Engine Model Cat® C4.2 ACERT™
Flywheel Power 125.0 hp
Gross Power 131.0 hp
ISO 9249 125.0 hp
Bore 4.0 in
Stroke 5.1 in
Displacement 259.0 in3
Net Power – SAE J1349 125.0 hp
Operating Weight 43872.0 lb
Operating Weight – Long Undercarriage 43872.0 lb
Operating Weight – Long Narrow Undercarriage 42946.0 lb
Maximum Drawbar Pull 46466.0 lb
Maximum Travel Speed 3.0 mph
Swing Torque 37394.0 lb ft
Swing Speed 11.1 RPM
Main Implement System – Maximum Flow (2x) 46.5 gal/min
Maximum Pressure – Implements 5076.0 psi
Maximum Pressure – Travel 5076.0 psi
Maximum Pressure – Swing 3336.0 psi
Pilot System – Maximum Flow 7.1 gal/min
Pilot System – Maximum Pressure 598.0 psi
Boom Cylinder – Bore 4.7 in
Boom Cylinder – Stroke 47.0 in
Stick Cylinder – Bore 5.1 in
Stick Cylinder – Stroke 53.7 in
Bucket Cylinder – Bore 4.3 in
Bucket Cylinder – Stroke 41.3 in
Service Refill Capacities
Fuel Tank 79.3 gal
Cooling System 5.8 gal
Engine Oil 5.2 gal
Swing Drive (each) 2.1 gal
Final Drive (each) 2.6 gal
Hydraulic System (including tank) 50.2 gal
Hydraulic Tank 28.0 gal
Cab/FOGS SAE J1356 FEB 88/ISO 10262
Performance ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT 98
Transport width 110.0 in
Counterweight Clearance 41.0 in
Length to Center of Rollers 12.0 ft
Shipping Height 10.16 ft
New levels of comfort, visibility and operation
Cab Prestart Check and Monitor Display
Experience a spacious, quiet and comfortable operator station. The cab is pressurized to reduce the amount of dust that enters the cab, keeping the operator comfortable the entire shift, while assuring high productivity during long work hours.
- The comfortable seat adjusts to suit the operator's size and weight. Available as an option is a heated, air suspension seat.
- Standard air conditioning with automatic climate control adjusts temperature and airflow.
- Low effort joystick controls are designed to match the operator's natural wrist and arm position. Joysticks can be operated with arms on the armrest. The horizontal and vertical strokes are designed to reduce fatigue.
Prior to starting the machine, the system checks for low engine oil, hydraulic oil and engine coolant fluid levels and warns the operator through a color Liquid Display (LCD) monitor. The LCD monitor displays vital operating and performance information in 27 different languages for operator convenience.Cab Exterior
The 319D L/319D LN provide a new cab design that allows the Falling Object Guard System (FOGS) to be bolted directly to the cab, at the factory or in the field, enabling the machine to meet specifications and job site requirements. The cab shell is attached to the frame with viscous rubber cab mounts that dampen vibrations and sound levels to enhance operator comfort.Machine Security System
An optional Machine Security System (MSS) utilizes a programmable key, deterring theft, vandalism and unauthorized usage. MSS uses electronically coded keys selected by the customer to limit usage by individuals or time parameters.
Clean, quiet operation with reduced fuel consumption.
The Cat C4.2 engine with ACERT Technology optimizes performance and meets U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA regulations. In conjunction with integrated electronics, ACERT Technology reduces emissions during the combustion process by using advanced technology in the air and fuel system. The Cat C4.2 engine delivers exceptional power, allowing more hydraulic pressure to drive productivity and reduce your cost per tone of material moved.Automatic Engine Control and Fuel Delivery
A two-stage control and one-touch low idle button maximizes fuel efficiency and reduces sound levels. Fuel delivery is managed by the ADEM™ A4 Engine Controller for the best performance per liter (gallon) of fuel used. Flexible fuel mapping allows the engine to respond quickly to varying application needs. Electronic controls govern the fuel injection system. Multiple injection fuel delivery involves a high level of precision and by precisely shaping the combustion cycle, lowers combustion chamber temperatures, generates fewer emissions and optimizes fuel combustion. This means more work output for your fuel cost.Crankshaft and Pistons
A forged, one-piece, induction hardened crankshaft enhances balance, decreases vibration and improves abrasion resistance. Heat resistant, aluminum alloy pistons have a short compression height for greater efficiency and longer life.Economy Mode
Accessible through the in-cab monitor, economy mode allows you to balance the demands of performance and fuel economy while maintaining the breakout forces and lift capacity enjoyed at standard power.
