hp
Max. Net Power @ 1800 rpm 138.0 hp
ISO 9249 (1997) 139.0 hp
EEC 80/1269 139.0 hp
Bore 4.13 in
Stroke 5.0 in
Displacement 403.0 in3
Net Torque 482.0 ft-lb
Peak Torque 496.0 ft-lb
Operating Weight 24180.0 lb
Bucket Capacities 1.7 m3 - 2.1 m3 2.2 yd3 - 2.7 yd3
Wheelbase 9.19 ft
Height to Top of ROPS/FOPS 10.59 ft
Height to Top of Exhaust Stack 10.53 ft
Height to Top of Hood 7.28 ft
Height to Center of Axle 2.27 ft
Ground Clearance 1.43 ft
Overall Length 22.63 ft
Length - Rear Axle to Bumper 6.44 ft
Center Line of Front Axle-Hitch 4.59 ft
Dump Clearance-Max Lift-45° 9.28 ft
Bucket Clearance-Max Lift/Carry 11.26 ft
Bucket Pin Height at Max Lift 12.33 ft
Overall Height - Bucket Raised 15.78 ft
Reach at Max Lift and 45° Dump 2.6 ft
Carry Height 1.43 ft
Digging Depth 1.65 in
Static Tipping Load (Full Turn) 16844.0 lb
Reach - full lift/45 degree dump angle 2.583 ft
Dump clearance - Full lift/45 degree dump angle 9.25 ft
Articulation Angle 40.0 Degrees
Loader Hydraulic System
Output at 2300 engine rpm and 6900 kPa (1000 psi) with SAE 10W oil at 65°C (150°F) 39.5 gal/min
Pump flow - Implement pump 40.15 gal/min
Relief Pressure - Implement pump 3755.0 psi
Maximum working pressure 3755.0 psi
Hydraulic cycle time: 9 Seconds
Raise 5.2 Seconds
Dump 1.1 Seconds
Lower, empty, float down 2.7 Seconds
Total 9.0 Seconds
Bore 4.25 in
Stroke 29.7 in
Bore 4.75 in
Stroke 20.5 in
Size 20.5 R25 Radial (L-3)
Tread Width 6.2 ft
Steering Articulation 40.0 Degrees
Minimum turning radius (over tire) 200.0 in
Steering angle, each direction 40.0 Degrees
Steering cylinders, two, bore 2.75 in
Hydraulic output at 2300 engine rpm and 6900 kPa (1000 psi) 27.0 gal/min
Maximum working pressure 3000.0 psi
Standard transmission max travel speeds: 23.9 mph
Forward 1 4.2 mph
2 7.6 mph
3 13.5 mph
4 23.9 mph
Reverse 1 4.2 mph
2 7.6 mph
3 13.5 mph
Forward 1 2.3 mph
Optional low speed transmission max travel speeds: 24.2 mph
2 4.7 mph
3 12.2 mph
4 24.2 mph
Reverse 1 2.5 mph
2 5.0 mph
3 13.2 mph
Service Refill Capacities
Fuel tank 59.4 gal
Cooling system 8.5 gal
Crankcase 4.4 gal
Transmission 6.1 gal
Front 5.5 gal
Rear 5.5 gal
Hydraulic system (including tank) 33.0 gal
Hydraulic tank 18.5 gal
ROPS SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471-1994
FOPS SAE J231 JAN81, ISO 3449-1992 Level II
Delivers maximum rimpull to the ground and full power to loader hydraulics.
The Cat C6.6 engine provides cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability. The 96 kW (128) rated net power engine meets all worldwide emissions standards and features flatter power curve for outstanding response in the working RPM range (1,900 to 2,300), noise reduction technologies for up to 5 dB reduction, and patented ACERT™ Technology combined with common rail fuel system, smart waste gate turbocharger and crossflow head design for reduced emissions.Cat Axles
Standard front axle diff-lock and optional rear Limited Slip Differential ensure outstanding traction in poor underfoot conditions. Heavy-duty axles feature hardened gears and bearings for durable performance. Rear axle oscillates up to 12 degrees to help assure four-wheel ground contact for optimum traction and stability.Cat Transmission
Rugged Cat transmission uses heavy-duty components for durable and reliable operation. The operator can choose between manual shift and two autoshift modes, Performance or Economy. Performance mode provides maximum acceleration while the economy mode increases fuel economy and improves operator comfort.
