The new MD5075C Track Drill includes new features that are aligned with these main customer needs: Reducing Downtime and Cost, Enhancing Productivity, and being Fully Supported. High productivity is a direct result of its best-in-class rock drill, fast and electronics free carousel rod changer, and a Cat engineered power train with a large, variable air compressor. Several technology products assist with optimum operations and equipment management. Troubleshooting is easy because MD5075C is equipped with Cat electronics that allow the use of Cat ET. Drill uptime can make or break your operation, because without drilling there can be no loading, hauling or crushing. If high mechanical availability is one of your top concerns, the MD5075C is an ideal solution thanks to its enhanced durability, improved serviceability and lower maintenance requirements.
What is the Cat Rock Drill Advantage?
Standard and Optional Choices
Rock Drill Service Cost Advantage
Automated Rock Drill Lube System – Optional
Fast and Electronics-free for Maximum Uptime
- Six rod carousel accepts 45 or 51 mm diameter drill steel
- Deep multi-pass hole depth to 31.2 m (102.5 ft)
- Unique gate design always keeps a rod in position; ready to load
- Heavy-duty, dual rod grippers assist with rod changes and are designed to last
- Two drill steel length options available: – 3.66 m (12 ft) drill steel rods – 4.27 m (14 ft) drill steel rods – 6.1 m (20 ft) starter rod
Drill Depth Indicator
- Pumps are direct driven by the engine through a steel flex coupling
- Dual element air filter with indicators
- Fuel tank 492 L (130 gal)
- Over 12 hours fuel capacity
- Abundant air provides excellent flushing power
- Reliable rotary screw-type compressor
- High pressure rating 163 L/sec (350 ft3/min) @ 10.2 bar (150 psi)
- Dual-element air filters with indicators
- 52° C (125° F) ambient temperature
- MD5075C cooler is equipped with ATAAC side by side arrangement
- Easy troubleshooting and cleaning of cores
- Piston pump runs all functions in either mode – pressure compensated in drill mode and tram mode
- In tram mode the compressor is turned off to reduce fuel consumption
- Large hydraulic tank with greater cooling capacity and deaeration of oil (405 L or 107 gal)
- Hydraulic motor-driven track assemblies
- Tram maximum speed 4.0 km/h (2.5 mph)
- Hydraulically released spring applied disc brakes
- Excavator-type track rollers
- Ground clearance 380 mm (15 in)
- Ground pressure 0.82 bar (12 psi)
- Track gauge 204 cm (80 in)
- Wide triple grouser track pads 380 mm (15 in)
- Oscillation ±10°
- Robust strut design is resistant to failures
- Easy installation and removal of shoes
- Can be rebuilt
- Single grouser option available
- Updated larger monitor display
- Advanced operating system
- Hammer adjustment from cab
- Air pressure control from cab
- Drill depth indicator and monitoring
- Climate control system maintains a consistent temperature
- Air is filtered to the operator
- Defrost/defog air is supplied to windows
- Operators seat is adjustable six ways
- Armrests, controls and switches are ergonomic
- Easy access to cab air filter
- AM/FM Radio, IPOD/MP3 port
- Communications radio ready
- Easy to clean finishes
- External 12V plug
Loaded with Safety Features
- High visibility with 3.07 m2 (33 ft2) tinted safety glass windows
- Slim structure members minimize visual obscurity
- Skylight provides excellent visibility of the drill string
- Mirrors and camera assist in moving the machine
- Ground level shutdowns
- Window wipers
Safety Through Controls
- Dual joystick controls are ergonomic and seat-mounted
- For heightened precision, the position and shape of the joysticks match the operator’s natural expectations
- Auto-thread greaser is operated from within the cab
- Operator has total control of hammer power and hole flushing
- Swing out design for interior access
- The sealed pick up pot prevents cuttings from escaping above the hole
- Abrasive resistant dust hose is 127 mm (5 in) in diameter
- Timed cleaning of filters is continual through reverse-pulses of air
- Vacuum generated air flow carries the materials
- Pivoting separator is feed mounted and separates cuttings from dust
- Filtration area is 28 m2 (304 ft2) and separates the solid particles from the clean air
- Mounted within the slim profile of the machine
- Optional water injection system can be used to suppress dust and hole-collaring or mudding the top hole to create a natural seal
- The suction fan design limits the power requirement to correspond with the application
- Easy bottom access to filters and air valves
- Emergency stop in the cab, at the rear of the machine and on the feed
