Engineered for reliable production in the toughest conditions. The 583T's high horsepower and rugged components are designed for tough and varied working conditions. This machine offers the reliability and durability expected from Cat Pipelayers.
- Boom and hook drawworks are driven by independent hydraulic winches.
- Oil-disc brakes provide smooth operation and positive retention of boom and hook positions.
- Modular design allows fast replacement, easy field service and testing.
- High parts interchangeability between hook and boom winch assemblies.
- Infinitely variable speed controls for both boom and hook allow precise control.
- Quick drop function on hook line control allows the operator to drop the load quickly
Counterweight and Frame
- Counterweight is extended hydraulically for improved load balance and clearance.
- Counterweight segments are contoured to provide a low center of gravity and enhanced forward and right side viewing area. Segments are splined to the counterweight assembly for ease of assembly and disassembly.
Blocks and Hook
- 7.3 m (24 ft) Boom is standard equipment with large box section.
- Replaceable, boom-mount bearings.
- High tensile strength steel construction.
- Allows for smaller sections for improved visibility.
- Lighter weight for increased payload.
- Durable for long life.
- Non-oscillating roller frames for greater stability in pipelaying applications.
- The recoil system is sealed and lubricated.
Optional Rollover Protective Structure
Clear Full-Circle View
Ergonomic Work Tool Controls
Cat Comfort Series Seat
- Seat cushion reduces the pressure on the lower back and thighs while allowing unrestricted arm and leg movement.
- Seat is raised and moved to the left providing improved all around visibility.
Variable Load Line Speed Range
Engine Speed Control
Optional Enclosed Cab
Screened Side Windows
ADEM™ A4 Engine Controller
MEUI Fuel System
ATAAC and Turbocharging
Differential Steering System
- Provides enhanced side slope capability.
- Two planetary gear sets (steering and drive) make up the “dual differential,” which performs the traditional drive function (forward or reverse). Unlike competitive machines, the differential also performs a steering function with input from the steering motor.
- A third planetary gear set, the “equalizing planetary,” resides inside the transmission case. It is connected to the dual differential, which provides a maximum speed difference between the right and left final drives during a turn.
- A dedicated variable-displacement hydraulic pump.
- A bi-directional, fixed-displacement steering motor.
- Heavy-duty steering drive gears.
Planetary Power Shift Transmission
- Modulation system permits fast speed and direction changes.
- Modular transmission and differential slide into rear case for servicing ease.
- Oil-to-water cooler for maximum cooling capacity.
- Forced oil flow lubricates and cools clutch packs to provide maximum clutch life.
Drawbar vs. Speed
Elevated Final Drives
- Isolated from ground and equipment induced impact loads for extended power train life.
- Crown-shaved drive gears provide smooth, quiet, low maintenance operation.
- Splash lubrication and Duo-Cone™ Seals extend service life
Rollers and Idlers
Positive Pin Retention (PPR) Sealed and Lubricated Track
Engine Oil Filter
Water Separator and Fuel Filter
Quick Disconnect Fittings
Caterpillar Product Link PL300 (optional)
- Alarm, Back up
- Alternator, 95-amp
- Batteries, 4, maintenance free
- Converter, 12V, 10 amp with 1 outlet
- Diagnostic connector (starting and charging system)
- Horn, forward warning
- Lights, halogen, 2 front - 2 rear
- Starting receptacle
- Armrest, adjustable
- Deactivation switch, hydraulic controls
- Pedal, Decelerator
- Pedal, Dual brake
- Hour meter
- Monitoring System, electronic warning
- Gauge package:
- Governor switch, electronic
- Key start, single
- Seat, vinyl suspension
- Seat belt, retractable
- Service indicator, air cleaner
- Steering system, differential
- Storage compartment
- Block and Hook, Heavy duty with roller bearings
- Boom, 7.3 m (24 ft)
- Counter weight, extendible segmented 9036 kg (19,920 lb)
- Drawworks, hydraulically actuated and controlled
- Hook with latch
- Advanced Modular Cooling System (AMOCS)
- Aftercooler, air to air (ATAAC)
- Engine, C15 with ACERT™ Technology
- Coolant, extended life with protection to -37° C (-34° F)
- Filter, air with electronic service indicator
- Electric starting, 24 volt direct
- Fan, hydraulically driven (suction)
- Final drives, four planet, double-reduction planetary
- Fuel priming pump, electric
- Parking brake, electronic
- Precleaner with dust ejector
- Ether starting aid
- Torque divider
- Transmission, electronically-controlled powershift, 3F/3R
- Transmission control module, electronic
- Turbocharger, wastegate
- Water separator
- Carrier roller
- Undercarriage, non-suspended with 9-roller, tubular track roller frame
- Lifetime Lubricated rollers and idlers
- Sprocket, segmented
- Bumper, front with towing device
- Drawbar, rigid
- Ecology drains
- Diagnostic pressure taps
- Hydraulics, pilot operated, pipelayer system
- Parts book, CD rom
- Oil cooler, hydraulic
- Product link ready
- S•O•SSM sampling ports
- Steering, electronically controlled power differential
- Vandalism protection for fluid compartments
- Enclosure, Perforated engine door
- Hood, Perforated
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, heavy duty
- Air conditioning
- Cab (includes)
- Dual pane cab windows
- Boom, 8.5 m (28 ft) and cables
- Protection pads, boom and load
- Enclosures, arctic engine
- Fan, auto reversible
- Fast Fuel System
- Heater, engine coolant, 120 volt
- Heater, diesel fuel
- Hood, solid
- Starting, low temperature
- Oil change system, quick
- Prelube, engine, automatic
- Coolant, Extended life -50° C (-58° F)
- Tracks, pair, Sealed and Lubricated:
- Cold weather arrangement
- Vandalism Protection
- Tool kit (dealer installed)
- ROPS, roll over protection system
- Product link, PL300
- Drawbar, heavy duty
- Parts Book, paper
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
my cat 246 was running fine when we parked it . the next day turned the key on, had buzzer, glow plu... [More]
I've got an older colleague with a 307C 2004-model excavator. He came to me asking if it's possible... [More]
please give any advice to me.. i have using caterpillar 3512 generator from last 4 months in my... [More]