The Cat 308D CR Mini Hydraulic Excavator delivers superior performance and comfort while reducing your operating costs. The large spacious cab provides a comfortable work area. Intuitive seat-mounted controls are easy to use for greater job accuracy and efficiency. The compact radius design allows jobsite work where other machines cannot operate--significantly impacting your bottom line. The 308D CR sets the standard for excavators in the eight-ton size class.
- Air conditioning is standard.
- 12V power receptacle for charging cell phones.
- A reclining air suspension seat with adjustable armrests.
- Storage space for literature and cup holder.
- Low effort joystick controls designed to match the operator’s natural wrist and arm positions. Consoles can be adjusted independently of the seat for maximum comfort.
- Overhead skylight improves visibility and can be opened to create air flow.
- Upper front windshield opens and easily stores on the roof above the operator with an automatic latching mechanism.
- All functions are fully pilot operated lowering owning and operating costs.
- Pattern control changer is located under the floor mat.
Compact Radius Design
- The compact radius design provides greater versatility and capability to work within confined areas. The radius of the upper body stays close to the width of the undercarriage allowing the operator to concentrate on the work at hand, rather than the tail swing of the machine.
- Cab door is curved and shaped to follow the line of the cab, it slides open taking up less space than a hinged door. When working in tight areas this allows for safer ingress and egress. This design maintains the machine’s compact dimensions reducing the risk of damage.
- Jobsite flexibility with a reduced risk of damage and less stress for the operator add up to higher rates of productivity.
Stick and Boom
- Interim Tier 4 turbocharged engine gives higher power and maintains strong performance at high altitude.
- High digging forces give power through even the most compacted ground with smooth control and responsive hydraulics that deliver productivity that our customers demand.
- Load sensing hydraulics optimize the flow of oil for smooth powerful performance and increased fuel economy.
- Automatic engine idle lowers engine revolutions when not in use to conserve fuel and lower environmental noise/emissions.
- Heavy Duty Buckets
- Heavy Duty Rock Buckets
- Ditch Cleaning Buckets
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Quick Couplers
Segmented Rubber Track
Machine Security System
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs.
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine, so you can make the right choice.
- A worldwide computer network enables the dealer parts counter to locate nearly all parts.
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.
- Cab fully glazed
- Interior light
- Pillar mounted windshield wiper and washer
- Air conditioning, heater and defroster
- Bolt-on FOGS capability
- Openable uppper front windshield
- Removable lower front windshield
- Openable skylight
- Right and rear windows, polycarbonate
- Sliding door window, tempered glass
- Rear window, emergency exit
- Seat, high back suspension, fabric covered, 4 way adjustment
- Armrest, adjustable
- Seatbelt 75 mm (3 in)
- Coat hook
- Cup holder
- Literature compartment
- Floor mat
- AM/FM radio
- Monitoring system, guages and indicators
- Neutral lever hydraulic lockout
- Joystick pilot operated controls
- Auxiliary control, joystick (proportional control)
- Travel control pedals with hand levers
- Power supply, 12V
- Dial type accelerator
- Work light, cab-mounted
- CAT HD batteries, (cold weather start)
- Altenator 35 amp
- Warning horn
- 24-volt electric starting
- MMC 4M40-TL Diesel Engine
- Certified to meet U.S. EPA Interim Tier 4
- Extended life coolant -37°C (-34°F)
- Variable displacement load sense hydraulics
- Combined function auxiliary hydraulic circuit
- Quick disconnect fittings
- Automatic swing parking brake
- Control pattern changer
- Travel alarm
- Straight line travel
- Boom check valve
- Two speed auto-shift travel
- Automatic engine idle
- Boom lowering device (accumulator)
- Reverse swing damping valve
- 2500 m (8,200 ft) altitude capability
- Steel tracks, 450 mm (18 in)
- Dozer blade with float function
- Blade, weld on cutting edge
- Grease lubricated track seals
- Idler end track guiding guards
- Hydraulic track adjusters
- Caterpillar Corporate "One Key" System
- Fuel cap, lockable
- Doors, lockable
- Stick, standard, thumb ready
- Bucket linkage with lifting eye
- Additional counterweight
- Pictograph films
- Headrest for KAB 528P/C, T8P/C
- Cab fan
- Sun visor
- Light, boom-mounted
- Cooling package, high ambient
- Starting kit, cold weather
- Coolant, extended life -50°C (-58°F)
- Medium pressure auxiliary lines
- Hydraulic quick coupler lines
- Rubber tracks, 450 mm (18 in)
- Segmented rubber track, 450 mm (18 in)
- Bolt on rubber pads
- Steel tracks, 600 mm (24 in)
- Blade, bolt on cutting edge
- Quick Couplers: Mechanical, Hydraulic, Pin Lock and Wedge Style
- Buckets: Heavy Duty, Heavy Duty Rock, Ditch Cleaning and Pin Lock
- Thumbs: Hydraulic, Full Rotation and Stiff Link
- Stick, long
- Guard - Front screen cab and canopy
- Guard - Vandalism
- Guard - Falling objects
- Guard - Swivel
- Rain protector, cab front
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
Have a freightliner with a Caterpillar C7 engine. Cannot find the belt diagram on the truck&nbs... [More]
I need to replaced the engine mount bushings on my 242D but the bolts hit the fuel tank.I there a se... [More]
How can i verify that theres actually a high pressure in crankcase? Before shutdown, MPD also diplay... [More]