System provides high efficiency wtih low effort and precise control.
Time tested hydraulic system provides low effort operation and superior control. Fast loader cycle times help you get more done.Dual Hydraulic Pumps System
Load-sensing steering pump provides outstanding response during heavy and light duty operations. Load sensing implement hydraulics provide exceptional second gear hydraulic-to-rimpull match for better material handling.Ride Control System
The optional Ride Control System provides a comfortable ride and excellent material retention. Nitrogen charged accumulator enables optimum cushioning over uneven terrain for all loads and speeds. The system operates in Automatic - as the loader ground speed exceeds 5 kph (3 mph) the system will activate, below 5 kph (3 mph) the system is off providing maximum lift power.
Strong design delivers superior performance.
Z-bar design linkage generates excellent breakout force and ample rack back angle for better bucket loading and load retention. Lift arms are solid steel, providing superior strength with an excellent front end viewing area. The proven design offers excellent dump clearance and reach for exceptional truck loading performance.
Superior comfort keeps you productive, all day long.
Experience comfort and convenience in the H-Series cab. The spacious interior and ergonomic controls keep you comfortable throughout the work day. Choose the seat that meets your needs - the standard, fully adjustable seat or the optional Cat Contour seat for added adjustment and air suspension. The two-door design lets you enter and exit from either side of the machine and wide, serrated steps provide stable footing. Both doors lock open 180 degrees and feature sliding glass windows for better communication with workers on the ground. Large flat glass windows provide excellent visibility all around the machine. The rear window features a standard electric defroster.Controls
Low effort, ergonomic joystick controls provide easy operation of lift and tilt functions. The standard joystick features an integrated directional control switch for added convenience. The operator programmable transmission neutralizer can be set in seconds optimizing brake effort for all applications.Instrument Panel
The sealed instrument panel with easy to read white faced gauges and indicators keeps the operator informed of system conditions. The large LED readout provides ground speed and other critical information.Optional Rear View Camera
This work area visual enhancement system uses a closed circuit video monitoring system. Up to three cameras can be mounted on the machine frame. Objects can be viewed on a color LCD monitor in the cab.
Cat Buckets are built for high performance.
The Right Bucket for the Job
Caterpillar offers a variety of buckets to meet you specific job requirements. Careful match of the bucket design and machine operating characteristics provide the best digging, loading and carrying performance.General Purpose Buckets
Ground Engaging Tools
Caterpillar general purpose buckets, available in 1.8 m3 (2.4 yd3) and 2.1 m3 (2.7 yd3) capacities with bolt-on cutting edge, are suitable for most general applications. Features include:
- Improved bucket design with longer floor and larger radius for easier flow of material into the bucket
- Built-in, replaceable heel wear plates for extended bucket life.
Ground engaging tools include hardened steel cutting edges, choice of short or long teeth and a variety of tooth adapters. These tools optimize performance, improve load retention and extend the useful life of Caterpillar buckets.Versatility
For expanded machine versatility, factory installed quick couplers and other special purpose buckets are also available. Contact your Caterpillar dealer for details.
Easy access and minimal maintenance requirements keep your machine on the job.
Convenient Service Features
All service points are accessible from ground level on the right side of the engine. Gull-wing doors with gas struts lift for exceptional access to filters and service points. Extended service intervals reduce service time and increase machine availability.
- Sight gauges let you easily check radiator coolant, hydraulic oil and transmission oil levels as well as engine air filter restriction without opening the air cleaner.
- Standard pressure taps allow quick diagnosis of the entire hydraulic system.
- SOSSM ports make oil sampling quicker, cleaner and provide the best oil sample for analysis.
- Spin-on filters for engine oil, transmission oil and hydraulic oil are vertically mounted for easier servicing.
- 924Hz features a standard electronic fuel prime pump.
- Sequentially placed radiator and oil coolers are easy to access.
- Swing-out cooling fan allows quick and easy cleaning and servicing of the radiator. The fan is hydraulically driven and separate from the engine compartment for low noise operation.
- Optional reversing fan cleans screens without interrupting machine operation.
Unmatched support makes the difference.
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs.
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine, so you can make the right choice.
