Engine Model Cat® C4.2 ACERT™
Flywheel Power 90.0 hp
Gross Power 97.0 hp
SAE J1349 90.0 hp
Bore 4.0 in
Stroke 5.1 in
Displacement 259.0 in3
Net Power – SAE J1349 90.0 hp
Operating Weight 30865.0 lb
Operating Weight – Standard Undercarriage 30865.0 lb
Operating Weight – Long Undercarriage 31085.0 lb
Maximum Drawbar Pull 25402.0 lb
Travel Speed 3.4 mph
Swing Torque 22825.0 lb ft
Swing Speed 11.5 RPM
Main Implement System – Maximum Flow (2x) 32.2 gal/min
Maximum Pressure – Implements 4424.0 psi
Maximum Pressure – Travel 5076.0 psi
Maximum Pressure – Swing 3336.0 psi
Pilot System – Maximum Flow 5.57 gal/min
Pilot System – Maximum Pressure 598.0 psi
Blade – Maximum Flow 12.42 gal/min
Blade System - Maximum Pressure 2988.0 psi
Boom Cylinder – Bore 4.3 in
Boom Cylinder – Stroke 39.4 in
Stick Cylinder – Bore 4.7 in
Stick Cylinder – Stroke 47.1 in
Bucket Cylinder – Bore 3.9 in
Bucket Cylinder – Stroke 37.0 in
Service Refill Capacities
Fuel Tank 49.0 gal
Cooling System 5.0 gal
Engine Oil 5.0 gal
Swing Drive (each) 1.0 gal
Final Drive (each) 1.0 gal
Hydraulic System (including Tank) 42.0 gal
Hydraulic Tank 32.0 gal
Cab/FOGS SAE J1356 FEB88 ISO 10262
Performance ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT98
Transport width 98.0 in
Counterweight Clearance 41.0 in
Length to Center of Rollers 10.0 ft
Shipping Height 9.58 ft
Enhanced comfort, operation and visibility
Prestart Check and Monitor Display
Experience a spacious, quiet and comfortable operator station. The cab is pressurized to reduce the amount of dust that enters the cab, keeping the operator comfortable the entire shift, while assuring high productivity during long work days.
- The comfortable seat adjusts to suit the operator's size and weight. Available as an option is a heated, air suspension seat.
- Standard air conditioning with automatic climate control adjusts temperature and airflow.
- Low effort joystick controls are designed to match the operator's natural wrist and arm position. Joysticks can be operated with arms on the adjustable armrests. The horizontal and vertical strokes are designed to reduce fatigue.
Prior to starting the machine, the system checks for low engine oil, hydraulic oil and engine coolant fluid levels and warns the operator through a color Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) monitor. The LCD monitor displays vital operating and performance information, in 29 different languages, for operator convenience.Cab Exterior
The 314D provides a new cab design that allows a Falling Object Guard System (FOGS) or front windshield screen to be bolted directly to the cab, at the factory or in the field, enabling the machine to meet specifications and job site requirements. The cab shell is attached to the frame with viscous rubber cab mounts that dampen vibrations and sound levels to enhance operator comfort.Machine Security System
An optional Machine Security System (MSS) utilizes a programmable key, deterring theft, vandalism and unauthorized usage. MSS uses electronically coded keys selected by the customer to limit usage by individuals or time parameters.
Delivering the most work per liter/gallon of fuel consumed
The Cat™ C4.2 engine with ACERT™ Technology optimizes performance and meets U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA regulations. In conjunction with integrated electronics, ACERT Technology reduces emissions during the combustion process by using advanced technology in the air and fuel systems. The Cat C4.2 engine delivers exceptional power, allowing more hydraulic pressure to drive productivity and reduce your cost per ton of material moved.Automatic Engine Control and Fuel Delivery
A two-stage control and one-touch low idle button maximize fuel efficiency and reduce sound levels. Fuel delivery is managed by the ADEM™ A4 Engine Controller for the best performance per liter (gallon) of fuel used. Flexible fuel mapping allows the engine to respond quickly to varying application needs.Crankshaft and Pistons
A forged, one-piece, induction hardened crankshaft enhances balance, decreases vibration and improves abrasion resistance. Heat resistant, aluminum alloy pistons have a short compression height for greater efficiency and longer life.Economy Mode
Accessible through the in-cab monitor, economy mode allows you to balance the demands of performance and fuel economy while maintaining the breakout forces and lift capacity enjoyed at standard power.