High efficiency and performance with low effort and precise control.
Outstanding Performance Boom and Stick Regeneration Circuit
With two percent more hydraulic pressure for additional lift and breakout forces, the 319D L/319D LN hydraulic system is designed for high efficiency and performance. Auxiliary hydraulic and electrical lines are routed to the boom foot as standard, making installation of hydraulic circuits much easier. This compact design utilizes shorter tubes and lines, reducing friction and pressure drops, resulting in a more efficient use of power.
- Hydraulic snubbers at the rod end of the boom cylinders and both ends of the stick cylinders cushion shock, reduce sound and increase cylinder life.
- Flow is reduced to a minimum when controls are in neutral to reduce fuel consumption and extend component life.
- Hydraulic Cross-Sensing System uses two hydraulic pumps up to 100 percent of available hydrauilc power under all operating conditions, improving productivity with faster implement speeds and quicker, stronger pivot turns.
- A longer undercarriage (versus 318C L/318C LN) and heavy counterweight option that provides additional 300 kg (600 lb) provide increased stability to better utilize breakout forces and hydraulic lifting capability.
The boom and stick electronic regeneration circuit saves energy during boom-down and stick-in operation, increasing efficiency and lowering operating costs.Easy Operation
Work mode and power mode switches have been eliminated making full power available at all times. Operators do not need to learn different modes, an automatic boom and swing priority function automatically selects the best mode based on joystick movement.
Undercarriage and Structures
Excellent stability and maneuverability.
Caterpillar uses advanced engineering and software to analyze all structures, creating a durable, reliable machine for the toughest applications. More than 70 percent of the structural welds are robotic and achieve additional penetration over manual welds. These structural components and undercarriage are the backbone of the machine's durability.Carbody Design
X-shaped, box section carbody provides excellent resistance to torsional bending. Robot-welded track roller frames are press-formed, pentagonal units that deliver exceptional strength and service life. Integral to the track roller frame are the standard idler and center guards, which help maintain track alignment when traveling or working on slopes.Grease Lubricated Track
Track links are assembled and sealed with grease to decrease wear and increase life by as much as 25 percent, when compared to dry seal undercarriages.Travel Motors
Travel motors with automatic speed selection let the 319D L/319D LN automatically change up and down from high and low speeds in a smooth, controlled manner.
Performance, reliability and durability.
Built for performance and long service life, Cat booms and sticks are welded, box-section structures with thick multi-plate high strength steel fabrications. The 319D L/319D LN offers one boom with three different stick options.Sticks
The three stick options provide flexibility to optimize and match reach, dig depth and lifting and digging forces to the application.Boom
The boom is designed for maximum digging capability and is robotic welded to ensure consistent quality. This allows excellent all-around versatility and a large working envelope.
Do more with less.
Caterpillar offers a variety of work tools including Hammers, Thumbs, Grapples, Multi-Processors, Shears, Pulverizers, Vibratory Compactors and Rippers to fit your needs. A wide range of buckets are also available to optimize machine performance.Auxiliary hydraulic and electrical lines are routed to the boom foot as standard for easier retrofit of auxiliary hydraulic circuits, therefore reducing time, parts and cost required to add a work tool.Hydraulic Pin Grabber Coupler
An optional hydraulic pin grabber coupler is available to pick up a wide variety of buckets and work tools without having to leave the cab, thus maximizing productivity.Cat K-Series™ Tooth System
The Cat K-Series Tooth System provides more wear material, a longer tip and adapter life, a one-piece vertical drive retainer, reliable tip retention and easy installation and removal, improving performance and penetration.Enhanced Systems
Work tool functionality has increased the versatility of the machine with the enhancement of the following:
- Optional Combined Function Circuit enables one or two pump flow in one or two directions. This single hydraulic circuit runs tools such as a hydraulic thumb, hammer, plate compactor, tilting bucket and auger.
