Engine Model Cat® C3.8 (turbocharged)
Net Flywheel Power 95.0 hp
Gross Power 98.0 hp
Gross Power SAE J1995 98.0 hp
Net Power SAE 1349 95.0 hp
Displacement 232.0 in3
Stroke 4.7 in
Bore 3.9 in
Rated Operating Capacity 3200.0 lb
Rated Operating Capacity w/Optional Counterweight 3450.0 lb
Tipping Load 6400.0 lb
Breakout Force, Tilt Cylinder 7405.0 lb
Breakout Force, Lift Cylinder 6100.0 lb
Operating Weight 8404.0 lb
Wheelbase 54.6 in
Length w/Bucket on Ground 151.6 in
Length w/o Bucket 123.6 in
Height to Top of Cab 82.8 in
Vehicle Width over Tires 76.0 in
Max Overall Height 159.4 in
Bucket Pin Height at Max Lift 126.6 in
Bucket Pin Height at Carry Pos. 7.9 in
Reach at Max Lift and Dump 30.9 in
Clearance at Max Lift and Dump 95.2 in
Ground Clearance 8.9 in
Departure Angle 25°
Bumper Overhang - Rear Axle 42.7 in
Maximum Dump Angle 52°
Turn Radius from Ctr - Rear 73.8 in
Turn Radius from Ctr - Coupler 58.9 in
Turn Radius from Ctr - Bucket 91.5 in
Max. Reach w/Arms-Parallel 50.7 in
Rack Back Angle at Max Height 83°
Bucket Pin Reach at Max Lift 16.1 in
Max. Loader Hydraulic Pressure 4061.0 psi
Max. Loader Hydraulic Flow 32.0 gal/min
Hydraulic Power 44.0 hp
Hydraulic Power 76.0 hp
Hydraulic Flow Standard
Loader Hydraulic Pressure 3335.0 psi
Loader Hydraulic Flow 23.0 gal/min
Hydraulic Flow High Flow XPS
ROPS SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471:1994
FOPS SAE J1043 SEPT87, ISO 3449:1992 Level I
FOPS Level II SAE J231 JAN81, ISO 3449:1992 Level II
Travel Speed Forward 6.6 mph
Travel Speed Reverse 6.6 mph
Travel Speed Forward - 2-Speed Option 9.4 mph
Travel Speed Reverse - 2-Speed Option 9.4 mph
Service Refill Capacities
Chain box, each side 2.3 gal
Cooling System 3.7 gal
Engine Crankcase 2.6 gal
Fuel Tank 30.8 gal
Hydraulic System 16.0 gal
Hydraulic Tank 10.3 gal
Superior comfort to keep you productive throughout the work day.
Sealed and Pressurized Cab
Comfort and ease of operation have been designed into every aspect of the operator station. The wide, spacious interior and uncluttered floor provide a comfortable work environment with excellent head, shoulder and leg room to keep productivity high and fatigue low. Operators spend long hours in the machine. The new sealed and pressurized cab keeps dust out and clean air in for greater operator comfort. Reduced sound levels within the cab also help reduce fatigue.Seat Mounted Joystick Controls
Ergonomic, seat mounted joystick controls enable a wide range of comfortable operating positions for operators of any size. The seat and controls are independently adjustable to meet the specific needs of the operator.Air Ride Seat Available
An air ride seat provides an unparalleled level of comfort in a skid steer loader.Advanced Machine Information and Control System
The optional Advanced Machine Information and Control System provides easy to read and understand information regarding hydraulic oil and engine coolant temperature, engine speed, Selectable Work Speed Control and Selectable Implement Control. It also includes a service mode for checking service codes and status of components.Additional Features for Maximum Comfort
- Easy to read instrument panels
- Optional air conditioner and heater provides greater comfort in extreme conditions
- Optional Selectable Pattern Control which allows the operator to select the control pattern they are most familiar with for greater productivity.
Vertical Lift Linkage
Built for tough working conditions.
Vertical Lift Design
The 272D features a vertical lift design, providing extended reach and lift height for quick and easy truck loading.
Aggressive performance with fuel efficiency.
Electronically controlled Cat C3.8 engine provides high horsepower and torque while meeting U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim (EU Stage IIIB) requirements.Hand and Foot Throttles
Hand and foot throttles allow the operator to match engine speed to the task. The hand throttle is ideal for jobs requiring constant engine speed such as cold planing, trenching or snow blowing. The foot throttle lets the operator vary engine speed and minimize fuel consumption for other tasks such as load and carry, truck loading, grading and dozing.Electronic Torque Management
The Electronic Torque Management system maximizes power to the ground and prevents the engine from stalling in tough digging and dozing applications for maximum productivity. The system allows part throttle operation which provides smoother machine operation and reduces fuel consumption.
Exceptional lift, breakout and power to meet your needs.
Hydraulic System High Flow XPS
Maximum power and reliability are built into the Cat Skid Steer Loader hydraulic system. In addition to providing power to the wheels, this system also provides the loader lift and tilt functions, powers the auxiliary circuit to drive work tools and drives the engine cooling fan. The hydraulic system features:
- Increased lift and tilt breakout forces allowing you to move more material and get more done.
- Continuous demand fan for improved fuel efficiency, increased horsepower, reduced sound levels and improved cold weather performance.
- Cat ToughGuard™ hoses for increased reliability and durability.
High flow XPS hydraulic system offers both increased flow and increased pressure to maximize work tool performance.Selectable Implement Control
The Selectable Implement Control option with three levels of control gives the operator the ability to adjust the responsiveness of the lift and tilt functions for more precise implement control.Speed Sensitive Ride Control
The optional Speed Sensitive Ride Control system delivers a smoother ride on uneven terrain for superior comfort. It allows for both higher speed operation and better material retention for increased productivity.