Low effort and precise control for highly efficient performance
Outstanding Performance Boom and Stick Regeneration Circuit
With two percent more hydraulic pressure for additional lift and breakout forces, the 314D hydraulic system is designed for high efficiency and performance. Auxiliary hydraulic and electrical lines are routed to the boom foot as standard, making retrofit of hydraulic circuits much easier. This compact design utilizes short tubes and lines, reducing friction and pressure drops, resulting in a more efficient use of power.
- Hydraulic snubbers at the rod end of the boom cylinders and both ends of the stick cylinder cushion shock, reduce sound and increase cylinder life.
- Flow is reduced to a minimum when controls are in neutral to reduce fuel consumption and extend component life.
- Hydraulic Cross-Sensing System uses two hydraulic pumps up to 100 percent of available hydraulic horsepower under all operating conditions, improving productivity with faster implement speeds and quicker, stronger pivot turns.
The boom and stick electronic regeneration circuit saves energy during boom-down and stick-in operation, increasing efficiency and lowering operating costs.Easy Operation
Work mode and power mode switches have been eliminated making full power available at all times. Operators do not need to learn different modes. An automatic boom and swing priority function automatically selects the best mode based on joystick movement.
Strong, stable and easy to maneuver
Caterpillar uses advanced engineering and software to analyze all structures, creating a durable, reliable machine for the toughest applications. More than 70 percent of the structural welds are robotic and achieve additional penetration over manual welds. These structural components and undercarriage are the backbone of the machine's durability.Carbody Design
X-shaped, box section carbody provides excellent resistance to torsional bending. Robot-welded track roller frames are press-formed, pentagonal units that deliver exceptional strength and service life. Idler and center guards (standard for LC option) are available to help maintain track alignment when traveling or working on slopes.Grease Lubricated Track
Track links are assembled and sealed with grease to decrease internal bushing wear and increase life by as much as 25 percent, when compared to dry seal undercarriages.Travel Motors
Travel motors with automatic speed selection let the 314D automatically change up and down from high and low speeds in a smooth, controlled manner.
Reliable, durable and versatile
Built for performance and long service life, Cat booms and sticks are welded, box-section structures with thick multi-plate high strength steel fabrications. Service intervals are extended with self-lubricating bearings that resist corrosion and galling for superior durability.Boom
The boom is designed for maximum digging capability and is robotic welded to ensure consistent quality. This allows excellent all-around versatility and a large working envelope.Stick
Three stick options are available to meet your application needs and increase performance and productivity. A new 2.8 m (9'2") intermediate stick is available to provide long reach and increased digging and lifting capability.
More options for more work
Caterpillar offers a variety of work tools, including hammers, thumbs, grapples, multi-processors, shears, pulverizers and vibratory compactors to fit your application needs. Additionally, a wide range of buckets are available to optimize machine performance.Auxiliary hydraulic and electrical lines are routed to the boom foot for easier installation of auxiliary hydraulic circuits, therefore reducing time, parts and cost required to add a work tool.Hydraulic Pin Grabber Coupler
An optional hydraulic pin grabber coupler is available to pick up a wide variety of buckets and work tools without having to leave the cab, thus maximizing productivity.Enhanced Systems
Work tool functionality has increased the versatility of the machine with the enhancement of the following:
- An optional Combined System enables one or two pump flow in one or two directions. With this system, only one hydraulic circuit is required.
- The Tool Control System stores up to 10 different tool settings through the in-cab display monitor. Cat Work Tools are selectable with preset flows and pressures.
- Offered as an option, the Priority Flow System provides all the advantages of the Combined System plus true priority flow for hydraulic work tools such as rotary mowers.
- Medium Pressure Circuit is available as an attachment for work tools requiring additional auxiliary hydraulics such as the rotate function on rotating grapples and shears.
The shorter tail swing and tighter front swing radius allow the operator to work safer and more efficiently on space restricted or congested job sites, focusing more on the work at hand and less on counterweight clearance.