- Tool Control System stores up to 10 different tool settings through the in-cab monitor. Cat Work Tools are selectable with preset flows and pressures.
- Optional Priority Flow System offers all the advantages of the Combined Function Circuit plus true priority flow for hydraulic work tools such as rotary mowers.
The 319D L/319D LN (depending on overall machine configuration) can typically meet federal gross weight transport limits for truck, trailer and machine combined.The Long Narrow (LN) undercarriage provides additional flexibility to meet the transport width limit of 2590 mm (8 ft 6 in) when equipped with 600 mm (24 in) track shoes, which is critical in some areas. This all adds up to more permit-free transportability, lowering operating costs and allowing frequent movement of the machine with less hassle.
Simplified service and maintenance saves time and money.
Designed with the service technician in mind, many service locations are at ground level so critical maintenance can be done quickly and efficiently. Longer maintenance intervals reduce cost and increase machine availability.
- LCD monitor has the capability to memorize working hours for filters, fluids, components and work tools. Working time histories and recommended change intervals can be displayed.
- Engine oil level check, fuel filters and priming pump are conviently located on the front of the engine for easy maintenance.
- An optional electronic fuel water sensor is available to alert the operator when the water level is high.
- Product Link assists with fleet management by tracking hours, location and product health.
- New anti-skid plates over the top of the storage box and upper structure help prevent slipping and mud from falling into the upper structure.
Equipped with S·O·SSM sampling ports and test ports for hydraulics, engine oil and coolant for quick diagnostics. A test connection for the Cat Electronic Technician (Cat ET) service tool is now located in the cab.Air Cleaner
A double-layered filter core in the radial seal air filter gives more efficient filtration. A warning is displayed on the monitor when dust accumulates above a preset level. This filter is conveniently located in the compartment behind the cab. An optional pre-cleaner is also available to extend filter life and reduce maintenance costs.Capsule Filter
Capsule-type, hydraulic return filter is accessible from outside the tank and prevents contaminants from entering the system when changing the hydraulic oil.Radiator Compartment
Horizontal air conditioner condenser swings out for easy cleaning. Removable screens are located in front of the radiator and hydraulic cooler, reducing cleaning time and effort.
Unmatched support makes the difference.
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Make detailed comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy - with estimates of component life, preventive maintenance and the true cost of production.
- Customize the machine that is right for you using the Build and Quote application on your dealer's web site or www.cat.com.
- Get the latest training literature and trained staff.
- Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front.
- Nearly all parts are available at dealer parts counters.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs.
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost involved in repairing, rebuilding and replacing your machine, so you can make the right choice.
Alternator, 50 amp
Automatic engine speed control
Automatic swing brake
Bolt-on Falling Object Guard System (FOGS) capability
- • AM/FM radio, 24-volt
- • Ashtray with cigar lighter
- • Coat hook
- • Drink holder
- • Economy mode
- • Horn
Counterweight 3.6 mt (7,940 lb)
Language display monitor (full graphic/full color display)
- • Clock
- • Filter/fluid change information
- • Level check for hydraulic oil, engine oil and coolant
- • Warning messages
Openable front windshield
Openable skylight with sunshade
Positive filtered ventilation
Travel control pedals with removable hand levers
Door locks and caps lock with one-key security system
Light, storage box mounted (1)
Mirrors (frame and cab)
- • Cat® C4.2 engine with ACERT™ Technology
- • 24-volt electric starter
- • Air intake heater
- • Water separator
Radial seal air filter, double element
Reverse swing damping valve
- • Hydraulic track adjusters
- • Idler and center section track guiding guards
- • Track-type undercarriage with grease lubricated seals
Auxiliary hydraulic lines for booms and sticks
Boom lowering and overload warning control device
Cab mounted working lights
Cab mounted working lights with time delay function
Cold weather start
Counterweight 3.9 mt (8,600 lb)
Fine swing control
Front windshield guard
Hand control pattern changer
Heavy-duty bottom guard
High ambient cooling system
Power supply 12V-7A
Pull down sunscreen
Rear view camera
Right-side boom lights
Secondary exit, rear window
Stick and boom combinations
- • 3.2 m (10 ft 6 in) stick
- • 2.7 m (8 ft 10 in) stick
- • 2.25 m (7 ft 5 in) stick
Straight travel pedal
Water level indicator with water separator