Do more jobs with one machine with Cat Work Tools.
The Right Tool for the Job Quick Couplers
Designed and built for optimum performance and durability, Cat Work Tools deliver high productivity in a variety of applications to maximize versatility:
- Blades (angle, dozer)
- Buckets (general purpose, high capacity, dirt, utility, light material, multi purpose, industrial grapple, utility grapple)
- Brooms (angle, pickup, utility)
- Cold Planers
- Forks (pallet, industrial grapple, utility grapple, utility)
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Landscape Tillers
- Landscape Rakes
- Material Handling Arm
- Power Box Rakes
- Snow Blowers
- Stump Grinders
- Vibratory Compactors
- Wheel Saws
Work tools can be changed quickly and easily with the Cat Skid Steer Loader’s quick coupler system. The standard quick coupler features manual engagement and disengagement of work tools using two high leverage handles. The optional hydraulic quick coupler allows the operator to quickly change tools without leaving the cab.AccuGrade™ Grade Control System for Skid Steer, Multi Terrain and Compact Track Loaders
Common to AccuGrade systems for Track-Type Tractors and Motor Graders, this deeply integrated solution automates the machine's electrohydraulic controls to achieve a consistent grade across the work site, improve accuracy and increase productivity, ultimately lowering operating and material costs.
Simplified service and maintenance save you time and money.
Convenient service features make maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Rear door opens 90 degrees for easy access to both sides of the engine.
- Cab tilts rearward for easy access to all hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, lines and hydraulic tank.
- Daily maintenance points are easily accessible.
- Wires are color coded and numbered for easy identification.
- SOS oil sampling valves are standard to allow regular monitoring of the engine and hydraulic oil quality.
Unmatched support makes the difference.
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after. Make detailed comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy - with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and the true cost of production. Flexible financing packages are available to meet your needs. Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front. Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost involved in repairing, rebuilding and replacing your machine so you can make the right choice. Nearly all parts available at the dealer parts counter to lower your machine downtime. Operator training can improve your operator’s techniques and boost your profits.
- 12 volt Electrical System
- 100 ampere Alternator
- Ignition Key Start/Stop Switch
- Lights: Gauge backlighting, two rear tail lights, two rear halogen working lights, two adjustable front halogen lights, dome light.
- Backup Alarm
- Heavy Duty Battery, 880 CCA
- Gauges: Fuel level, hour meter
- Operator Warning System Indicators: Air filter restriction, alternator output, armrest raised/operator out of seat, engine coolant temperature, engine oil pressure, glow plug activation, hydraulic filter restriction, hydraulic oil temperature, parking brake engaged, regeneration - engine emissions
- Vinyl seat
- Fold-in Ergonomic Contoured Armrest
- Control Interlock System, when operator leaves seat or armrest raised: Hydraulic system disables, hydrostatic transmission disables, parking brake engages.
- ROPS Cab, Open, Tilt Up
- FOPS, Level I
- Top and Rear Windows
- Headliner, Deluxe
- Floor Mat
- Interior Rear View Mirror
- 12 volt Electric Socket
- Hand (Dial) and Foot Throttle, Electronic with Decel Feature
- Cat C3.8, Turbo, Tier 4 Interim (Stage IIIB) Certified Engine
- Air Cleaner, Dual Element, Radial Seal
- SOSSM Sampling Valves, Engine Oil and Hydraulic Oil
- Filters, Cartridge-type, Hydraulic
- Filters, Cartridge-type, Fuel and Water Separator
- Radiator/Hydraulic Oil Cooler (side-by-side)
- Spring Applied, Hydraulically Released, Parking Brake
- Hydrostatic Transmission
- Four Wheel Chain Drive
- Engine Enclosure, Lockable
- Extended Life Antifreeze, -37° C (-34° F)
- Machine Tie Down Points (4)
- Support, Lift Arm
- Hydraulic Oil Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator Coolant Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator, Expansion Bottle
- Cat ToughGuard™ Hose
- Auxiliary, Hydraulics, Continuous Flow
- Heavy Duty, Flat Faced Quick Disconnects with Integrated Pressure Release
- Split D-Ring to Route Work Tool Hoses Along Side of Left Lift Arm
- Electrical Outlet, Beacon
- Belly Pan Cleanout
- Variable Speed Demand Fan
- Hydraulics, Standard or High Flow XPS
- Quick Coupler, Mechanical or Hydraulic
- Seat Belt, 50 mm (2 in) or 75 mm (3 in)
- Power Train, One Speed, Two Speed or Two Speed with Ride Control
- Tires, 12 x 16.5 or 14 x 17.5
- Comfort Package (must select one of the following):
- Open ROPS (C1): Cup Holder, Radio Ready, Suspension Seat (no heater or door)
- Enclosed ROPS with Heat (C2): Cup Holder, Radio Ready, Seat (choice of Suspension or Air Ride), Heater and Defroster, Side Windows, Door (either Glass or Polycarbonate)
- Enclosed ROPS with A/C (C3): Features of C2 Package plus Air Conditioner
- Performance Package (must select one of the following):
- Performance Package H1: Standard Flow Hydraulics
- Performance Package H2: Standard Flow, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level (raise and lower), Electronic Snubbing (lift)
- Performance Package H3: High Flow XPS, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level (raise and lower), Electronic Snubbing (lift)
Engine Block Heater--120V
Oil, Hydraulic, Cold Operation
Heavy Duty Battery, 1,000 CCA
Advanced Machine Information and Control System (AMICS)
Work Tool Return to Dig and Work Tool Positioner
AM/FM/Weather Band Receiver with CD Player and Auxiliary Input Jack