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.
- Alternator, 95-amp
- Alarm, back-up
- Batteries, maintenance-free, 950 CCA, (2)
- Directional signals (front & rear)
- Starting and charging system, 24V
- Halogen work lights (front & rear)
- Ignition key start/stop switch
- Roading lights
- Starting aid, thermal
- Switch, battery disconnect
- Standard two door cab includes all of the following items:
- Sun visor
- Radio ready kit
- External mirrors
- 12 volt electrical accessory outlet
- Work lights, four cab-mounted (two front, two rear)
- Sealed Instrument Gauge: • Engine RPM • Hydraulic oil temperature • Engine coolant temperature • Torque converter oil temperature • Digital LED speedometer, hour meter/odometer
- Indicator Lights: • Turn signal • Primary steering malfunction • Hydraulic oil bypass • Parking brake applied • Brake charge pressure low • Transmission oil temperature • General warning • Electrical system voltage low • Fuel water separator • Bright lights activated
- Adjustable tilt steering column
- Coat hook
- Ground level door release
- Horn, steering wheel mounted (electric)
- Hydraulic control lever lockout
- Interior light
- Lunch box storage with cup holder
- Pilot hydraulic implement controls
- Rear window defroster, electric
- Rear view mirrors (2 inside)
- Seat, adjustable suspension, armrest (fabric or vinyl)
- Seat belt, 75 mm (3 in), retractable
- Tinted safety glass
- Wet arm front & rear wiper/washer, front intermittent
- Engine, Caterpillar C6.6 ACERT• Low emission diesel engine • Noise reduction technology• Smart waste gate turbocharged• Aftercooled • Filtered Breather• Electronically controlled
- Air cleaner, dry type
- Automatic tensioning poly-V belt
- Axle seal guards, integrated
- Brakes, enclosed wet-disc full hydraulic
- Differentials, diff-lock on front
- Differentials, conventional rear
- Driveshaft, lubed for life
- Electric fuel prime pump
- Engine speed control
- Fuel/water separator
- Radiator, unit serviceable
- S•O•S oil sampling port, engine oil
- S•O•S oil sampling port, transmission oil
- Torque converter
- Transmission, 4F/3R, autoshift, single lever control with F/N/R and kickdown button
- Transmission neutralizer; operator programmable
- Hydraulic diagnostic connectors
- Heavy duty hydraulic oil cooler
- Hydraulic control, 2-valve, 1-lever with F/N/R
- Load-sensing steering system
- S•O•SSM oil sampling port, hydraulic oil
- S•O•SSM coolant sampling port
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Antifreeze/coolant, extended-life protects to -36°C (-33°F)
- Automatic bucket positioner/fork positioner
- Brakes, secondary and parking
- Engine enclosure, lockable
- Fenders, front
- Hitch, recovery
- Loader linkage, z-bar
- Lift kickout, automatic
- Machine Security System ready
- Product Link ready
- Remote grease lines
- Steering stops, cushioned
- Swing-out, hydraulically driven demand fan
- Vandalism protection, lockable service points
- Visual indicators: - air cleaner service - coolant level - hydraulic oil - transmission oil
Antifreeze/coolant, extended-life, protects to -50°C (-58°F)
Axles, Rear Limited Slip Differential
Beacon light, strobe, magnetic-mount
Buckets/ground engaging tools
Counterweight, additional, optional
Deluxe Cab arrangement includes:• Sun visor• Rear sunscreeen• Radio ready kit• External heated mirrors• Work lights, six cab-mounted (four front, two rear)
Fenders, roading, rear
Guards: • Crankcase • Driveshaft, front • Power train • Lights • Radiator
Hydraulic control auxiliary, third valve
Load check valves (dealer installed)
Machine Security System
Material handling arm
Pallet forks, carriage
Radiator, wide fin spacing, 5.5 fpi
Radio packages:• Radio, AM/FM• Radio, AM/FM with CD player
Rear-view camera system
Ride Control System
Seat, Cat Contour Seat, fabric, electrically adjustable with air suspension
Sound suppression package, available in select markets
Starting aid, engine coolant heater, 120V
Steering aid, ether
Tires: - Bias ply, 17.5 - 25 and 20.5 - 25 - Radial, 17.5 - R25 and 20.5 - R25