- Ground-level access to service points and well-organized electrical and hydraulic designs so no step ladder required
- Spring applied, hydraulically released brakes
- Non-slip, heavy duty steps and handles are strategically placed
- Three points of contact at all steps
Extension Boom Reach Creates a Safe Zone
Operator Training for Safety
- Classroom style training available
- High quality manuals for operation, maintenance, and service
- Hands-on training with your local Cat dealer
- Equipped for Cat Electronic Technician (ET) to troubleshoot the entire machine
- Well organized electrical and hydraulic designs
- Color coded valves and blocks for easy identification and troubleshooting
- Bulk head fitting to allow for shorter run hoses
- Hydraulic hoses labeled by diameter and length and spaced for easy wrench access
- Two exterior rear facing lights
- Pump for filling hydraulic tank
- Service areas are designed with three points of contact for safety
- The grease reservoir is easily accessible for changing coupling grease
- New fuel location is easier to access over the former model
Fully Supported by World-class Cat Dealer Network
- Best-in-class parts availability because Cat dealers understand the value of your uptime
- Preventive maintenance programs are available to maximize your return on investment, achieve full equipment life cycle, and managing costs
- Guaranteed maintenance contracts help you forecast your businesses needs and strategically plan for service and parts expenses
- Operator training to help boost your productivity
Cat Monitoring System
Electrical System – Cat (ET) Electronic Technician
Drill Depth Indicator
Automatic Lubrication System
MD5075C Sustainability Features
- Drill Assist automatically adjusts power to the rock condition requirements which extends the life of the drill string, bit, and major components of the drill
- Fuel economy is achieved with an efficient U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent engine and three speed throttle control
- Remanufactured components are available
- Lube system is automatic, less accident prone and more efficient because operator time and attention is not required to regularly stop drilling to lubricate the rock drill
- Major components can be rebuilt
- Cat 315 excavator components.
- Hydraulic, motor-driven, track assemblies with 380 mm (15 in) grousers, hydraulic cylinder controlled track oscillation, hydraulic released, spring applied, disc brakes and triple rock grousers.
- Cat C9, six (6) cylinder, electronically controlled, water-cooled, turbocharged and air-to-air after-cooled diesel engine rated at 224 kW (300 hp) at 1,800 rpm includes ether for cold weather starting.
- Cat C9 engine meets Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.
- The engine speed is automatically controlled by power demand.
- Two (2) pressure compensated load sensing axial piston pumps, two (2) fixed displacement traction two-speed drive motors and a fixed displacement compressor drive motor.
- Hydraulic test ports conveniently located.
- Hydraulic motor-driven 9.9 m3/min @ 10.2 bar (350 ft3/min @ 150 psi) screw-type compressor.
- 3.81 m (12.5 ft) telescopic boom with 1.5 m (5 ft) extension.
- 0.91 m (3 ft) feed extension complete with drill positioner and universal feed table.
- Hydraulic motor-driven steel channel chain feed complete with the power centralizer. The feed will accept a 6.1 m (20 ft) steel for single pass with a hose reel, which is standard.
- 45 or 51 mm drill steel.
- Pre-split capabilities.
- Emergency shut down line.
- Model HPR5123 hydraulic powered percussion drill with an energy/frequency combination that covers a wide range of applications.
- Hydraulic motor powered variable speed rotation.
- Certified ROPS/FOPS pressurized, fixed cab complete with heater, air conditioner, wipers, drilling lights, electronic two (2) axis angle indicator and all necessary drilling controls.
- AM/FM Stereo with Bluetooth and USB.
- Carousel rod changer design for 4.26 m (14 ft) drill steel.
- Carousel will hold 6 rods.
- With one rod in the feed the total drill string length is 31.7 m (104 ft).
- 45 or 51 mm drill steel is standard.
- Multiple element, hydraulic motor powered, dry dust collecting system; complete with feed mounted precleaner and power pick up pot.
- Power coupling greaser.
- Complete sheet metal enclosure.
- Collaring circuit.
- Toe hole capabilities.
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
Have a freightliner with a Caterpillar C7 engine. Cannot find the belt diagram on the truck&nbs... [More]
I need to replaced the engine mount bushings on my 242D but the bolts hit the fuel tank.I there a se... [More]
How can i verify that theres actually a high pressure in crankcase? Before shutdown, MPD also diplay... [More]