Flexibility in tight quarters and peace of mind
Compact Radius Design
The 314D CR/314D LCR features a compact radius design which makes it ideal for working in space restricted conditions such as close to buildings, against walls/fences/embankments, wooded residential lots, road contruction - limiting lane closures, logging roads or just generally "crowded" job sites. This is not just a "city" machine. The tail swing radius is just 1.48 m (4'10") with the standard counterweight as compared to 2.14 m (7'0") on the Cat 312D. When rotated 90 degrees and working over the side, a minimal amount of counterweight extends beyond the track width: 185 mm (7") of overhang with 600 mm (24") track shoes and standard counterweight. At the end of the day, there is significantly reduced risk of damage to the machine and any job site obstacles which equates to lower operating costs, better resale value, increased safety and more operator comfort.Operator Confidence
Due to the 314D CR/314D LCR compact working envelope, operators can work confidently knowing that the counterweight will not swing into objects behind them.Comfort
The cab on the 314D CR/314D LCR is a comfortable place to work, with low sound levels, good viewing area and convenient access to the switches and controls. The 314D CR/314D LCR cab offers many of the same amenities and options found on the cab of the Cat 312D.Working Envelope
To further minimize the working envelope, the boom is repositioned more towards the center of the machine compared to a standard excavator. This reduces the front swing radius when the boom is pulled all the way up and the stick brought in completely.
Simplified service and maintenance saves time and money
Designed with the service technician in mind, many service locations are at ground level so critical maintenance can be done quickly and efficiently. Longer maintenance intervals reduce cost and increase machine availability.
- LCD monitor has the capability to memorize working hours for filters, fluids, components and work tools. Working time histories and recommended change intervals can be displayed.
- Oil level gauge, fuel filter and priming pump are conveniently located on the front of the engine for easy maintenance.
- An optional electronic fuel water sensor is available to alert the operator when the water level is high.
- Product Link assists with fleet management by tracking hours, location and product health.
- New anti-skid plates over the top of the storage box and upper structure help prevent slipping and mud from falling into the upper structure.
Equipped with S·O·SSM sampling ports and test ports for hydraulics, engine oil and coolant for quick diagnostics. A test connection for the Cat Electronic Technician (Cat ET) service tool is now located in the cab, behind the seat.Air Cleaner
A double-layered filter core in the radial seal air filter gives more efficient filtration. A warning is displayed on the monitor when dust accumulates above a preset level. This filter is conveniently located in the compartment behind the cab. An optional pre-cleaner is also available to extend filter life and reduce maintenance costs.Capsule Filter
Capsule-type, hydraulic return filter is accessible from outside the tank and prevents contaminants from entering the system when changing the hydraulic oil.Radiator Compartment
Removable screens are located in front of the radiator and hydraulic cooler, reducing cleaning time and effort.
Unmatched support makes the difference
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Make detailed comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy with estimates of component life, preventive maintenance and the true cost of production.
- Customize the machine that is right for you using Build and Quote applications on your dealer's website or www.cat.com.
- Get the latest training literature and trained staff.
- Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front.
- Nearly all parts are available at dealer parts counters.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs.
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost involved in repairing, rebuilding and replacing your machine so you make the right choice.
Alternator, 50 amp
Automatic engine speed control
Bolt-on Falling Object Guard System (FOGS) capability
- • AM/FM radio, 24-volt
- • Ashtray
- • Coat hook
- • Beverage holder
- • Economy mode
- • Horn
- • Language display monitor (full graphic/full color display)
- • Clock
- • Filter/fluid change information
- • Level check for hydraulic oil, engine oil and coolant
- • Warning messages
Openable front windshield
Openable skylight with sun shade
Travel control pedals with removable hand levers
Door locks and cap locks with one-key security system
Light, storage box mounted (1)
Mirrors (frame and cab)
- • Cat® C4.2 engine with ACERT® Technology
- • 24-volt electric starter
- • Air intake heater
- • Water separator
Radial seal air filter
- • Idler section track guiding guards
- • Center section track guiding guards (for 314D LCR)
- • Track-type undercarriage with grease lubricated seals
Auxiliary hydraulic lines from boom and sticks
Cab mounted working lights
Cab mounted working lights with time delay function
Cold weather start
Fine swing control
Front windshield guard
Hand control pattern changer
Heavy-duty bottom guard
High ambient cooling system
Power supply 5A-12V
Right side boom lights
Secondary exit, rear window
Stick and boom configurations
- • 3.0 m (9'10") stick
- • 2.8 m (9'2") stick
- • 2.5 m (8'2") stick
Water level indicator for water separator