259B SERIES 3
The Cat® 259B Series 3 Compact Track Loader features a fully suspended, steel embedded rubber track undercarriage for versatility, durability and comfort. High performance power train, advanced hydraulic system and a wide range of Cat Work Tools improve your productivity in the toughest working conditions.
All Day Comfort
Low Effort Joystick Controls
Additional Features for Maximum Comfort
- Suspension seat option for even greater operator comfort.
- Easy to read instrument panels.
- Optional air conditioner and heater for greater comfort in extreme conditions.
- Standard floor mat with footrest provides non-slip surface and can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Ergonomic, contoured and padded armbar provides comfortable operation.
Compact Track Loader Undercarriage
- Steel embedded rubber track that provides excellent durability in a wide variety of applications.
- Steel rollers with metal face seals for long-term durability and reliability in even the toughest conditions.
- Simple recoil grease tensioning system for quick track tension adjustment.
- Two track options - standard track width of 320 mm (12.6 in) or optional 400 mm (15.7 in) track.
- Low ground pressure: 41.2 kPa (6.0 psi) with the standard track and 34.4 kPa (5.0 psi) with optional 400 mm (15.7 in) track.
Hand and Foot Throttles
High Performance Hydraulic System
- Standard auxiliary hydraulics to power work tools that are available through quick connect hydraulic couplings rigidly mounted to the loader arm.
- Cat ToughGuard™ hoses for increased reliability and durability.
High Flow Hydraulics
High Efficiency Cooling System
- High-efficiency, hydraulic oil cooler lets the machine work longer and harder in higher ambient temperatures, even with continuous work tool usage.
- Efficient, hydraulically driven cooling fan provides cooling even when the machine is under load.
- Optional variable speed demand fan provides improved fuel efficiency, increased machine performance, reduced sound levels and improved cold weather performance.
The Right Tool for the Job
- Blades (angle, dozer)
- Buckets (general purpose, high capacity, dirt, utility, light material, multi purpose, industrial grapple, utility grapple)
- Brooms (angle, pickup, utility)
- Cold Planers
- Forks (pallet, industrial grapple, utility grapple, utility)
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Landscape Tillers
- Landscape Rakes
- Material Handling Arm
- Power Box Rakes
- Snow Blowers
- Stump Grinders
- Vibratory Compactors
- Wheel Saws
- Industry exclusive tilt-up cooling package provides superior access to service points and coolers.
- Rear door opens 90 degrees for easy access to both sides of the engine.
- Cab tilts rearward for easy access to all hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, lines and hydraulic tank.
- Daily maintenance points are easily accessible.
- Electrical wiring is color coded and numbered for easy identification.
- S·O·SSM oil sampling valve is standard to allow regular monitoring of the hydraulic oil quality.
Superior Dealer Services
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine, so you can make the right decision
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.
- 12 volt Electrical System
- 90 ampere Alternator
- Automatic Glow Plug Activation
- Heavy Duty Battery, 880 CCA
- Ignition Key Start/Stop Switch
- Lights: Gauge backlighting, two rear tail lights, two adjustable front and rear halogen lights, dome light.
- Gauges: Fuel level, hour meter
- Operator Warning System Indicators: Air filter restriction, alternator output, armrest raised/operator out of seat, engine coolant temperature, engine oil pressure, glow plug activation, hydraulic filter restriction, hydraulic oil temperature, parking brake engaged
- Vinyl seat
- Pull Down Ergonomic Contoured Armrest
- Control Interlock System, when operator leaves seat or armrest raised: Hydraulic system disables, hydrostatic transmission disables, parking brake engages
- ROPS Cab, Open, Tilt Up
- FOPS, Level I
- Top and Rear Windows
- Floor Mat
- Interior Rear View Mirror
- 12 volt Electric Socket
- Backup Alarm
- Hand and Foot Throttle
- Cat C3.4 DIT Diesel Engine
- Engines are Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIA Compliant
- Air Cleaner, Dual Element, Radial Seal
- S·O·SSM Sampling Valve, Hydraulic Oil
- Filters, Spin-on, Hydraulic
- Filters, Bayonet-type, Fuel and Water Separator
- Tilt Up Radiator/Hydraulic Oil Cooler
- Spring Applied, Hydraulically Released Parking Brakes
- Hydrostatic Transmission
- Engine Enclosure, Lockable
- Extended Life Antifreeze, -36° C (-33° F)
- Machine Tie Down Points (4)
- Support, Lift Arm
- Hydraulic Oil Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator Coolant Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator, Expansion Bottle
- Cat ToughGuard™ Hose
- Auxiliary, Hydraulics, Continuous Flow
- Heavy Duty, Flat Faced Quick Disconnects
- Split D-Ring to Route Work Tool Hoses Along Side of Left Lift Arm
- Electrical Outlet, Beacon
- Belly Pan Cleanout
- Quick Coupler, Mechanical or Hydraulic
- Seat Belt, 50 mm (2 in) or 75 mm (3 in)
- EU Preparation Package (Europe only - includes Demand Fan)
- Cooling Fan, Demand or Standard (EU Preparation Package includes Demand Fan)
- Comfort Packages (must select one of the following):
- Open ROPS (C0): Static Seat
- Open ROPS (C1): Suspension Seat, Deluxe Headliner
- Enclosed ROPS (C2): Features of C1 Package plus Heater, Cab Door, Side Windows, Cup Holder, Cab Debris Barrier
- Enclosed ROPS (C3): Features of C2 Package plus Air Conditioner
- Control Packages for the 259B Series 3 (must select one of the following):
- Control Package 1: Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulics Deluxe, 2 Speed
- Control Package 2: Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulics Deluxe, 2 Speed, Work Tool Harness
- Control Package 3: High Flow Hydraulics, 2 Speed
865-595-1060 or 865-599-8225
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up to receive Stowers news, job openings and specials in your email inbox.
Browse used machines and equipment from Stowers Machinery, Stowers Rents and Stowers Power Systems.
CONTACT A SALES REP
Identify and contact your Stowers Machinery sales representative by entering your ZIP code.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ...
Have a freightliner with a Caterpillar C7 engine. Cannot find the belt diagram on the truck&nbs... [More]
I need to replaced the engine mount bushings on my 242D but the bolts hit the fuel tank.I there a se... [More]
How can i verify that theres actually a high pressure in crankcase? Before shutdown, MPD also diplay... [More]